Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Something someone with a lot of free time can put together (A so-so idea that seems stupid at first.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon Something someone with a lot of free time can put together (0)  
Some of you who do your research on forum in-jokes might consider this a "raygun" but I feel that if enough thought is put into the thing, and maybe getting some guidance from caravel, it can work pretty well.

My idea is to fill in all the missing nooks and cranies in the official hold for The City Beneath. that is, put something behind those doors you seem unable to get past.

What follows is a list of places to put new levels. Good for if you dont yet grasp the concept.

A sort of "Bonus level" beyond that tunnel near porssesing station 9. There would be no reason to enter other then completing it to drop the master wall.

Before sending you to talk about butterflies, the pit thing might send you to two other sections of the library, with levels of their own. They could be themed to demonstrate the diference between mothingness and lack therof. There would be stairs to take you to the front desk, and a question would let you choose between them, making them non-linear

More rooms may be added behind those doors near the receptionest's desk at the beginning of the speaking grounds.

A level might be put after that staircase in the exit rooom off King Dugan's new dungeon. It would probably be a beat up version of a level from the origional KDD, with a staircase at it's exit leading to an otherwise unreachable roach in King Dugan's new dungeon.

The three unused wings in Castle Dugan,(kitchen, library, thing to the north beethro forgot) might have "mini levels" in them, that are on the same map as the existing rooms. this would mean adding a blue door gaurding the throne room.

Some sort of "proving gauntlet" in the naming office that you go through before entering the room with the five slayer wannabees.

More levels behind the unused doors you go past when you chace the clerk at the city archives into the archival catacombs. Perhaps he would continue running from you untill you reach all his hiding places.

The dungeon architects not letting you talk to halph untill you have gained their trust by proving your worth in a series of non linear levels in their headquarters.

Some sort of NCP crowd maze in the patronage between you and first patron. Not too big though. The slayer outside slaymasters hall might tell you that the conference isn't ready to start, and that you should look around the city while you wait. An empre runner might appear and fetch you when both this and the previous set are met, making them non linear.

More cities to go to from rooted hub. Probably a good idea to leave the Dugandy passage blocked off. Continuing this branching "mega level" might be multiple missions the surfacers send you on before they completely trust you. an example with the existing estengaurd, would be drokendutt sending you to deal with the shekken (whatever they are).

I'm not sure who's crazy enough to do this, Caravel has the advantage since they dont need to copy existing parts of the hold by hand. It may be slow if done by a user, but I suppose it's not entirely out of the question.

03-03-2013 at 06:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3640
IP: Logged
icon Re: Something someone with a lot of free time can put together (+1)  
I don't really have anything to say about the main idea here, since I'm sure there will be plenty of other people who will discuss that point.

What I will say is that the recently-released Smitemasters' Selection "Finding the First Truth" canonically establishes that the tunnel above Processing Station 9 leads into a series of City Transit Tunnels. One of those tunnels goes to a security checkpoint for a highway-like path (that isn't *the* High Path). That path then goes to various non-City Empire holdings, like the decommissioned Slayer training center, the Mineral Museum, and Rooted Hub.

On the other hand, there's usually many tunnels and a lot of space between any two official levels, and definitely between official holds, so maybe there's room for like fifty more Uncturages near Processing Station 9. Presumably there's at least 8 other processing stations, too.

[Last edited by Chaco at 03-03-2013 10:57 PM]
03-03-2013 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Something someone with a lot of free time can put together (A so-so idea that seems stupid at first.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com