Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Do Not Disturb Compilation (Contest Compilation)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (3 votes)
σ 0.47
Author Name:Brian S
Submitted By:brian_s
Hold Name:Do Not Disturb Compilation
Theme:Contest Compilation
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:9
Number of Rooms:59
Number of Monsters:648
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.3)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Do Not Disturb Compilation v6b.hold (34.7 KB)
Downloaded 694 times.
License: Other
icon Do Not Disturb Compilation  
Here it is, the compilation of entries from the unofficial contest Do Not Disturb. Some of the rooms have changed a bit from their original entries to fix unintended solutions and other issues.
08-18-2012 at 08:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
IP: Logged
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation (+1)  
It's finally here!

This is a collection of levels from several popular architects, where the gimmick is that the monsters always start in exactly the same locations, and the rooms were built around them. Despite this restriction, each architect's style becomes very apparent, and you know once you start that you're playing a Dischorran level, a techant level or a mxvladi level.

I would recommend playing the entries in rough order of difficulty.

Easy levels: techant, Template Level,
More difficult levels: Dischorran, brian_s, Trickster
Very tough levels: Rheb, mxvladi

Some levels have very difficult entrance rooms that must be completed before the rest of the puzzles can be accessed. In addition, this hold only has very basic backtracking provisions installed - once you start a level, you have no choice but to complete it before you return to the hub (or restore out).

So, overall, I think this hold is pretty difficult, and there are some puzzles which I would consider frustrating or "too long", but there's some good puzzles in here too. Trickster's level alone is worth the price of admission, especially if you like Jacob-style multiple-room-entrance levels.

08-18-2012 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Do Not Disturb Compilation (Contest Compilation) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com