Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Hanano Puzzle
Page 1 of 6
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged

File: hanano0910en.png (9.1 KB)
Downloaded 2908 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Hanano Puzzle (+6)  
Found this interesting flowery japanese puzzle game a while ago.

Hanano Puzzle is a puzzle game with blocks and flowers. When a block touches a flower of the same colour, a new flower will grown out of the block. The goal is to have flowers on all the coloured blocks.

Movements is selected using mouse. You can move a block left or right (it falls down with gravity), or you can swap two blocks of their places.

The puzzles are well designed, tricky and fun. Brain rating would be 4 for the first level and goes up very fast.

Recommended.

Download at: http://qrostar.skr.jp/ (Windows)

[Last edited by Tim at 09-25-2011 12:49 AM]
09-24-2011 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Hanano Puzzle (+1)  
Thanks for the pointer! I'm quite enjoying this. I'm at level 30 so far. These puzzles are tricky!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 09-24-2011 07:35 PM]
09-24-2011 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
icon Re: Hanano Puzzle (0)  
If anyone else is working on this as well, I'd love some verification that level 34 isn't impossible. :?

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 09-24-2011 08:47 PM]
09-24-2011 at 08:46 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Just looked at this myself. I haven't gotten far, but it's definitely a neat idea for a tile-based game with gravity.

Level 1 is a surprisingly difficult puzzle for the first puzzle, though, so don't get discouraged if you're having a bit of trouble with it.

I'm currently working on level 9.

09-24-2011 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
Looks good! I'll have to give this one a try, though I might not be able to complete it all in one year.

09-24-2011 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
I'm not that far in the game yet (still very busy in real life and such) so I can't help you with level 35.

But I've updated the first post with a bit more text.

09-25-2011 at 12:52 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Hm, if RoboBob likes it, chances are I will too ;)

Up to level 8, definitely keeping me interested so far.
09-25-2011 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
I'd like to add my recommendation. This is a good puzzle game with a pleasant execution. I've solved the puzzles up to level 10 so far, and the difficulty has been steadily more challenging.

I haven't got seriously stuck yet, but many levels have required persistent application of logic and a kind of backtracking--and of course some trial and error too. Working backwards from a visualized solution or a pattern has often worked well for me.
09-25-2011 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
I just started today and I'm on level 7. Good game!

09-25-2011 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Just did 20, that was a fantastic puzzle.

[edit] OK, 29s clearly impossible (as were several puzzles before that, until I solved them :)). Hopefully I'll have some fresh inspiration in the morning..

[Last edited by TripleM at 09-26-2011 10:40 AM]
09-26-2011 at 03:42 AM
VortexSurfer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 90
TripleM wrote:
OK, 29s clearly impossible
I got stuck on that level as well for quite some time - It has a rather neat solution.

It's impressive how difficult some of these levels can get with so few elements/ possible moves involved, and sometimes even when part of the solution is already obvious. A very nice puzzle indeed!

Has anyone finished it yet?
09-29-2011 at 12:16 AM
TripleM
Yes, it was a very pretty solution, as have been many of them. Have been distracted by the puzzle hunt RoboBob linked to so haven't played much further, but I'll get back to it in a few days..
09-29-2011 at 12:57 AM
RoboBob3000
I'm very stuck on level 43. So close yet so far. :(

09-29-2011 at 01:11 AM
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
Please give me a hint for level 20. The first blue block to get a flower isn't actually getting one, because it remains a square too low.

EDIT: I solved it with Chaco's help. I also deleted my message below asking Chaco for a hint, because that message is pretty pointless now.

[Last edited by Pekka at 09-30-2011 07:49 PM : got it, yay]
09-30-2011 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
I could use a hint for level 20 also. Seems as though it's supposed to be a very difficult puzzle.

I can manage to get the right-facing blue stone block to the blue flower through some clever application of the 2x1 gray stone and the two yellow blocks, but I can't manage to do that and keep the red block at the same height as the red flower.

[Last edited by Chaco at 09-30-2011 03:18 PM]
09-30-2011 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Getting the right-facing blue block all the way up to the blue flower involves making a tower of yellow blocks that's 4 blocks high instead of 3 blocks high. The only way to do this involves putting two yellow blocks in a line on top of the yellow flower, so that they both grow to full height.

You also know from an earlier level that the only way to safely move a block from one position to an adjacent position without falling is if both of the squares underneath the two squares you're swapping are occupied. Therefore, if you want to move a yellow block to a square 2 squares above the yellow flower, you need two blocks to support it, and a third block to help you move it into that position in the first place.

However, there's only one block that's at all reasonable to put on the bottom level (besides the yellow blocks).

--

I actually feel like I'm closer to solving the puzzle now since I figured out a tricky method of keeping the red block at the top level. I'm so close now!

EDIT:

Wow, got it. There's something special you get for beating level 20, since the programmers thought it was so difficult...

[Last edited by Chaco at 09-30-2011 06:47 PM]
09-30-2011 at 06:42 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Level 20 was quite cool :)

Edit: Up on level 33 now.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 10-01-2011 08:25 PM]
10-01-2011 at 12:51 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
Very nice game! I did manage to get level 20 done by myself, it is definitely one of the best levels in the game. But now I am stuck on level 37.
10-02-2011 at 08:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
brian_s wrote:
Very nice game! I did manage to get level 20 done by myself, it is definitely one of the best levels in the game. But now I am stuck on level 37.

You'll get it ;) I find that I quite often get stuck, then slowly it comes to me what must be done, and then, slowly, I figure out how to do it. That process is wonderfully well adapted to the way in which the human brain works, and is to me an exampel of the brains greatness.

Up at level 43 now.
10-02-2011 at 09:06 PM
RoboBob3000
Blondbeard wrote:
brian_s wrote:

You'll get it ;) I find that I quite often get stuck, then slowly it comes to me what must be done, and then, slowly, I figure out how to do it. That process is wonderfully well adapted to the way in which the human brain works, and is to me an exampel of the brains greatness.

Up at level 43 now.
Give me a holler when you make it past that one. I think I just need someone to confirm it's possible.

10-02-2011 at 10:56 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I'm at 47 right now, it's very much possible :)
10-02-2011 at 10:58 PM
TripleM
I like the way the choose-a-level screen keeps changing every time you think you're just about to finish the game :)

I'm up to 42 now.
10-02-2011 at 11:14 PM
Tim
I'm going to concede and ask for some hints on 10 :D

10-02-2011 at 11:56 PM
TripleM
Hm, as most puzzles are lynchpins it's a little tough to give hints without giving the whole solution away, but I'll try..

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by TripleM at 10-03-2011 12:20 AM]
10-03-2011 at 12:18 AM
Tim
Thanks. Even though I read your hint and didn't understand any of it.

I got it just afterwards by sheer luck. :D

10-03-2011 at 12:27 AM
TripleM
RoboBob3000 wrote:
I'm very stuck on level 43. So close yet so far. :(
I totally see what you mean :huh
10-03-2011 at 04:31 AM
Blondbeard
Me too, but now it's done.
10-03-2011 at 05:57 AM
Doom
That was a delightfully tricky last level. Thanks for the find Tim.
10-03-2011 at 11:06 AM
Tim
Doom wrote:
That was a delightfully tricky last level. Thanks for the find Tim.
Please don't thank me, but thank the developer.

It's possible to contact him on his homepage, and even though I don't know how good his English is, I think he will appreciate it.

10-03-2011 at 11:52 AM
Doom
Oh, but I couldn't thank him if I didn't know about the game. Based on this I'd say English isn't a problem.
10-03-2011 at 02:15 PM
Page 1 of 6
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Hanano Puzzle
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No