Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Page 2 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (0)  
Give us all 4 rooms! Maybe next to each other! :)
06-11-2010 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
The Stew Boy wrote:
Give us all 4 rooms! Maybe next to each other! :)
Ooh! I could definitely imagine four linear gauntlets of four rooms, where either each person contributes one room to each of the four corridors or each corridor is made entirely of rooms made by one architect.

If my comment made any sense, that is...

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-11-2010 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1067

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (11.8 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
Level 2
The multipier is x1. Style is Fortress.
1 blue key will be required for completion.

Expected starting stats are about:

450 Hp
36 Atk, with Foil
39 Def, with Wooden Shield
9/4/0/0 in keys
Player will need 4 yellow and two green keys to enter the level.

Room assignment:

12th Archivist: 1W, 2W, 1S1W, 1S2W
The Stew Boy: 1E, 2E, 1S1E, 1S2E
Hyperme: 1S, 2S, 2S1E, 2S1W
Exit: 3S

You may notice that the connections between rooms are lacking. Well, that's because, for this round only, you get to edit the room borders! Providing they are the border between two of your rooms.
PM me for secret rooms, tell me where you want to put it, and I'll tell you if the position is free.

Submitting deadline is Friday the 18th of June.

My email: clockoutguy@yahoo.co.uk
You can also PM me a download link.

And remember! No conferring!

Also, the level set now has an introduction, and our hero has a name.

[Last edited by hyperme at 06-11-2010 05:54 PM]
06-11-2010 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
I have finished my rooms and have submitted them to the email hyperme provided.

This post was just an FYI. Nothing particularly important.

06-12-2010 at 04:35 AM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (15 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
We have our results!

My stats before opening the blue door in 2S:

1941 HP
86 Atk, with Short Sword (+30, Metal)
63 Def, with Wooden Shield (+10)
1169 Gr
1299 REP
Keys: 2/1/2/0
Score: 767

Lots of HP. I have a few keys to get from behind a Swordsman, and have cleaned out Level 1.

06-12-2010 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Before opening L2 blue door:

HP: 1870
ATK: 86
DEF: 63
GR: 1332
REP: 1492
Keys: 13/5/1/0
Score: 925

I've also got 4 yellow, 5 green (2 of which are needed for the blue), 1 blue key and 200HP waiting behind monsters. Getting them at my current stats costs 367HP, putting me at 1703.

[Last edited by Doom at 06-12-2010 02:58 PM]
06-12-2010 at 02:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
My stats on opening the blue door:
HP 975
ATK 86
DEF 62
GR 1227
REP 1387
Keys 8/6/1/0
Score 822
Also have 5 yellow, 5 green, 1 blue, 200 hp waiting.

I'm guessing both of you spent the green key in L1:4S for the DEF gem? I'm hoping that leaving it there was a wise idea...

Also, L2: 1S2E doesn't work quite as imagined (you're supposed to have to go through the monsters there before being able to get to the brain) but by the time I did that part most of them did 0 damage, and I guess I didn't test that room thoroughly enough because the roach queen blocks the area off anyway. I think I'll leave it as it is.

Edit: Just noticed some big disrepancies in the key area - I'm guessing that hyperme used the 2 yellow/2 green up in 2E and the 4 yellow in 2S1E/1W, while I also used up 4 yellows in 2S1E/1W. Is it a good idea to have such big differences, or should we force players to have more keys left over again? Also, how on earth did Doom end up with almost 1000 more HP than me? I can only guess that a lot of that was from me getting the 5 gems in 2E too early.

Oh, and I'm still up for next round.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 06-13-2010 12:14 AM]
06-13-2010 at 12:08 AM
Doom
The Stew Boy wrote:
I'm guessing both of you spent the green key in L1:4S for the DEF gem? I'm hoping that leaving it there was a wise idea...
You save 1hp per non-defcapped hit for the rest of the hold. The longer the hold goes and there's no lack of keys (as there doesn't seem to be for the moment), the better the payoff will be. I'm thinking it'll be worth it.
Also, how on earth did Doom end up with almost 1000 more HP than me? I can only guess that a lot of that was from me getting the 5 gems in 2E too early.
It's probably a lot of small things adding up. Iirc, I took around 600dmg from the soulless (after using one yellow of course). Note though that I used no yellows in 2S1E/1W which should make up for at least some of the difference.

Sign me up for level 3, btw.
06-13-2010 at 10:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Doom wrote:
(after using one yellow of course).
...it would help if I did that, yes. It would probably also help if I actually remembered L1:4S sooner, rather than waiting till I get 0 damage from the babies.
06-13-2010 at 10:48 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
In the most recently released version (with filled-in level 2), level 1 has Fighter Roaches that are now Stalwart-based custom characters instead of roach-based custom characters like they're supposed to be. This was probably a mistake related to creating the Devnar character.

Hopefully this can quickly be fixed, since the presence of a sword makes these monsters more difficult to fight, in addition to having them not resemble roaches at all.

==

I will play through levels 1 and 2. I'm interested in participating in building level 3.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-15-2010 02:08 AM]
06-15-2010 at 02:08 AM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (15 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
Fixed version with non swordy roachs. That are roachs.

06-15-2010 at 10:20 AM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (15.5 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
ZOMG Double post!

Hopefully final version of level 2, with the boss.

Also, a quick call for people who want to jump for Level 3, which I'll probably start on Friday.

06-16-2010 at 06:43 PM
12th Archivist
I'm up for a third level.

06-16-2010 at 07:09 PM
The Stew Boy
Me too.
06-17-2010 at 02:50 AM
hyperme
So the people for next round are:

12th Archivist
Chaco
Doom
The Stew Boy

There's still time to sign up, or unsign up, if you need to due to stuff.

06-17-2010 at 10:03 PM
Chaco
Here's my score readouts for the two score checkpoints in the hold currently:

Guardians Defeated!
Click here to view the secret text

Gatehouse Guard Def (this title should really be made shorter, it doesn't fit in the Score Checkpoint box)

==

I think level 2 is pretty reasonable, but we'll need to keep in mind for level 3 that there are two blue keys in level 2, and only one of them is necessary to progress to the Gate Guardian and onward to level 3.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-17-2010 10:27 PM]
06-17-2010 at 10:26 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (16.1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
Level 3
The multipier is x2. Style is Deep Spaces.

Room assignment:

12th Archivist: 1N1E, 1S
Chaco: 1N, 1W
Doom: 2N1E, 1E
Hyperme: 1N1W, 1S1E
The Stew Boy: 1S1W, 2S1W
Exit and Entrance are the in the same room, but separated by a wall.

PM me for secret rooms, tell me where you want to put it, and I'll tell you if the position is free.

Submitting deadline is Friday the 25th of June.

My email: clockoutguy@yahoo.co.uk
You can also PM me a download link.

And remember! No conferring!

Don't look for a room give out pattern, it's random this time.

06-18-2010 at 02:21 PM
Chaco
hyperme wrote:

Does that mean there will be one blue door or two blue doors by the exit?

06-18-2010 at 03:37 PM
hyperme
At the moment it's one blue door. Of course, if lots of blues end up in the player's pocket, more may be added.

06-18-2010 at 03:40 PM
hyperme
Note:

The Darkness level of the level has been put up by one.

06-18-2010 at 07:18 PM
Chaco
It's the 27th of June. The submission deadline was the 25th, last Friday. How are things going with submissions and the completion of the level?

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-27-2010 03:27 PM]
06-27-2010 at 03:26 PM
hyperme
I'm waiting for a single submission. However, I may release the level if it doesn't come in by Tuesday.

06-27-2010 at 03:50 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (19.5 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
The last submission did not arrive on time. We will go on with out it.

This level is hard. Few keys and lots of doors give a big diffuculty spike. Or maybe I'm horrendously terrible at DROD RPG.

You decide!

Of course, there won't be a boss, and two blues are avalible in Level 2, so this level can be worked around.

06-30-2010 at 11:46 AM
The Stew Boy
I guess this really depends on how many keys you can bring in - 1S1W will bring you a bucketload of HP and stats if you don't mind forking out 7 green keys or so, as can 2S1W, except with 9 yellow keys instead.

My (first attempt) stats on reaching the staircase:

HP 215
ATK 158
DEF 123
GR 680
REP 3312
Keys 0/1/0/0
Short sword, bronze shield

I used the power square about 8 times or something (perhaps the starting greckle amount should be increased?), all for ATK, mainly so that I could one-shot the swordsmen in 1N1W. However, since I reached the staircase well before this, this might not be necessary if L4 provides some ATK early on - or if someone fills in the missing rooms and provides some ATK there.
Quite possibly if I found the bronze shield earlier it might be different, but I'm going to bed now and will try this out again in the morning.

I'm thinking that by L5 we're probably going to have triggered an orb that doubles the stats of all monsters, because at this ATK rate we'll be one-shotting everything by then.
06-30-2010 at 01:14 PM
Doom
Stacking def I'm currently sitting at

HP: 3114
ATK: 130
DEF: 149
GR: 497
REP: 3129
Keys: 8/10/1/0

Getting 20 more atk somehow will make the remaining gems much more affordable. There's still +16ATK, +12DEF, waiting behind swordsmen (as well as three yellow, one blue key and 1100HP behind various monsters). Getting all the stuff listed would consume 5 yellows and 1 green, putting the extra keys for later levels at 6/9/1/0.

It's also possible to use the speed potion to clear 1N1W much earlier (while buying def of course), but since only 20atk is needed for doing it without, it's probably better saved for later.

Oh, and we'll want to do something about those empty rooms. They're ugly.

edit: ATK route

[Last edited by Doom at 07-01-2010 11:41 AM : improved def-route]
06-30-2010 at 02:29 PM
Chaco
I'll put in my two cents: I, too, thought the altar was really powerful for the relatively low pricing scheme. I also think that unless the greckle supply is tightly controlled, a lot of statistics are going to be extracted out of that altar with the greckle supply from later levels, even with the (x1.5) growth rate.

Anyway, I basically took all the conveniently-available powerups, but left some of the other goodies (such as those behind the swordsmen and the ones in 1S1W and 1S1E, and the bronze shield) untouched.

Also I'm surprised the Hand Bomb is being given out this early, although I suppose that if we're going to require it to be used on some sort of secret ending path it doesn't really matter when it's given out.

(Also all you guys can blame me for making the secret room with the bronze shield in it. I figured 110 ATK would be just about or close to the highest ATK someone could get on this level, but I think I undershot it. But a bronze shield and a green key can't be ignored for too long anyway.)

==

Here's my statistics on opening the blue door, which leaves some tasks undone but is a good idea of what I would be trying to take into level 4 when that gets built:

HP: 1525
ATK: 105
DEF: 105
Keys: 2/8/0/0
GR: 15
REP: 2597

Score = 1058

==

I think we should discuss what we should do with 12th Archivist's rooms in 1S and 1N1E, and if hyperme's and our plans include revising level 3. I'm not in favor of leaving the two rooms empty like they are now, or of using Nuntar's solution of just including some token key -> health trades in them, since there's already plenty of health and keys around.

I personally would suggest we put some sort of resource sink in 1S and 1N1E where no resources can actually be gained, only burned through in combat or opening doors.

07-01-2010 at 04:41 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (19.6 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
This version increases the altar's starting cost to 200. You have to start from the beggining of level 3 for it to take effect. I've also added some decoration to the two empty rooms until content is put in.

Adding rooms solely designed to drain resources isn't really the best solution to the problem. However, some tatically placed key/hp choices could work. Either open a door, or fight a monster.

[Last edited by hyperme at 07-01-2010 09:17 PM]
07-01-2010 at 07:39 PM
Doom
The altar is better now, yes. You get about 4 less uses now, so -8ATK or -16DEF compared to the old one. This also means that you pretty much now have to visit L4 to one-hit the swordsmen even when getting ATK.

As for L4 stats, going def-route from my best save in the current version I can get the following without any huge sacrifices (all swordsmen still alive, 1S1W not touched, serpent in 1S1E expected damage 684 at the moment)

HP: 2052
ATK: 116
DEF: 123
GR: 83
REP: 2870
Keys: 9/10/1/0
Short Sword, Bronze Shield

On average people will have less keys, but I think it's reasonable to expect at least this kind of ATK/DEF. Of course if we use the altar for ATK instead this'll look way different.
Chaco wrote:
(Also all you guys can blame me for making the secret room with the bronze shield in it. I figured 110 ATK would be just about or close to the highest ATK someone could get on this level, but I think I undershot it. But a bronze shield and a green key can't be ignored for too long anyway.)
Actually it's not so bad at 92ATK either (breakpoint for 5 hits, as opposed to 110 for 4 hits), since the difference is only around 200HP. If you do something like get the soulless gems in 1S1E right after getting the shield, it will pay for itself instantly (4x4x20DMG = 320HP saved)
07-02-2010 at 11:42 AM
The Stew Boy
Oh, I'm fine for level 4, by the way.
07-02-2010 at 12:12 PM
hyperme
If we get enough poeple, I try to start Level 4 by Monday.
I have to stat sets. If I don't kill the Snake in 1S1E:

1391 HP
116 Atk
119 Def
905 GR
2680 REP
1/7/1/0

If I kill the snake, then go looting:

659 HP
124 Atk
131 Def
119 GR
2906 REP
2/8/1/0

07-03-2010 at 03:32 PM
Page 2 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com