Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ideas for games
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Ideas for games (0)  
Since I love making 2D games, I always try to do lots of games at once, which most of them fail. I need some new fresh and addicting ideas for games, and I thought the Caravel Community could gave me lots of hints on different types of games... So yeah, suggest me something.

12-26-2007 at 06:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Ideas for games (0)  
I always thought some kind of team based top-down tactical shooter would be awesome. Think CS2D but with at least a hint of strategy or tactics.
12-26-2007 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
At the risk of being rude, perhaps you should finish some of the existing projects?

But if you want ideas - a sokoban like game is not a bad idea. You can add your own custom elements.

12-26-2007 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
I've always wanted to make a game where the protagonist is running a lawn-mowing service. I never actually made said game due to the fact that I never figured out how exactly the mechanics would work, and also the fact that I found Zen Puzzle Garden, which basically had exactly the same idea of "cover an area".

12-26-2007 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bobpie
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 54
Maybe some sorta stealth game?

they got guns, you got like a stun thingy. IDK I'm half asleep atm.
12-27-2007 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Ideas for games (+1)  
Erik wrote:
DROD was the game I made that was what I wished someone else would make so I could play it.
Do this. Think of the game you most want to play and make it. Its the best way to finish a game.
12-27-2007 at 01:54 AM
goldenferret
Rank Points: 57
How about something based off of WTF for the PSP? That game was awesome. Maybe it could have more mundane jobs, like software developer or coffee maker. Just suggesting. :)

12-29-2007 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
Rank Points: 57
All I have to say for the awesomeness of this game is...

Click here to view the secret text

12-31-2007 at 04:52 AM
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
icon Re: Ideas for games (+1)  
A game concept I woke up with this morning:

Warning - some cursing is present

Today you were sentenced to life in prison for killing a news anchorman. Why'd you do it? Depends on who you ask; the prosecution would say you're a low-life drug dealer who just took on a job too big for you to do well, the defense would say you just had a bit of temporary insanity that a stay in a nice institution would clear up, and the media would just say you're another hopeless monster everyone's better off without having on the streets. Wait, you want to know what you say? Same as always; in the span of time the murder was committed you were lying flat on your ass out cold as a result of a 'client' conking you with a blackjack. Too bad it was in a deserted alley with no witnesses (that you know of, anyway) and that by the time the cops grabbed you the bump on your head had cleared up; the defense couldn't verify that story to save their lives and the prosecution laughed it away. DNA and tissue agree with the prosecution, too; it's obvious someone picked you as an easy frame, but you couldn't guess why or who it'd be and it wouldn't help you get off in time anyway. Now you're going to prison for life...

So, what are you going to do? You're pretty far up shit creek without a paddle, but you still have options.

* Maybe you'd like to be a model prisoner; it might shave 5, 10, hell, maybe even 20 years off your time. Of course, there's zero guarantee that you'll get out earlier, and 50 years is a long time to be in prison when you're not even guilty...

* You could also try escaping. Maybe if you're smart and lucky enough you could pull a Shawshank. Or perhaps a simpler Alcatraz will do, but the guards won't like that much and there will definitely be a manhunt even if you get away clean...

* You can also keep trying the law; there's no way for you to actually leave and play detective by yourself, but you can probably still find ways to get money to pay outside friends to try playing detective for you, and there's plenty of lawbooks and information in the prison library. Of course, whoever framed you probably isn't going to like people snooping in their business, and they probably can reach inside if you make yourself too much of a hassle...

* There's also just plain dying; plenty of ways to do that in prison. A shop 'accident', bedsheets into a noose, inmate riots, threatening a guard's life, pissing off a single powerful inmate.. the list goes on quite a ways. If you die, though, either because you feel suicide is best or you make the wrong move with someone, nobody will know what really happened...

The choice is yours...

01-01-2008 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ideas for games
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com