Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Elemental Showcase Compilation (Looking for a volunteer)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Elemental Showcase Compilation (+2)  
As per my directions, my first act as Contest Compilation Coordinator is to find someone to create a compilation for the Elemental Showcase Contest.

Any potential volunteers should be aware that there are 21 entries, which makes for a rather large hold, and therefore quite a lot of work to put it together.

A few requirements:

1) Any volunteers should be familiar with the hold-building process. This does not necessarily mean a published hold, but it would certainly help.

2) The compilation will need to be completed in a reasonable amount of time. If it is taking too long, I may need to find someone else to do it. But don't worry - as long as you're working on it, it'll be fine.

Once the compilation hold is complete, it will need to be tested. I'm going to say the compiler will be responsible for recruiting testers, but if necessary, I will be able to help. Keep in mind that testing for compilations is different than for other holds. Specifically, the idea for compilations is to avoid changing things if at all possible - an entry should only be changed to make it possible to complete, and even then only in the least obtrusive way possible. Therefore, all that is to be done in the testing stage is to make sure all the stairs are mapped correctly, and to make sure the compilation hold is conquerable (and masterable, if at all possible).

Volunteers?

10-22-2007 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Elemental Showcase Compilation (0)  
I heard NiroZ is working on one.

If not, I would be willing to do it. I'm almost done with the Invisibility compilation, which you can see if you want to, and then(that is: tomorrow or the day after that) I'd be more than happy to work for this one.
10-22-2007 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Dex Stewart wrote:
I heard NiroZ is working on one.
Yes, he was. Be he decided he didn't have time for it, so I was asked to find another volunteer.

If not, I would be willing to do it. I'm almost done with the Invisibility compilation, which you can see if you want to, and then(that is: tomorrow or the day after that) I'd be more than happy to work for this one.
I'd prefer if the Invisibility one was at least into the testing phase before starting on another one. If there are no other volunteers by that time, then you can do it.

10-22-2007 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Elemental Showcase Compilation (+1)  
That's what I meant with 'almost done'. At this moment (literally) I'm checking the staircases. Other than that, there's very little work to be done beside completing the rooms(which can also be done by someone else, obviously).
10-22-2007 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Elemental Showcase Compilation (+5)  
OK. I've started assembling this. If you don't want your entry compiled, let me know soon. So there.
06-30-2008 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Good for Tahnan! :)

I'll affirm that I do want my entry in the compilation.

06-30-2008 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I think I've already done most of the permissions, Link.
07-01-2008 at 03:06 AM
Tahnan
NiroZ wrote:
I think I've already done most of the permissions, Link.
Yeah, but I don't have Access. Opening it in Excel, it looked like Chaco had given permission and no one else had.
07-01-2008 at 08:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302

File: ScreenShot197.png (146.2 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
well why didn't you say so?
07-01-2008 at 11:26 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076

File: Elemental Showcase Jason.hold (2.9 KB)
Downloaded 21 times.
License: Public Domain
Here is my entry.

07-01-2008 at 04:44 PM
Tahnan
To all contest entrants: if you're the sort of person who doesn't check architecture, the compilation has been posted for initial testing. (If you're the sort of person who doesn't check contests, not only are you not reading this, it's awfully unlikely that you entered in the first place.)

Please check to make sure your hold appears correctly. Note that I have corrected spelling/grammar errors.
07-16-2008 at 10:25 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Elemental Showcase Compilation (Looking for a volunteer)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com