Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MMGs Dungeon Reloaded (Mixed puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.6/10 (7 votes)
σ 1.18
Author Name:Daniel Blochinger
Submitted By:MeckMeck GRE
Hold Name:MMGs Dungeon Reloaded
Theme:Mixed puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:11
Number of Rooms:51
Number of Monsters:1374
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: MMGs Dungeon Reloaded.hold (39.8 KB)
Downloaded 1343 times.
License: Other
icon MMGs Dungeon Reloaded  
How big is this hold? It contains 40 puzzles.
How long is this hold? Depending on your skills (2-4 hours).
Does this hold have a story? No.
Does it have a certain theme? No.

06-05-2007 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: MMGs Dungeon Reloaded (0)  
And here it is! Another excellet hold from MeckMeck! Great puzzles and an all over good time. I hope everyone takes the time to play this... you don't want to miss out! :)

This deserves an 8 and 4.5 brains.
06-05-2007 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
Fair warning: in Third Level - Gallery: 1N, the floor is helpfully marked to indicate sight lines for the eyes. Unfortunately, it's missing four squares from (21,13) to (17,9), visible to the lower-right eye. I'm assuming this was an oversight on the part of the architect, which is why I'm posting it here--I can delete the post if I'm wrong.

(Very much enjoying the hold, which is quite devilish in places.)
06-06-2007 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
Wow, just wow. This is a really good hold, with some really devilish rooms.

06-06-2007 at 09:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Boo to you, MeckMeck! I'll just face Northeast and camp in the scroll spot in First Level: Twice East! :)

Nah, just kidding. I'm seeing some much more interesting puzzles so far, but also a few things I don't like. I'll make more specific comments later.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-06-2007 09:51 PM]
06-06-2007 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: MMGs Dungeon Reloaded (+2)  
Just completed this hold - whew! 3 evenings was definitely more than 2-4 hours, and I haven't yet gone back to do the challenges. Some of these puzzles are pretty tricky, and I like how there is usually more than one non-trivial way to complete each room.

Some puzzle types were particularly well represented in this hold. There's the kind where you have to save one monster while battling through a room to kill snake(s) at the end. The first puzzle in the hold (Frosty Welcome : Entrance) is a particularly nice example. I also liked Restoration : 1E;
Click here to view the secret text

But then there's my very favorite type of puzzle. The kind where there's many elements in a room, and you have to use some (but not all) of them in the right order to solve it. Kind of like being in a maze, but not a maze with walls (if that makes any sense). There's a whole level devoted to these (Reflexion), the Entrance room was my favorite here, and this puzzle element is sprinkled throughout the rest of the hold as well. Final Level : 1N1W... yikes!

As advertised, this hold does not really have a story. Or maybe it would have an implied story, had I seen the Matrix movies.

Nice job, MeckMeck! :)
07-03-2007 at 08:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MMGs Dungeon Reloaded (Mixed puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com