Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Chaco's Hold (Thread for uploading to HA process)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon Re: Chaco's Hold (0)  
Is it possible to get to level VI inside the hold?
03-10-2007 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Yes. Master the hold, then restore to Prologue: The Entrance and the master wall will go down. Go down that passageway and the staircase goes to level VI (where there are two rather good puzzles)

Level VI: Once South is probably my favorite room in the entire hold. I've never seen anything like it.

03-10-2007 at 02:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Chaco wrote:
Level VI: Once South is probably my favorite room in the entire hold. I've never seen anything like it.
I have. Check my entry for the Unfortunate Architect contest. More specifically, Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 South, 1 East.

03-10-2007 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
I couldn't even get past the first part of that room, but I can see from a quick look-through that I think you probably do need the mimics to carve through it that quickly.

Still, though, I think this room probably focuses more on the trick and less on putting it into one small part of an entire room.

03-10-2007 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Chaco wrote:
I couldn't even get past the first part of that room, but I can see from a quick look-through that I think you probably do need the mimics to carve through it that quickly.
While yours didn't need to if you act quickly, at least that's what I did :)

03-10-2007 at 09:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
New version has been uploaded.

2N1E and 2N2E have been changed - I believe I've gotten rid of Rabscuttle's trivial solution and all of its variations, although I'd like verification of this.

I added a few more empty spaces in the walls of 1N2E to make it more consistently caved-in - nothing important that would block any passages, however.

03-11-2007 at 12:25 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119

File: Chacos Hold.hold (56.2 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Other
Here's a version with the unused custom image removed.

You should really post some kind of bug report about it, though, because you should be able to delete the image in-game. It might be a problem with the Mac-build.

03-14-2007 at 07:36 AM
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
Any hints for Level II: 2S 1W?
Also, is Level II: 1S 1E even possible?
I see no way of passing the two doors with orbs on either side of them.

-Insane
03-14-2007 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level II 1S1E:

Hmm, there's probably a reason there's a staircase there...

Click here to view the secret text

Level II 2S1W:

As you've likely discovered, the puzzle of this room is figuring out how to get the roach in the big grid out. To do this, you have three tools:

1. The orb at top right through the tunnel. This has no time limit on its use.

2. The orb at bottom middle. This can be struck once, and then you must strike it again and leave, or a roach will get stuck in the force arrow trap.

3. The orb at bottom right. Similar to orb 2 but with a longer time limit, and further to the right.

Hopefully, with some experimentation, the order in which you should use these should become clear.

Luckily for you, after solving this room, there's a choice of whether you want to do 2S2W right away or not.

03-14-2007 at 10:32 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Chaco's Hold (Thread for uploading to HA process)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com