Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tombs Of Torrath
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Benglebert
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged

File: Tombs of Torrath.hold (36.4 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Tombs Of Torrath (0)  
This is my first hold. I have been working on it for a while now and think it is about ready to presented here. It has a story with a slight Egyptian feel and is seven levels long with some levels having themes and others without.
Note also that it is designed to be played in Architects Edition and has one or two unintended alterations when played in Journey to Rooted Hold.
02-08-2007 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: Tombs Of Torrath (0)  
I haven't finish is; but good work; is good!

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
02-09-2007 at 05:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheHiggs
I am only wondering how the levels/rooms that you have created and sent out to the public for "practice test"; 35 looked at but only 8 downloaded to give it a try. Does this come to an average percentage of 22% to have the guts to try?
02-09-2007 at 07:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
Well the thing is he said he wanted it to be an AE hold. I don't have AE and am not interested in downloading it just to test one hold, so I'm not going to bother.
02-09-2007 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
TheHiggs wrote:
I am only wondering how the levels/rooms that you have created and sent out to the public for "practice test"; 35 looked at but only 8 downloaded to give it a try. Does this come to an average percentage of 22% to have the guts to try?

one person who downloaded it may have come to the thread more than once however. :)

02-09-2007 at 03:39 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Hi Benglebert --

Could you be more specific about whatever issues people using this hold in JtRH will encounter? My understanding is that there aren't any compatibility issues between AE and JtRH, so I'm curious what sort of things you're talking about and how serious they are.

Josh

02-09-2007 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Benglebert
Basically, some levels are made more difficult or become trivial due to the changes in spider characteristics. Also, there are a couple of occasions where the story makes reference to aspects of the scenery that change when played in Journey to Rooted Hold. Nothing very serious, I only mentioned it for the benefit of those who possess both versions of DROD.
Also, thank you for your feedback Neather2, I am glad you are liking it.
02-09-2007 at 08:00 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
I decided to go play this hold, since it looked interesting.

...I dunno. Some of the rooms are interesting, but others are just boring and tedious. And I really, really am not liking this crumbly wall maze on level 2.

Anyway, I'll get back to you when I solve Once South Once West on that level, that's tricky.

02-09-2007 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Okay, I've forced my way through that level.

Back On Track is a pretty nice level, with some good puzzles. My only gripe is that there's this really nasty tar room to start out, which might put some people off, but I liked your theme of "roach in the upper passageway" and you made good use of it.

Then I get to Deeper Down.

This is still pretty indicative of the other levels - there are some good puzzles (Twice West, Once East, Twice South) some okay hack and slash (The Entrance, Once West, Once North, Twice North, Once South Once West, Once South Once East) and then some really nasty hack and slash which I only managed with luck (Once North Once East, Twice East)

And then I get to Once North Once West.

...Dude, there's NO WAY you can solve that without knowing the right turn number to hit that orb. I've basically given up until I can calculate the EXACT TURN the serpents are going to line up nicely, and have the timer serpent be at the correct move preference too.

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-10-2007 04:27 PM]
02-10-2007 at 04:26 PM
Benglebert
Thank you for your comments Chaco, if you are still stuck there is actually a much easier way to solve Once North Once West:

Click here to view the secret text

02-10-2007 at 06:48 PM
Chaco
Ah, no worries, I got it.

The Halls of Vision is really kicking my can, though. I'll manage somehow.

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-11-2007 01:01 AM]
02-11-2007 at 01:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tombs Of Torrath
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com