Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Anyone know of any good Trance music?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
IP: Logged
icon Anyone know of any good Trance music? (0)  
I've been into Trance for several years, and now the hunger for more good trance is growing. If you have any reccomendations, I'd be happy to hear them! :)

I have some songs from 4 Clubbers, 4 Strings, Accuface, Above & Beyond, D.H.T., DJ Merlin & DJ C-Bass, and some others.

If you have no idea what Trance is: It's a genre of music from Dance. It's related to club music and has fast, pounding beats and good-feeling melodies.

I'll be looking forward to any suggestions. :)
01-20-2007 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Anyone know of any good Trance music? (0)  
Spice girls? Oh wait...
01-21-2007 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Super Mario games soundtracks have fast, pounding beats and good-feeling melodies. Hmm...

01-21-2007 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Anyone know of any good Trance music? (+1)  
The ones in my collection that might count as trance are BT, Rabbit in the Moon, Moby, Sasha & Digweed, Underworld and a Sarah McLachlan remix CD (:P ). Sorry, I like some techno, but not enough to know the difference between house, trance, jungle, etc. so these may or may not be what you're looking for. In fact, from your list I think these may be too mainstream for your tastes as I've never heard of any off your list.

01-21-2007 at 07:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Well, I've never been much into trance (a lot of what I heard was frankly too cheesy for my taste), but you really can't go wrong with Juno Reactor before they totally lost it - i.e. I can recommend everything they released before "Shango" ("Transmissions", "Beyond The Infinite" and "Bible Of Dreams").

And while I'm not sure whether to consider it trance or not, CJ Bolland's "Electronic Highway" and "The Analogue Theatre" are nice, as is pretty much everything Underworld and Fluke have put out (although I'd file both under "Dance", not "Trance"...)

Dunno if the fact that I'd consider "Pocket Universe" to be Yello's trance album helps... :)

(Oh yeah, what I listed above are all albums as I never was much into hunting after singles...)

Then again, I was mainly into IDM at the time most of the stuff above was released - before some marketeers had the glorious idea of sticking the tag "Electronica" (ick...) on everything they could get their grubby mittens on... :rolleyes

np: Coldcut - Everything Is Under Control (ft. Mike Ladd & Jon Spencer) (Sound Mirrors)

[Last edited by Briareos at 01-21-2007 11:04 AM]
01-21-2007 at 11:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
Tscott and Briareos had some pretty good reccomendations. I liked a few so much like Juno Reactor, and Rabbit in the Moon, that I bought a few from them. Thanks, guys!
01-21-2007 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
"Anyone know of any good Trance music?"

Wait...that's a trick question, right?

01-31-2007 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Rank Points: 339
This is a good compilation album.They have done over 40 double cd volumes in the last 10 years in the UK, about half of them Trance orientated.

But, in terms of actual artists:
Armin van Buuren
BT
DJ Tiësto
Agnelli & Nelson
Chicane
Darude
DJ Tomcraft
Faithless
Ferry Corsten
Infected Mushroom
Milk Inc
Paul Van Dyk
Scooter (these are a bit faster)

Hope that helps.

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)

[Last edited by geomatrx at 01-31-2007 02:17 PM]
01-31-2007 at 02:15 PM
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
This guy makes some really good music. Most of his stuff can be downloaded, though a few tracks are album-only. I'm not sure it'll all be exactly what you're going for, but all the music is tagged individually with the genres they fit into, and I would find it hard to believe if someone told me they couldn't find something there that was worth a listen. You may also want to check his older site for some of his older material, though I'm not sure if the songs can still be downloaded from there.
01-31-2007 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
Noted: SGX is really good.

I'm not really a trance man, although I can sit down and listen on occasion. Been listening to lots of Venetian Snares, Plaid and bits of peices of other peeps like Amon Tobin, The Flashbulb which is quite away from my usual heavy DnB and rock listening.

Click here to view the secret text

02-01-2007 at 03:26 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
geomatrx wrote:
Scooter (these are a bit faster)
Are you serious? :huh

If anything, Scooter are the trashiest Eurodance-crap-combo in existence... *shudders*

[Last edited by Briareos at 02-01-2007 08:10 AM]
02-01-2007 at 08:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Anyone know of any good Trance music?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com