Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest ((The Official Contest for November.))
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest (+1)  
The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest

It's getting to be that time again. TCB is coming just around the corner and with a whole new zany cast of characters, Erik is running out of actors, fast. So guess what's happening? No! They aren't going to hire sea monkeys to play the extra parts! They're going to turn the auditions into a contest in the hopes that you'll be happy!

The Grand Audition 2

You've seen the mysterious topics on the Contest boards, right? Well, I bet they won't be too mysterious soon! You know why? Because I'm going to tell you! Those topics give you the lines you'll be voice acting! Surprised? No? Well aren't you all smart and mighty all of a sudden?! No one could ever had seen through Erik's cunning master plan! Well, do you know the rules of the contest? Ha! Caught you there! Only I, the great lord Erik and other people know those! And now I'm not going to tell you them! See what being rude does? I bet you'll never be rude to me again! Nope, no begging, it won't sway me. HOW MUCH MONEY?! Okay, fine! Just had it over and I'll talk! Please? Pretty Please?

Rules

Well, ahem, now that you've shown your, uh, "repentance", I shall explain the rules!

1. Thou shalt Record as many of the lines you wish, but stick to the exact wording Erik has given you! Erik is not a forgiving master, he won't accept mistakes.
2. Thou shalt be able to to edit and process the recording you make, but only to improve the sound quality! You cannot and will not add special effects or alter how your voice sounds! Thou must be humble before the lord Erik and use your own voice!
3. Thou shalt not use any other format other than WAV, OGG, or MP3 files. It is recommended to use settings of 16bit, 44.1 khz, mono, but it isn't required. If you choose to put your offering in a WAV file, put the WAV file into a ZIP or RAR file to make it pleasing to him.
4. Thou are allowed to try out for as many characters as you wish, as many times as you wish! If you are just posting a better version of one of your old voices however, please try to edit your old post instead of posting a new one.
5. Thy entries shall be accepted unti the time of Local Time:11-18-2006 at 07:00 PM but after that, all bets are off.
6. Soon after that the holy polls shall be started. All the offerings shall be sorted into polls for each character, and voted against each other. Then the top three voices of each character will be put in a Master Poll and will fight for the title of: "Best Voice EVER" and the other standard prizes.

Awards and Aftermath

The standard prizes shall be given to the winners of the Master Poll, but that doesn't mean they get picked for the part! Oh no! You see, I'm not supposed to tell you about this, but since you paid me so well I'll be nice. Deep in the shadows, there's a secret organization, and they are watching. Yes, they will secretly judge your efforts to see if they match up to their standards. And believe you me, the 1st Auditioner's standards are VERY high! Did I just say his name out loud?! Oh no! I better hurry before they get me for breaking the contract! Uh, well, if they are very pleased with someone else's work, they're going to come to your home and take you to they're secret hideout. And there they are going to tie you up and torture you until you say the things they want you to say, and you'll be a part of TCB. Oh no! I hear them! They're coming! They're going to-
11-11-2006 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest (+1)  
Ummm, Ezlo? forgive an old lady if she is being completely dense, but haven't we already done this? well some of us anyway?

I read the Words of the great lord Erik (all hail to him and bless his magnificence!) and I made my audio offering, to place humbly before him in obedience and awe, beseeching him that, in his infinite wisdom, he would look graciously upon me.

And verily, I was humble before the lord Erik and used mine own voice and suffered no format to be used saving only WAV, OGG, or MP3 files, hoping that mine offering would be pleasing in his eyes (and ears!) and that on the Last Great Day he will open the Glorious Dungeon in the Nine Heavens to me and I will see with mine own eyes the holy choirs of . . . . . .

Ezlo, do I have to do all of that again? :~(

Elf.

[Last edited by Elfstone at 11-11-2006 02:13 PM : spelling - again!!!!!]
11-11-2006 at 02:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Nope, it's more of a: "We are turning what we already have into a contest, so if you've already made recordings, you are automatically entered."

You don't have to do another thing unless you want to make more entries. That help?
11-11-2006 at 02:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest (0)  
Ezlo wrote:
Nope, it's more of a: "We are turning what we already have into a contest, so if you've already made recordings, you are automatically entered."

You don't have to do another thing unless you want to make more entries. That help?

Very much! Thank you. :)

11-11-2006 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Oh. Fine. And then they told you to announce it since you already hosted the DtD contest and can be trusted to announce contests.

I suppose I might record a couple others just so I can say I participated in the contest knowingly.

11-11-2006 at 02:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lst6
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 211
Emm, Chaco, You knew that the entries were entered automaticaly, because it is said on Grand Audition 2 thread in General.
Here is the quote:
ErikH2000 wrote: ...But there will be a contest running in parallel in which all audition entries will be entered automatically.

Things related to the Bar:
Click here to view the secret text

Working on: NOTHING
Accomplishments i'm proud of:
-Solving the bar riddle
11-11-2006 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Yay! I get a free CD copy of TCB then!
11-11-2006 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Chaco wrote:
Oh. Fine. And then they told you to announce it since you already hosted the DtD contest and can be trusted to announce contests.

I just want to check? Are you mad here? I can't tell. -_-
11-11-2006 at 05:38 PM
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
I think he's just jealous... ;)
11-11-2006 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Here is the link to the offical scripts if anyone needs it http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=12482&page=0
Also, why is the topic not the lighter blue locked at the top kind so all who seek it can find it? :huh

[Last edited by techant at 11-14-2006 01:58 AM]
11-14-2006 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
I don't know. I'll ask a mod.
11-14-2006 at 01:58 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Wait, what? No, no. I was just like "Okay, an announcement. Hey, it's Ezlo again! Oh, drat, it's just an official restatement of something already going on. Wait, then why'd Ezlo post it?"

And then I made the post.

11-14-2006 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Because I wrote that before Erik wrote the Audition rules, I didn't know that he was going to do that. Once he gave the go ahead to post the contest rules, I thought it was too funny to leave out. Sorry if it's confusing. -_-
11-14-2006 at 02:05 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Ezlo can you extend the deadline until either Sunday night or Monday? The Illumination is going out late, and I want to give people a last-minute chance to enter.

-Erik

11-18-2006 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Certainly. Monday night it is.

I have a question? Would anyone mind if I made the poll a "Which is favorite" poll instead of a "Rate all these from 1 to 10" poll? It would be much easier on me. :blush
11-18-2006 at 01:02 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Ezlo wrote:
Certainly. Monday night it is.

I have a question? Would anyone mind if I made the poll a "Which is favorite" poll instead of a "Rate all these from 1 to 10" poll? It would be much easier on me. :blush

Depends on if you want to sort out ties or not.
11-18-2006 at 01:11 AM
Ezlo
I'll gladly sort out ties. I just don't want to be going there for a half hour for each character adding twenty or so "Rate out of 10s"
11-18-2006 at 02:25 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Ezlo wrote:
I'll gladly sort out ties. I just don't want to be going there for a half hour for each character adding twenty or so "Rate out of 10s"

Use that nice postdata tamperer you have, Ephelnan. Make it easy.
11-18-2006 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
ErikH2000 wrote:
Ezlo can you extend the deadline until either Sunday night or Monday? The Illumination is going out late, and I want to give people a last-minute chance to enter.

-Erik

thank you and thanks to Ezlo too for extending the dead line! it was very funny to play around with my simple equipment to record the sounds. (i used the windows voice recorder to create some .wav-files and converted them with cdex. simple thing, but very funny!

my favourite sound (choosen from only my files!) is "Drokkendut" :yes
and i didn't make recordings for the Gossiper (this one should get a female voice i think) and the Pit Thing (i wasn't able to speach the text good enough - i feel a little disabled in english language... *g* and even the other takes are might sound also bad to you: let me thank you again for such good ideas to participate at this boards!

zaubberer
:wizard
11-18-2006 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
THIS IS A WARNING!

The entries shall be closed at Local Time:11-21-2006 at 12:00 AM

All entries posted after that for the sake of getting pulled for auditions shall not be accepted.

I will not be listening to each file to make sure if it is a different voice. I will instead list each one that has a different name. So if you have any double-named entries, change one so they both get accepted.

Thank you and good night.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 11-19-2006 03:40 AM]
11-19-2006 at 03:19 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Ezlo wrote:
The entries shall be closed at Local Time:11-21-2007 at 12:00 AM
So there's a good 367 days to get the entries in, then...! Doesn't seem like a rush to me...! :)

11-19-2006 at 03:24 AM
Ezlo
Gack! I hate those typos, it makes me look like a.... um... can't think of a good adjective to put here. But it's a bad one! I know it!
11-19-2006 at 03:40 AM
Ezlo
Heeeeeey! I just realized, the contest is now over. :blush When I wake up tomorrow the first thing I'll do is make polls. I'm tired and bed is calling.
11-21-2006 at 03:43 AM
Ezlo
OKAY! CLOSED! I MAKE POLL NOW!
11-21-2006 at 01:12 PM
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Whew! Thats a lot of entries! Thank god we don't have to rate them 1-10! I like 'which is your favorite' better. I think I might actually listen to them all (I have a 5 day break from school after today) tell me if I'm crazy or not.:P Thanks for the ZIP files, Kevin!

[Last edited by tokyokid at 11-21-2006 11:27 PM]
11-21-2006 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
The Tie Breaker Poll is at the bottom of the stickied topic list! Hopefully some mod will come along soon and un-sticky my eight polls and put the tie-breaker one up here.
11-28-2006 at 02:06 PM
Ezlo
After much trials and tribulations... and tiebreaker polls, the contest is now over!

In third place we have everyone's favorite UrAvgAzn...... UrAvgAzn!!! Congratulations UrAvgAzn! You win 25 rank points!

In second place we have the elegant, the charming, the lady I was just talking to backstage... Elfstone!!! Elfstone wins 50 rank points a nice invisible plaque to hang on the wall.

And in first place, we have the best voice actor of all, the annoying, the odd, the crazy person who did NOT win because I rigged the vote... BUNCHES!!!! Bunches wins 100 rank points and an item of her choice from the prize pile! (Please let it be TCB, please.)

That's it folks, the show's over. Make sure to mark your calendars for DROD 4.0's release, because I'm sure we'll be doing this again. Thank you, and goodnight.
12-10-2006 at 12:06 AM
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
Not to sound rude or anything, but I don't seem to have my 100 rank points yet.
12-30-2006 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
People don't have their points from three contests ago! like me. ;)

12-30-2006 at 03:01 PM
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
Jason wrote:
People don't have their points from three contests ago! like me. ;)
Ok, I guess that I shouldn't complain then.
01-02-2007 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Grand Audition 2: The Official Contest ((The Official Contest for November.))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com