Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Whiny Hold-Story-Related Rant
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Whiny Hold-Story-Related Rant (+1)  
I'm not pointing the finger at any person in particular.

Alright, I am, but there's a lot of them, and splaying my fingers to point at a bunch of people looks stupid, so I'm only going to let your imagination figure out who I'm talking about, it won't take you particularly long.

Beethro, and 'being friends'. Specifically, with Kings and Architects. I realize it isn't canon. I realize you have the right to twist this stuff.

But...y'know, I mean, the guy shovels mail into his fireplace full of letters from nobility, because he /doesn't want to hang around them/. Never mind the fact he met one Architect and pretty much offended him to all get out. The guy doesn't have the social skills required to deal with court, and the DAA generally looks down on Smitemasters. Remember, the only reason he got the portable orb was because he managed to very, very luckily become relevant to the guy's interests.

I'm not saying stop doing it. You have the right to choose how things roll however you like in non-canon holds, and Pilchard's hold wouldn't quite be the same if he did follow my advice.

But could somebody. Anybody. Just take the route of using the bit of Eighth canon wherein Kings, Architects, and Beethro just don't get along? Or...y'know, at least...like. If they're going to be friends, give me a decent reason?
09-20-2006 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
icon Re: Whiny Hold-Story-Related Rant (0)  
If you like that kind of thing, that Beethro should be a bit more mean, then here's a mega secret that'll make it all better... WARNING : EXTREME SPOILER AHEAD!
Click here to view the secret text

09-21-2006 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Whiny Hold-Story-Related Rant (0)  
Fine. I will immediately make all the characters in my hold be mean and rude to Beethro, and then some kid will download it, see the statements and get sad and cry all day. All because of your suggestion. :)

[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, you're right Banjooie. Just keep in mind that not all new architects have read through all the canon - they haven't been keeping up with current events in the Eighth, let's say :)

09-21-2006 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Whiny Hold-Story-Related Rant
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com