Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Site Suggestion (I don't know if this fits here.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Site Suggestion (+1)  
Well, i'm not sure if it goes there but anyways...

You should include a system where you can see what other users are doing (IE: watching a topic, posting in a forum, PMing someone)...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-06-2006 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Site Suggestion (0)  
I've seen that before on other forums. Not sure how well it would work here. But I wouldn't mind it if it's possible. :)

[Last edited by Ezlo at 09-06-2006 12:10 AM]
09-06-2006 at 12:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
You mean like Forumer's Last Click?

It would be kind of nice, but is it really necessary compared to the other things Schik is doing right now?

09-06-2006 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Chaco wrote:
You mean like Forumer's Last Click?

It would be kind of nice, but is it really necessary compared to the other things Schik is doing right now?

To put it in a nicer way, Yes, this would be a good idea, but this would be near the end of a very long list of things Schik is doing.
09-06-2006 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bunches
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 192
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Well, i'm not sure if it goes there but anyways...

You should include a system where you can see what other users are doing (IE: watching a topic, posting in a forum, PMing someone)...

It would be nice to see how many people are clicking the bar along with you...
09-06-2006 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
...or how many people are really playing DROD *right now* ;)

09-06-2006 at 06:49 PM
Jeff_Ray...
I think it could just register if it watches the baord index, sends a PM, watches a profile, whatches a certain forum, a certain topic, making a post in a certain forum and watching the online list.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-06-2006 at 09:02 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Site Suggestion (+1)  
Fortunately, my imagination shows Schik being way too busy with important stuff to implement this. But if he does, I will object if there's not an "opt out of people spying on me" option.

09-06-2006 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I don't really see the point of this besides odd voyeurisms. About as far as I'd go is a thing on the left side of the screen saying whether a person is online right now or not (like the list at the bottom of the main forum page). Why on earth do you need to know exactly what one of the other users is doing on this site? Definitely far down the priority list, if it is even on it at all.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-06-2006 at 10:47 PM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
Oneiromancer wrote:
Why on earth do you need to know exactly what one of the other users is doing on this site? Definitely far down the priority list, if it is even on it at all.

Game on,

Well, it would be interesting to see which high scores Syntax is checking and preparing to mutilate. ;-)

But I agree this is very low priority and it gives me a slightly uncomfortable feeling besides.

09-07-2006 at 01:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Site Suggestion (+1)  
It sounds like I should just make it so everybody can see what Jeff_Ray is doing, but not anybody else. :devil

09-07-2006 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
I would go with that plan :devil

09-07-2006 at 02:21 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Why ME?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-07-2006 at 02:59 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Likely because you suggested it... :D

09-07-2006 at 03:26 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Oneiromancer wrote:
I don't really see the point of this besides odd voyeurisms.
[/snip]
and exploiting this for the 'predict the next poster' thread.

However, i think we should lay off jeff_ray..., on this one, as i have seen this implemented on several other forums, and i must admit you get kind of comfy with it, even though its fairly useless.
09-07-2006 at 06:08 AM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Site Suggestion (+3)  
What might be good is a banner on the forum homepage with the most recent #1 score. Fun to see who is playing what, and it might encourage some competition.
09-07-2006 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Site Suggestion (I don't know if this fits here.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com