Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : 1000th topic (errr not really related)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Canadian_Army
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon 1000th topic (0)  
this is the 1000th topic in here :w00t

08-30-2006 at 07:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: 1000th topic (0)  
Good! :w00t

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
08-30-2006 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
Canadian_Army wrote:

Now for the big question; how many of them are the same?
08-30-2006 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: 1000th topic (+1)  
NiroZ wrote:
Canadian_Army wrote:

All of them.
08-30-2006 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Banjooie wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Canadian_Army wrote:

All of them.
Except this one.
08-30-2006 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Niccus
Rank Points: 308
Quick! Make a suggestion!

What if all irrelevant posts are deleted?
08-30-2006 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Niccus wrote:
Quick! Make a suggestion!

What if all irrelevant posts are deleted?

I hereby suggest that, er... Snakes can crawl backwards! Think of all the puzzles that will be stuffed up possiblites!

[Last edited by NiroZ at 08-31-2006 04:21 AM]
08-31-2006 at 04:15 AM
Canadian_Army
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: 1000th topic (+1)  
What if we add a ray gun?
Errrr... has this been done before?

08-31-2006 at 04:34 AM
NiroZ
Canadian_Army wrote:
What if we add a ray gun?
Errrr... has this been done before?

Nooooo, Now look what you've done!
we have 1000 posts that request the same feature!
08-31-2006 at 04:51 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
:points at thread in Architecture: I know! Characters that can move and auto-turn the same way running backwards as forwards!

....what? It's a reasonable suggestion, right?

08-31-2006 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2460
If I can hijack this to make an actual feature suggestion: I think it might be cool if there were a snake that, rather than just shrinking when it hits a dead end, were able to move over certain obstacles by "leaping". So the snake could either "creep" (i.e. move straight or turn) or "leap" (move over an obstacle if possible). Even better, certain obstacles could be leapable (say, the red stone-like ones but not the black ones).

The architect could then program each such snake with a series of creeps and leaps (e.g., CLLCCLLC), and it would execute the next move when it hits an obstacle.

I don't think anything like this has been done on the DROD forums before. It ought to be good, yes?
09-01-2006 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1134
Tahnan wrote:
If I can hijack this to make an actual feature suggestion: I think it might be cool if there were a snake that, rather than just shrinking when it hits a dead end, were able to move over certain obstacles by "leaping". So the snake could either "creep" (i.e. move straight or turn) or "leap" (move over an obstacle if possible). Even better, certain obstacles could be leapable (say, the red stone-like ones but not the black ones).

The architect could then program each such snake with a series of creeps and leaps (e.g., CLLCCLLC), and it would execute the next move when it hits an obstacle.

I don't think anything like this has been done on the DROD forums before. It ought to be good, yes?

It has to have a raygun on its tail. No... TWO rayguns.

09-01-2006 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3640
And the Slayer gets a raygun. And guards get a raygun. And Beethro gets a Super Soaker. :)

09-01-2006 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Tahnan wrote:

Fair enough, but you've got to bear in mind that this is just another raygun topic.

Also, what would happen when there is absolutly no where to move?
09-04-2006 at 01:59 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2460
NiroZ wrote:
Fair enough, but...

...but I'm just kidding in any case, since something like this has been done on the forum. In, say, the August contest.
09-05-2006 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Tahnan wrote:

I think the problem is that it'd take forever for it to actually move, and you'd never know where it was actually going, making any sort of strategy involving it moot.
09-10-2006 at 10:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : 1000th topic (errr not really related)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com