Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
IP: Logged
icon Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance (0)  
I am not actually asking for help on how to solve the problem, but on how to enter it so that I can *try* to solve it.

I have explored all rooms I could find, and all staircases leading down to other levels, but I have only been able of beating two rooms on this level for now (1W and 1S 1W).

A lil help please? Thanks!
11-01-2005 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Andy101
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance (+1)  
If I remember correctly in the entrance to headache you are advised that the room can be completed using only one mimic, do so and you will be a ble to go down the staircase in the top left of that room.

[Last edited by Andy101 at 11-01-2005 03:40 PM]
11-01-2005 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance (0)  
*That* was it? I recall about those two rooms, but I wouldn't have thought they hid a secret. Thanks!
11-01-2005 at 03:44 PM
key-smiter
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance (0)  
I know I must kill all 22 roaches, deposit four mimics, and move about 10 squares . . . all in 35 moves. It actually takes me much more than that.

Yes, I know. Be more efficient. I've been stuck here for a week, and this is no longer fun. Can anyone provide a preferred sequence of moves after the first 15 or so?

Thanks -
01-16-2007 at 01:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
igusarov
Rank Points: 116
I suppose that during the first 15 moves you've got Beethro safe in the middle of the mimic potions while haven't drunk any of them yet.

Next moves are simple: smite roaches al long as you can kill a roach every turn.
Click here to view the secret text
Then it becomes tricky. To solve the rest of the room you have to exploit the fact that potions act as walls for the monsters, but not for you. Starting now, you will have to mix roach killing and potion drinking. The first task is to kill those three abovementioned roaches the most efficient way: one turn = one kill.
Then deal with two roaches behind the northern potions. You'll need to rotate sword NE, then N to do that and drink one more potion while killing them.
I'm sure once you do this, you should be able to kill the rest roaches yourself.

[Last edited by igusarov at 01-16-2007 01:10 PM]
01-16-2007 at 01:08 PM
key-smiter
Rank Points: 121
Thanks for the detailed walkthrough. Got it with *zero* moves to spare.

Nothing like a room like this to make me feel lost . . .

(Edit . . . .this is frustrating. I completed 1S, and now my only option is to go back to the Headache level. How do I get into the rest of the rooms on this level? Aaugh!!)

[Last edited by key-smiter at 01-17-2007 12:33 AM]
01-17-2007 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3630
You have to go to it from several hidden rooms hidden throughout the entire landscape.

In other words, one room at a time - find another hidden room to go back down here.

01-17-2007 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com