Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : One-Room Hold Compilation : One room in a hold, or a hold in one room? (Jacob) : Entrance (How to keep an eyeball from...)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
albadger
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon One-Room Hold Compilation : One room in a hold, or a hold in one room? (Jacob) : Entrance (0)  
I'm having some trouble with this room, specifically after coming out the second stairway (counting from the top left). I'm assuming the goal is to open the path to the third stairway, but I can't figure out how to get to the right orb without the nearby eyeball getting invoked and dooming my retreat. Am I missing something big here?

btw I love the room designs here -- all 5 are brilliant!

Have Fun,

Al Badger
04-07-2006 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3640
icon Re: One-Room Hold Compilation : One room in a hold, or a hold in one room? (Jacob) : Entrance (0)  
A basic DROD principle: if it's impossible, stop trying it.

Click here to view the secret text

04-08-2006 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
albadger
icon Re: One-Room Hold Compilation : One room in a hold, or a hold in one room? (Jacob) : Entrance (0)  
Chaco wrote:
A basic DROD principle: if it's impossible, stop trying it.

D'oh! Thanks.
04-09-2006 at 09:40 AM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 416
Same room, different problem.

I've entered the room for the 6th time from entrance 4, but I can't see what I need to do next. The only conclusion I come to is that I should have cleared the room from an earlier entrance, since I've visited all the stairways except the one to exit the level.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Progress - Gavin G
04-20-2006 at 01:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 416
Nevermind, I worked it out myself :)

Progress - Gavin G
04-20-2006 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
martz wrote:

Hmm, I'm wondering what you figured out that I'm still missing. I'm in the same spot; I've fought through everything to start at entrance four, and it seems the least likely starting place of all! No potions to help, lots of blocked doors... Currently I'm working on Chaco's one room, but I'll be coming back to this one.

08-16-2006 at 02:09 AM
albadger
bflatjeff wrote:
martz wrote:

Hmm, I'm wondering what you figured out that I'm still missing. I'm in the same spot; I've fought through everything to start at entrance four, and it seems the least likely starting place of all! No potions to help, lots of blocked doors... Currently I'm working on Chaco's one room, but I'll be coming back to this one.

This baby took me forever-- until I tried to reason it out --

Or more bluntly,

Hope this helps. This hold (actually just this room!) took me the longest time, but was the most satisfying to solve. Have Fun,
Al Badger
08-16-2006 at 10:29 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : One-Room Hold Compilation : One room in a hold, or a hold in one room? (Jacob) : Entrance (How to keep an eyeball from...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com