Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Is it necessary to destroy all the tar in this room? If so, that would seem to be impossible. I did conquer this room by getting rid of the mother tar but I had to leave lots of others around. Is this a mistake? As when I come back the room is the same as before. It must be, i.e. you do have to get rid of all the tar babies too :weep
03-23-2006 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
In general terms, you have to kill all monsters to conquer a room (and to drop green doors). Therefore, you'd have to kill all tar babies and the tar mother. But tar itself is not a monster - you don't have to clear all of it.

You would have had to clear all the tar to drop a black door, but there aren't any here, so that's not an issue.

03-23-2006 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Yeah :weep I figured out I have to "clear" the room of all the little tar babies so it was another hour or so back to clear the room. Man - what a waste of time by simply not looking at the screen. Oh, well ... live and learn ... I must have learned alot by now but this game is really "taxing" me :w00t
03-23-2006 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
wiseoldman wrote:
this game is really "taxing" me :w00t
I thought that was the IRS' job? ;)

np: Phantom Ghost - Perfect Lovers (Phantom Ghost)

03-23-2006 at 10:15 PM
rhaining
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
How can this room be so easy for everyone! I have no idea how to even reach the tar mother, much less kill it and all the tar babies. I've tried the slow-and-steady approach, but get hemmed in. Now I'm trying the go gonzo approach, but that's also not working.

If someone could post a specific strategy, it would be much appreciated. By specific strategy, I mean something like "enter from door X, proceed past tar groups A and B, now wipe out tar group C and go through the diagonal point P" -- something like that.

Thanks in advance,
-Rorke.

12-30-2006 at 10:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East (+2)  
Well without checking my demo for this room, here's a few quick pointers:

Click here to view the secret text

12-30-2006 at 10:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
captainzakku
Rank Points: 77
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East (+3)  
rhaining wrote:
How can this room be so easy for everyone! I have no idea how to even reach the tar mother, much less kill it and all the tar babies. I've tried the slow-and-steady approach, but get hemmed in. Now I'm trying the go gonzo approach, but that's also not working.

If someone could post a specific strategy, it would be much appreciated. By specific strategy, I mean something like "enter from door X, proceed past tar groups A and B, now wipe out tar group C and go through the diagonal point P" -- something like that.

Thanks in advance,
-Rorke.

Here are some general hints, as well as some specific hints for this room.

In general I've found your best bet is to get to the tar mother as quickly as possible. Look for short cuts, and don't worry about going back to get the tar babies until the tar mother is dead. Also leaving more tar means a better chance of being able to get back through again after you do kill the tar mother. Also in some cases it means fewer tar babies being formed as well.

One other final hint. If you can get through certain parts faster than the creator thought you could, it can make the whole room A LOT easier.

More specific to the this room (numbered on room link):

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 2.5:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East

Hopefully that helps.

[Last edited by captainzakku at 01-01-2007 06:00 PM]
12-30-2006 at 02:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twelfth Level : 1 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com