Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Songsmith
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
Hi Guys

I'm really stuck on this level. I can clear the whole room down to the bottom RH corner, but those five goblins get me every time. I cannot see a way to defeat them.

The obvious way (to my mind) would be to open the door at [2] and approach from that direction, but I've not found an orb to open that door. I always end up approaching from [1], which opens both those doors, allowing the goblins free reign! I've even tried standing on the force arrow, but I can't get the goblins to come near enough to get deaded.

Please can anyone help?

Jan

12-03-2004 at 11:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 177
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  
I try to
Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by HopelessAmateur at Local Time:12-03-2004 at 11:51 AM]
12-03-2004 at 11:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Songsmith
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
Thank you. That would have been helpful... except that I still haven't found an orb that opens the LH door (that useful 2-wide bit of corridor!)

Any other suggestions? Please? :(

Thanks

12-13-2004 at 03:27 PM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
Your original approach is correct: you just need to refine your moves a bit.

More spoilerish:

Also,

Does this help?

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:12-13-2004 at 11:24 PM]

12-13-2004 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dylmts
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I have no idea how to even start here! Eyes and goblins all over the shop trying to eat me and winning! GAH! Someone help please!

Tom
12-27-2004 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Well, start by killing the goblins near the entrance before doing anything else.

12-27-2004 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dylmts
Rank Points: 13
I still can't get it! when I start to clear out the goblins post orb-hitting, I can't get them all without triggering the eye which inevitably leads to me being killed!

Tom
01-03-2005 at 01:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Dylmts wrote:
I still can't get it! when I start to clear out the goblins post orb-hitting, I can't get them all without triggering the eye which inevitably leads to me being killed!

Tom
You will have to trigger an eye at some point, so you need to deal with the goblins quickly.

If you hit the orb without triggering any eyes, you should be able to...

Does this help?

01-03-2005 at 03:09 PM
enzi666
Rank Points: 161

File: BD Level 2 The Storage Chambers 2S2E.demo (854 bytes)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Other
Hi!

I'm at the first orb and the goblins and roaches are coming from the west.
I can kill some of them 3 or 4 are remaining. But then they have a formation that I can't do anything. Swinging the sword, moving...I could do that endless.
Is there a trick or something that I don't know? A demo or some tips would be very cool!

edited: I added a demo from myself. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Cu Enzi

[Edited by enzi666 at Local Time:01-08-2005 at 02:56 PM]

[Edited by enzi666 at Local Time:01-08-2005 at 03:31 PM]

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
01-08-2005 at 02:51 PM
agaricus5
Here, you need to learn about one type of goblin manipulation while in a 2 square wide corridor.

Goblins are afraid of your sword, but they may be forced to move right next to it if they have no other square to go to. With a group of them, you can exploit this in a narrow place, where goblins nearest to you cannot flee from you because goblins behind are blocking the way, so they have to move towards you instead.

For this particular scenario...

As I mentioned above, you should be able to clear out all but 2 goblins and one roach using this method.

Does this help you understand the problem?

01-08-2005 at 03:33 PM
enzi666
Rank Points: 161
Thanx! you really helped me a lot. Now I solved the room.
This room was really difficult!

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
01-08-2005 at 05:22 PM
Alexey
Rank Points: 10
I have a difficulty at the lower left savepoint. It seems to me that I have to go there and hit the orb, but then I am attacked from four doors with nowhere to go...
06-25-2005 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
After finally solving level 1, and several difficult puzzles on this level, I feel sort of frustrated at this room. I can start work on the top quite fine, killing the five goblins, but then I can't deal with the goblins at left. I can kill all but two, but then it's nearly impossible for me to make further progress without activating an evil eye or leaving myself exposed to the roach.

In other words, I don't know how to deal with what's left without getting that whole multiple-fronts issue stirred up again. And goblins are evil mean nasty things.

10-21-2005 at 02:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I just did this room and it was tough.

10-21-2005 at 08:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
I was well aware of the fact that

but I'll see if I can do that. I suppose this is the "hard" room like that one really difficult roach chamber room on level 1.

10-21-2005 at 11:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Chaco wrote:
I was well aware of the fact that

Iīm sorry. I knew that there was a 99.9% probability that you knew that, but I said it just in case you didnīt, and it was also a little pointer for how you could solve that part of the room. (There is worse to come...)

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 10-21-2005 01:46 PM]
10-21-2005 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Thanks, I managed to get past that part. And the entire right side as well.

I'm thinking this is the other part that really stumps people. An orb hit earlier opens door 2, and hitting orb 1 triggers a lot of enemies coming in from 3, 4, and 5. There's no way I can kill the hordes of monsters without getting mauled by a goblin, and if I go after the goblin the monsters get me. :weep

10-22-2005 at 07:08 PM
Blondbeard
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  
Is there any kind of enemy that doesnīt attac you?

Good luck!

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 10-22-2005 08:04 PM]
10-22-2005 at 08:03 PM
Chaco
Wow. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks, I'll go try that.

10-23-2005 at 07:18 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 2 (The Storage Chambers) : 2 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com