Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East (0)  
I feel like I've run out of things to try for this one and I must be fundamentally misunderstanding something about the brain pathmap.

My assumptions:
1) The brain must be the last thing to die due to the widget.
2) I can easily use a golem or the giant to block the brain pathmap and force the snake north from the hot tile to it's death. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a way to kill a single rock golem when disarmed if the snake is already dead because golem rock piles and everything else save the brain is brain visible.
3) From this I conclude that I need to kill the golems before releasing the snake and the only choice I really have is where to place the golem rock piles.
4) The snake must be stopped for a turn with its tail on the hot tile in order to die. Since golem rock piles can't be on the pressure plate, the only way for this to happen is for the snake to move north.
5) The snake will not move north of the hot tile while brained, so I must somehow block the brain path-map to unbrain the snake while the snake head is on the hot tile.
6) The only way to block the path map (since golem rock piles are brain visible) is to have the path-map ask for a diagonal move which the snake can't make. The only ways to do this while the serpent head is on the hot tile that I can think of involve having golem rock piles on the pressure plate.

A gentle hint would be appreciated.

07-06-2016 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East (+1)  
All of your written assumptions are correct.

Perhaps you might need to expand your thinking about how to accomplish #5, though.

07-06-2016 at 04:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East (0)  
Actually, #6 is wrong.

Click here to view the secret text

07-06-2016 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

07-06-2016 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Annie's Half-Finished Hold : A Storm In The Desert : 3 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com