Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Timeline (DROD Timeline)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
1stCortez
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
IP: Logged
icon DROD Timeline (0)  
So could anyone tell me (and everyone else by the way) about DROD timeline and how holds (smitemaster selection and offical) should be played chronomaticly?
03-20-2016 at 01:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1126
icon Re: DROD Timeline (+2)  
King Dugan's Dungeon
Complex Complex (semi-canon)
Journey to Rooted Hold
Perfection
Beethro's Teacher
Master Locks/Master Locks Expert
The City Beneath
Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom
Suit Pursuit
Finding the First Truth
The Second Sky

03-20-2016 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: DROD Timeline (+1)  
Perhaps worthy of a mention: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder is for the most part it's own standalone story, but occurs before all of the others chronologically.

Edit: Smitemastery 101 occurs when Beethro is young, and so would be between Gunthro and KDD, but is largely irrelevant to the overall story.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 03-20-2016 03:40 PM]
03-20-2016 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
icon Re: DROD Timeline (+1)  
http://forum.caravelgames.com/site/timeline

03-20-2016 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: DROD Timeline (0)  
Flood Warning happens somewhere around the same time as Complex Complex. I suggest doing Flood warning before Complex Complex, since Complex Complex's ending is a perfect kick-off for Journey to Rooted Hold.

03-20-2016 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
I think Beethro is 52 or 53 (Alex mentioned that this is said somewhere in Beethro's Teacher?), which means GatEB must come before the Cartographers' conference.

03-20-2016 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Rank Points: 431
Nuntar wrote:
I think Beethro is 52 or 53 (Alex mentioned that this is said somewhere in Beethro's Teacher?), which means GatEB must come before the Cartographers' conference.

There is also "How Much Do I Pay a Smitemaster?", which would be related to his age.

[url http://forum.caravelgames.com/site/payment

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 03-21-2016 01:25 AM]
03-21-2016 at 01:25 AM
Thelas
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
That's interesting... it does explicitly say "age band" but I'd parsed it as "years of experience". That seems most likely what was intended?
03-21-2016 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: DROD Timeline (+2)  
"625 greckles/week (about 90 greckles/day)" and the other calculations are only correct if there are seven days in a week.

I suppose it might mean there are seven working days -- but then, if a dungeon needs more than a week to clear out (which, the article says, is true if there are more than three levels), surely the Smitemaster is down there and working the whole time?

The calculation of annual pay also depends on the seven-day week (and seems to be wrong, even under that assumption). The highest pay grade is 1250 GR per week. Using the correct nine-day week, there are 37 weeks in a year, so even if the Smitemaster were working every day he would only be earning 46,250 GR.

In addition, the article earlier stated that three levels require one week, so how can the Smitemaster possibly get a two-to-three-level job once or twice a week?

03-21-2016 at 02:02 PM
uncopy2002
Rank Points: 431
Nuntar wrote:
In addition, the article earlier stated that three levels require one week, so how can the Smitemaster possibly get a two-to-three-level job once or twice a week?

Clone potions. Or time tokens.
03-21-2016 at 03:48 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
[Post Deleted] mrimer wrote:
Okay, that all makes sense. This article needs to be refreshed. Looks like some old text Erik wrote up long before we did some honest-to-goodness world building.
That one I'm pretty sure I didn't write. Maybe Mattcrampy.

A weird thing though is that frequently, when I read something I wrote over 10 years ago, it feels like somebody else wrote it. It's weird. Like having a conversation with another version of yourself.

-Erik

03-22-2016 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Timeline (DROD Timeline)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com