Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 1 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2435
IP: Logged
icon Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Is the Eye Manipulator challenge working properly? I cleared the room with the Eyeball Preserver challenge, hit a beacon, and came back in to do the other one. Did it with five eyeballs on the outer paths and didn't get the challenge, then I realized I could do it with four and wondered if the one at the end of the corridor was included. But that didn't work either.

Is there something weird and non-obvious about the conditions for meeting the challenge, or is a misplaced End command the culprit here?
01-14-2016 at 03:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
On closer inspection, it seems my good intentions with adding the seeding beacon were counteracted by an End placed in the challenge-awarding character by an earlier me who thought it wouldn't cause any problems.

Terribly sorry about this, and I don't think I'm allowed to upload a fix for it? Either way, restoring should allow you to get the challenge since challenges are preserved across restores (at least, as far as I can remember).

Even worse, it seems the other room I tried adding a seeding beacon for dual challenges to also has this problem.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 01-14-2016 04:43 AM]
01-14-2016 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2435
Yeah, I restored to a point where I hadn't finished the room and took care of it.

I had a hunch the End command would be the cause.
01-14-2016 at 04:27 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Xindaris wrote:
Terribly sorry about this, and I don't think I'm allowed to upload a fix for it?

Ask Schik about it; I believe historically we've allowed hold updates as long as they're fixing significant mechanical issues (not just to fix unintended solutions or typoes).

01-14-2016 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Xindaris' First Hold : Temporal Symmetry : 1 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com