Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pitside image transparency isn't fully transparent (Not sure if bug or feature)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged

File: pitside_problem.png (62.5 KB)
Downloaded 128 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Pitside image transparency isn't fully transparent (0)  
I'm currently in the middle of developing a new style mod!

For the pitside images, I wanted to make something transparent, similar to the City pitside images where you have mostly "empty space" with some posts going downwards.

However, it seems that whenever a pitside image is drawn on top of another pitside image, the transparent area in the front pitside image only shows the Pit image, not the complete and total area behind it (which might include another pitside image).

Perhaps an image might help demonstrate the problem. For the back of the two strips of land on the right, I would expect to see part of the "behind" post sticking out on the left, but instead pit image has been drawn over it:

08-31-2015 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Pitside image transparency isn't fully transparent (+3)  
Just to get a semi-official wording on this - I don't think it'll ever be fixed, as there are two hurdles to get over:
1. The complexity of detecting this case when calculating pit-side texture.
2. DROD rendering engine isn't well equipped to handle a situation where there are two different tiles drawn on the same layer, and that would essentially require this being done.

The amount of work just outweighs the edge case.

10-15-2020 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pitside image transparency isn't fully transparent (Not sure if bug or feature)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com