Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
boodog
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
IP: Logged
icon "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?" (0)  
I've completed some challenges, failed most of them, but at least I can see they're possibe. I don't get these two. How can I complete "Who needs an Audience" (don't go north of the lights in Oubliette 6N1E) And how can you fail "There was another way?" SecGates 3W, as the guards won't die from the South, will they?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, I think it's better than "Get Help for a Room", feel free to move if inappropriate.
07-09-2014 at 11:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
icon Re: "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?" (0)  
I got the latter by accident, I thought tackling the guards head on was the intended method. IIRC the challenge was fighting the guards from the east (and maybe north?)

For the former, it seems you can't unwrap the gentryii to release the roaches
Click here to view the secret text

EDIT: didn't read the question properly. Yeah it's possible to fail the latter challenge, but that requires beating other rooms. I think in people's minds, this one looks small and quick even if it would take a bit of trial and error. It doesn't turn you away like daunting puzzles that have a bunch of elements, or the evil eye manipulation room south of this.

[Last edited by vinheim at 07-09-2014 01:38 PM]
07-09-2014 at 12:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?" (+1)  
boodog wrote: And how can you fail "There was another way?" SecGates 3W, as the guards won't die from the South, will they?
They will. There are floor spikes in the room.

This challenge was added because all the beta testers ignored this and solved it from the east anyway ;)

07-09-2014 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
boodog
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
Okay, I just figured it was impossible to stop a guard from getting to (20,22) and then impossible to move him. May take another look some time.

Edit: I have taken another look and I'm still confused. How, approaching from the south, do you stop a guard from getting to (20,22) or move the guard from (20,22) to somewhere fatal?

[Last edited by boodog at 07-09-2014 05:58 PM]
07-09-2014 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?" (+1)  
You make the one guard that can get there turn his sword.
07-10-2014 at 08:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
I am confused. Isn't the achievement for doing this from the east anyway?

07-10-2014 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
The original poster was confused about how you would even clear the room without getting the challenge.
07-12-2014 at 11:50 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : "Who needs an Audience" and "There was another way?"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com