Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (A bit..stuck)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
vanreece
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged

File: Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 3.29.33 PM.png (1.2 MB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Public Domain
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (0)  
I guess maybe it's because I'm new with the serpents, but I just can't figure out how to kill the one in the one in the upper right corner of the room. All of the other ones I can handle, but I can't get that one. Anyone have a hint?

[Last edited by vanreece at 11-15-2013 11:31 PM : Posting a screenshot]
11-15-2013 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (0)  
Check what all the orbs do. They don't necessarily affect just one door.

And remember that if an orb permanently closes a door, perhaps you don't want to hit it too soon.

11-16-2013 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vanreece

File: Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 3.01.41 PM.png (1.2 MB)
Downloaded 63 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (+1)  
Nuntar wrote:
Check what all the orbs do. They don't necessarily affect just one door.

And remember that if an orb permanently closes a door, perhaps you don't want to hit it too soon.

See my attached annotated screenshot.

I definitely mapped out what all of the orbs do, and I still can't seem to kill the serpent in the upper right. I've attached a screenshot with orbs marked with what they do (green lines mean the orb opens doors, red lines mean they close doors, in this case, no orb toggles any doors). The serpent circled in blue is the one I'm referring to.

The only possible way to kill the serpent I've identified is by hitting the orb in the middle of the room (circled in purple) before the serpent crosses the block it closes at the top (also circled in purple). But I can't do it fast enough. I'm always two moves too slow to get it done. Is there some other way of killing the serpent that I should be focusing on?
11-18-2013 at 11:08 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
You can kill it against the door in the middle at the very top (coming from the left), if I remember correctly

11-18-2013 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
True. I had a look at the other hint topics for this room, and they all suggest that method.

The method I was hinting at is: Don't run for that orb, I said you might not want to hit it too soon. Wait until the serpent has gone through the door a second time, heading east, then hit it. The serpent will eventually come back down the passage and hit the door.

11-19-2013 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vanreece
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
True. I had a look at the other hint topics for this room, and they all suggest that method.

The method I was hinting at is: Don't run for that orb, I said you might not want to hit it too soon. Wait until the serpent has gone through the door a second time, heading east, then hit it. The serpent will eventually come back down the passage and hit the door.

Oh, interesting, I hadn't thought of that. But I managed to kill it using a pretty circuitous method that Jacob had hinted at. Thanks everyone! I learned quite a bit analyzing and completing this level. :)
11-19-2013 at 12:18 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 3 North (A bit..stuck)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com