Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : The status quo (Who's who in DROD?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon The status quo (0)  
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't really understand who's who or why. Let me elaborate. The Legendary Smitemasters are all Erik or Caravel members or admins or something right? And just random people can't make the official contest of the month, right? Well, Chaco and CuriousShyRabbit do the People's Choice Awards and they're both just Smitemasters, and I've seen lots of official contests that were done by just Smitemasters. And, also, I thought the admins were Schik and Oneiromancer, but now there's a Legendary Smitemaster named admin! See the confusion?

[Last edited by Rat Man at 03-21-2011 03:29 PM]
03-21-2011 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: The status quo (+1)  
The FAQ provides some of the information you are after although it is a little out of date:

FAQ

Progress - Gavin G
03-21-2011 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rat Man
icon Re: The status quo (0)  
Oh. I read the forum FAQ the day I signed up but... I guess I forgot a good chunk of it.:( I'll take a look at it now.

03-21-2011 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
I'm a Smitemaster because lots of people modded me up. Martz is a Master Delver because lots of people modded him up, but he hasn't posted as much as I did when I was active. You are a Goblin because a few people have modded you up.

Those /normal/ ranks don't mean anything really. The Legendary Smitemasters, on the other hand, are legendary because they have accomplished legendary feats such as producing the game and/or website.

That's it.

03-21-2011 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
There is no special reason why I have done the past three people's choice awards. It's just that nobody else would do it. See for example the sad ending to the 4th annual PCA.
03-21-2011 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: The status quo (+3)  
And why CSR isn't Lengendary remains a mystery to us all
03-26-2011 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: The status quo (+3)  
CSR is legendary. It just doesn't happen to say it after her name.
03-26-2011 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
What did CSR do to be legendary? Don't mean to sound rude.

[Last edited by Rat Man at 03-28-2011 08:52 PM]
03-28-2011 at 08:52 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: The status quo (+6)  
Everything. In addition to running the #APChAs for the last several years, if you go to http://forum.caravelgames.com/highscores.php?action=playeroverview&ps=n&po=a you'll see that she's played more DROD rooms than anyone. Based on her scores, I think there are perhaps a hundred rooms total out of the nearly seventeen thousand scorable rooms for which she doesn't have a score, and in some cases I strongly suspect that's because she played the room in testing and never got around to uploading her scores after the hold went live. Oh, right, did I not mention the testing? Because I believe she's the most active of the Hold Admins, playing through pretty much everything for the last I-don't-know-how-many years to ferret out problems before they see the light of day. To say nothing of the holds she plays in Architecture, and her thorough feedback on them.

Yeah, I'm going with "Legendary".
03-28-2011 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Awesome! But how come she's never posted? And what are the #APChAs anyway?

03-28-2011 at 09:29 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Yeah, she's pretty invaluable. The HA system saw some really inactive times but she pulled us through.

When the forum was created, user ranks were how permissions were given. Legendary Smitemasters were forum administrators. They could do simple things like delete any posts, or big things like add new boards or change the looks of the forum.

Permissions are no longer tied to ranks - ranks are just words under your name. So Legendary Smitemaster doesn't mean much these days. Of the 6, one is a dummy account and 3 are retired or at least very rarely around.

Permissions are now done by Groups - For instance, I'm in the Administrators group and the HAs group, among others. One thing I've wanted to do for ages is have little icons (like the highscore trophy icon for the CaravelNet group) for some groups, so that you could easily tell who is, for instance, a moderator, a site editor, or a support tech.

03-28-2011 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: The status quo (+1)  
Rat Man wrote:
Awesome! But how come she's never posted? And what are the #APChAs anyway?
Say what? Never posted? She has been one of the most active posters, and her posts are (almost) always helpful to the comunity.
03-28-2011 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Unless CSR is an abbreviation for her real name and it's a coincidence that there is actually a forum member named CSR, it says on her profile page that she's never made a post.

Edit: I just checked back and what I was actually looking at was CSC. Sorry. My brain's not been working properly because I just pulled an all-nighter.

[Last edited by Rat Man at 03-28-2011 09:50 PM]
03-28-2011 at 09:49 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
CSR = CuriousShyRabbit.
See above.

03-29-2011 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Rat Man wrote:
Awesome! And what are the #APChAs anyway?
Nth Annual People's Choice Awards.
03-30-2011 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : The status quo (Who's who in DROD?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com