Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 6 East (Just can't seem to........)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Mjolnir29
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 6 East (0)  
kill the superior slayer here. I have played the entire hold all the way thru at least 5 times using different strategies and the BEST I can do when I get to him is about 1500 HP to for his 'expected damage' of around 8000,.... meaning I can't beat him. Has anyone actually beat this guy? Am I missing something? What's the secret? It's driving me absolutely insane! Please help. This hold is supposed to be of Tendry's Tale caliber but I think it's much, much harder because I've beaten Tendry's Tale twice already without that much difficulty. Heeeeeelllpppp!!!! :~(
12-21-2010 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 6 East (0)  
Mjolnir29 wrote:
Has anyone actually beat this guy? Am I missing something? What's the secret?
A few people have beaten him, yes. However, he's, um...
Click here to view the secret text

So, for starters, are you taking a lot of damage from aumtlichs? What about damage from the...

[Last edited by Lamkin at 12-21-2010 02:30 AM]
12-21-2010 at 02:28 AM
Mjolnir29
Lamkin wrote:
Mjolnir29 wrote:
Has anyone actually beat this guy? Am I missing something? What's the secret?
A few people have beaten him, yes. However, he's, um...

So, for starters, are you taking a lot of damage from aumtlichs? What about damage from the...

I don't take any damage at all from the aumtlichs unless I get the skeleton key and power gem (and I don't get them in every scenario) but I do take a lot of damage from the obsidion statues. I get hit twice on the way in and twice on the way out and wind up with ver little HP left when I get out no matter how I play it. Is there a way to avoid getting hit those 4 times when going thru there? And,... are you saying that the supeior slayer does not have to be beat to advance? -_-
12-21-2010 at 01:52 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Mjolnir29 wrote:
I don't take any damage at all from the aumtlichs unless I get the skeleton key and power gem (and I don't get them in every scenario) but I do take a lot of damage from the obsidion statues. I get hit twice on the way in and twice on the way out and wind up with ver little HP left when I get out no matter how I play it. Is there a way to avoid getting hit those 4 times when going thru there?
Going through the trap myself, I can get hit twice and leave the trap. I do not know your technique for moving through the obsidian statue area, but mine involves

Also,

This, of course, assumes you have the Really Big Sword, since it can be used to block the "beams" from hitting you. If you do not have the Really Big Sword, get it before trying to get through the trap.

And,... are you saying that the supeior slayer does not have to be beat to advance? -_-
You can skip him just after you meet him, though unless you use the portable orb (not obtainable by this point; also not the intended solution) to bypass him, he must be killed at some point or another.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-21-2010 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 6 East (+1)  
12th Archivist wrote:
Going through the trap myself, I can get hit twice and leave the trap. I do not know your technique for moving through the obsidian statue area, but mine involves

That's a bug. I'm not sure when it will be fixed (probably eventually given it currently has the yellow arrow assigned to it), but I wouldn't make that part of the hold solving strategy.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-21-2010 07:12 PM]
12-21-2010 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Chaco wrote:
That's a bug. I'm not sure when it will be fixed (probably eventually given it currently has the yellow arrow assigned to it), but I wouldn't make that part of the hold solving strategy.
The grappling hook strategy is the correct, intended strategy and is hopefully not a bug. Plus, exploiting the bug still quarters your health.

So, anyone that is stuck on this part, use the grappling hook strategy.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 02-12-2011 02:03 AM]
12-21-2010 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mjolnir29
12th Archivist wrote:
Mjolnir29 wrote:
I don't take any damage at all from the aumtlichs unless I get the skeleton key and power gem (and I don't get them in every scenario) but I do take a lot of damage from the obsidion statues. I get hit twice on the way in and twice on the way out and wind up with ver little HP left when I get out no matter how I play it. Is there a way to avoid getting hit those 4 times when going thru there?

Also,

This, of course, assumes you have the Really Big Sword, since it can be used to block the "beams" from hitting you. If you do not have the Really Big Sword, get it before trying to get through the trap.

And,... are you saying that the supeior slayer does not have to be beat to advance? -_-
You can skip him just after you meet him, though unless you use the portable orb (not obtainable by this point; also not the intended solution) to bypass him, he must be killed at some point or another.
OK, I have not tried waiting until I get the grappling hook and really big sword before attempting to go through the obsidian statues. I assumed I wouldn't have enough HP and DEF to get EITHER without having the confiscated enhancements first. I will try it that way.

And,.... I did bypass the superior slayer when I first meet him because at that point his estimated damage is roughly 11000 and my HP are onle aroung 5500 or so (depending on which method I use to get to that point). So, I DO go on around him through the rest of the rooms but that just leads me right back to him and I still can't kill him to get thru the red doors. I also cannot get back to any earlier points in Imperial Defense becasue I tripped both trap doors getting in to the first room in that part of the level. What am I missing here? And,... I really appreciate everyone's help. I will keep playing until I get it right. I'm just stubborn that way.
12-21-2010 at 11:24 PM
12th Archivist
You will need to have gone through the hold before the final "ring" in a very optimal manner, exhausting just about all of the ATK and DEF gems available. There is also several thousand HP stashed in the potions throughout the various five levels, all costing one yellow key per potion, so there may be more HP the player can scrounge up.

If you are having trouble with losing health due to aumtlich beams, note it is possible to clear Imperial Defense: Thrice North, Quarce East without taking any beam hits. Although personally untested, I heard

If the hold seems impossible no matter what your strategy by this point, you can try the secreted strategy to deal additional damage to either the Superior Slayer or the final boss, advisably the later.

EDIT: Lamkin told me that

in the room to the west (Thrice North, Thrice East) can probably save you several thousand HP. Given the rewards when you kill the Imprisoned Guards, defeating this pair is almost necessary.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-22-2010 12:22 AM]
12-22-2010 at 12:17 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
12th Archivist wrote:
If you are having trouble with losing health due to aumtlich beams, note it is possible to clear Imperial Defense: Thrice North, Quarce East without taking any beam hits. Although personally untested, I heard

If the hold seems impossible no matter what your strategy by this point, you can try the secreted strategy to deal additional damage to either the Superior Slayer or the final boss, advisably the later.
Yes, it's possible to...

Mjolnir29 wrote:
I have played the entire hold all the way thru at least 5 times using different strategies and the BEST I can do when I get to him is about 1500 HP to for his 'expected damage' of around 8000,.... meaning I can't beat him.
I restored to this point and my expected damage was only 575 HP. So I think you may be missing at least a few ATK and/or DEF power-ups somewhere. Are there some you've left throughout the hold in order to avoid some "short-term" damage, i.e., ones that are now behind red doors?

[Last edited by Lamkin at 12-22-2010 03:31 AM]
12-22-2010 at 02:54 AM
Mjolnir29
Lamkin wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:

Yes, it's possible to...

Mjolnir29 wrote:
I have played the entire hold all the way thru at least 5 times using different strategies and the BEST I can do when I get to him is about 1500 HP to for his 'expected damage' of around 8000,.... meaning I can't beat him.
I restored to this point and my expected damage was only 575 HP. So I think you may be missing at least a few ATK and/or DEF power-ups somewhere. Are there some you've left throughout the hold in order to avoid some "short-term" damage, i.e., ones that are now behind red doors?

UPDATE: I had previously missed the Oremite shield.I did as suggested and waited to get the confiscated enhancements until after I got the grappling hook and really big sword, THEN, I killed the gel mommy, gathered up all the HP, ATK and DEF in and around the aumtichs and went back and got the oremite shield (which I didn't even know existed until last night). All of that allowed me to finall conquer the hold. But,... I never saw the pickaxe, wasn't able to get thru the red door to the south of the superior slayer and wwas never able to get back to the previous levels so I could get the luck greckle and very important person papers so I could see what was beyond the gates where those items were needed to open. There's still a lotin this hold I want to see and do. The pickexe would be a big help. Anyclues on where that might be hidden? Thanks, everyone, for your input and help. This is a very enjoyable, albeit frustrating, hold. :D
12-22-2010 at 02:26 PM
12th Archivist
Mjolnir29 wrote:
There's still a lotin this hold I want to see and do. The pickexe would be a big help. Anyclues on where that might be hidden?
If you would like to reach the secret end of the hold, I can send you a PM that includes the details of the accessory chain.

12-22-2010 at 06:31 PM
Mjolnir29
12th Archivist wrote:
Mjolnir29 wrote:
There's still a lotin this hold I want to see and do. The pickexe would be a big help. Anyclues on where that might be hidden?
If you would like to reach the secret end of the hold, I can send you a PM that includes the details of the accessory chain.
Yes, please! Thank you!
12-22-2010 at 06:54 PM
12th Archivist
Sent. If anyone else wants the list or a more detailed explanation, post here or send me a PM.

I hope this helps, Mjolnir.

12-22-2010 at 09:53 PM
Mjolnir29
12th Archivist wrote:
Sent. If anyone else wants the list or a more detailed explanation, post here or send me a PM.

I hope this helps, Mjolnir.

Very much so. Check your PM. Thank you, 12th. :hooray
12-22-2010 at 09:58 PM
LSK
I would appreciate the list as well.
05-04-2011 at 05:28 PM
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
12th Archivist, I'd love the list as well. I've already had the flippers, grappling hook and the speed potion from Imperial Defense 3N4E, but I've used it on 3N3E instead of on wall-walking. (I can't figure out what to do with wall-walking either, since it can only take me to the hand bomb, which I have no idea where to use in order to get to the lucky greckle, the pickaxe, the VIP card, portable orb...) and in the end beat the Vat Keeper. I'd love an explanation in PM! Thanks!

05-29-2011 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 6 East (Just can't seem to........)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com