Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Rambunctious Romp (Updated 3-Jan-14)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged

File: Rambunctious Romp.drh (65.3 KB)
Downloaded 103 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Rambunctious Romp (+1)  
It's been a few months of me secretly working on this new hold, but more than half of it is finally here! Yay!

Before downloading, you should probably know a few things.

1) There are no DEF gems in the hold. Therefore, your only non-scripted rewards are ATK gems, HP potions, keys, and avoiding tougher monsters.

2) In the second and third (and fourth, though you won't access that in-game) levels, you will find alters. These alters can increase your ATK by twice the multiplier, your DEF by one plus twice the multiplier, or your HP by 200 times the multiplier. Cost starts at 55 greckles and increases by 25 each use.

3) Green keys are quite, quite valuable. Perhaps moreso than in other holds. Remember that.

4) I have tried to make greckles a valuable commodity throughout the entire hold, unlike other level sets where you end the game with an overflow of greckles.

5) For this hold, I aimed for enjoyability over difficulty, unlike Break Out of Jail! It should be noticeably easier, though I hope it is also noticeably more fun as well.

6) You can test three levels in the game. All three have been heavily tested (I'm looking at you, Tim!) using both the ATK strategy and the DEF strategy. There is a fourth level, and although it has been completed, it has not been tested. And so, it can only be reached in the editor.

I think that's all for now. Enjoy the hold. Comment on it. Test. I will open the fourth level up for complete testing after I test it personally. Test.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 01-03-2014 11:04 PM]
10-29-2010 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Rambunctious Romp (+1)  
Good points: Alter, no Aumtlichs, no hot tiles, choises.

Bad points: The wooden shield. It really isn't worth it. The DEF option at the alter. It really isn't worth it, since there are no gems, and the DEF is almost valued the same as the ATK. You also need some ATK in order to beat the golem.

It was a bit tougher than I expected from your description. Maybe you could make the second level a bit less mazy. You can reach quite a lot of stuff when you reach it, but it takes some time.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-02-2010 12:33 PM]
11-02-2010 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
icon Re: Rambunctious Romp (0)  
Blondbeard wrote:
Good points: Alter, no Aumtlichs, no hot tiles, choises.
I forgot to mention that there were no hot tiles or aumtlichs in the hold.

Bad points: The wooden shield. It really isn't worth it. The DEF option at the alter. It really isn't worth it, since there are no gems, and the DEF is almost valued the same as the ATK. You also need some ATK in order to beat the golem.
There's more than enough ATK on the first and second level to beat the golem even if you with nothing but DEF from the machine. Also, even if you go completely with DEF, you can still beat the Tar Mother on the third level. In fact, you can beat her, get her rewards, and complete the level with enough power to move onto the fourth level (tested).
It was a bit tougher than I expected from your description.
As could be expected, I tested the hold many, many times and have intimate knowledge of its challenges, so I may be understating its difficulty.
Maybe you could make the second level a bit less mazy. You can reach quite a lot of stuff when you reach it, but it takes some time.
Mildly circular logic notwithstanding, it takes some memory and good choices to puncture the apparent chaos that is the second level, much like most TCB puzzles.

Thanks for testing and posting your opinions, Blondbeard! I could do with more knowledge of what people like/don't like.

11-02-2010 at 01:36 PM
VonWibble
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I played through it up to the fourth level. Found it quite easy compared to some holds (as in, I could actually get this far without help, and only needed a couple of minor reloads) but enjoyable with it.

I liked
Click here to view the secret text

I finished with
For keys I have
. Green keys didn't seem that valuable as I did use a couple to just get +2A gems.
06-28-2013 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
VonWibble wrote:
I played through it up to the fourth level. Found it quite easy compared to some holds (as in, I could actually get this far without help, and only needed a couple of minor reloads) but enjoyable with it.
Did you enjoy the easiness? That is my primary desire with this hold, that people will like the change of how easy it is compared to other RPG holds.
I liked
That was another intention with this hold. In other holds without altars, I consistently noticed a massive overabundance of greckles by the end. Hopefully, with the altar here, and the use of greckle gates to protect valuable treasures, greckles here are a useful commodity all the way to the end.
I will admit that that is one design flaw with the two shields so far. Do you think removing the wooden shield entirely and replacing it with something else would be a wise move?
I honestly dislike the entire idea of locking the player from previous levels, so I might remove the whole issue entirely.
I finished with
For keys I have
. Green keys didn't seem that valuable as I did use a couple to just get +2A gems.
Thanks very much for the data! It will be invaluable for knowing what an "ordinary runthrough" will look like, without omniscient optimization. As for the green keys, I will probably give more options for spending them. Besides, the way the Alpine Antre's enemies are shaping up, the player will need as much RAW POWAH as possible. Looking at it now, it does seem like a dramatic step-up in difficulty, which I guess makes for a good ending.

Thank you very much for your comments, Herr auf die Wibble. :)

07-13-2013 at 05:37 AM
12th Archivist
New version posted. You can complete all of the fourth level, and up to the Longsword in the fifth level.

07-21-2013 at 03:25 AM
Suwako
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 145
icon Re: Rambunctious Romp (+2)  
In Gleaming Gorge 6S, it's imposible to open the green door before roach spawn any egg and get all, it's that intended?

In the Subterranean Sepulcher 2E there is a yellow key behind a greckle door and a yellow door, that's somewhat stupid, altough golbin opens those doors.

In Turbulent Tempest, the cyclone don't show a special graphic, if that's what you ask in the scroll.

Pretty enjoyable hold, I've stopped in level 4. My stats:

First Level

Second Level

Third Level

07-21-2013 at 01:18 PM
12th Archivist
Suwako wrote:
In Gleaming Gorge 6S, it's imposible to open the green door before roach spawn any egg and get all, it's that intended?
If you are clever, you can make only one roach egg appear, and not on a pressure plate.
In the Subterranean Sepulcher 2E there is a yellow key behind a greckle door and a yellow door, that's somewhat stupid, altough golbin opens those doors.
I agree, nobody in their right mind should go for that yellow key until the kill the goblin.
In Turbulent Tempest, the cyclone don't show a special graphic, if that's what you ask in the scroll.
Exactly. I have no special graphic, and I want a special graphic.
Pretty enjoyable hold, I've stopped in level 4. My stats:

First Level

Second Level

Third Level

Thank you for these statistics! And thank you for trying out the hold. Did you enjoy the easiness compared to other holds?

07-21-2013 at 03:43 PM
Suwako
I enjoyed the hold in his totally, it don't mind if the hold it's easy or hard, I'll have the same fun both ways, altough if it's hard it'll take me more time to pass it.

I would put a medium difficult to the yours, it's not hard, but it isn't very easy.

07-21-2013 at 07:57 PM
Suwako
Fourth level ended. Great Work :)

My stats:

Hp: 3680
Atk: 424
Def: 40
Keys: 20/5/1/1
Acc: Speed Potion

Some comments...

In 2N 2W it's somewhat hard to get the reward, and isn't worth with the damage you can take.

When you reach 330 of atk level it's very easy since you kill skippers and water elementals in 1 hit.

In cut scenes the swordman is holding a really big sword, changing it to short sword can be a good idea since is the only sword player can equip.

In the fifth level 4N 1E the southeast fuse don't give you time to escape, the only way to survive is closing the green door.

That's all for now.

07-21-2013 at 10:11 PM
12th Archivist
Suwako wrote:
In 2N 2W it's somewhat hard to get the reward, and isn't worth with the damage you can take.
In a pure defense strategy from the altar, it is much less costly.
When you reach 330 of atk level it's very easy since you kill skippers and water elementals in 1 hit.
I agree. Two ATK brackets (one-shotting skippers and one-shotting elementals) should not be that close to each other, so I raised the water elementals' HP by 30 points and lowered the DEF by 10 points.
In cut scenes the swordman is holding a really big sword, changing it to short sword can be a good idea since is the only sword player can equip.
I think this has been fixed in every area with a cutscene. Thank you for telling me about this.
In the fifth level 4N 1E the southeast fuse don't give you time to escape, the only way to survive is closing the green door.
I got this fixed with a bit more room in that area.

New version has been posted. A few other changes have also been made, mostly cosmetic.

07-22-2013 at 03:33 PM
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
Some notes:

TT

1N1E - The SW rewards can be reached without opening the black door. Is it just supposed to not be obvious that you can do so?

2N1W - Similarly, the altar door can be opened at will without passing through the sword by paddling the platform up next to it.

This area is much more difficult on a DEF track. The highest I've been able to finish with is 217, nowhere near enough to kill the Bloated Wubba, nor have I managed the doubling egg on DEF, where it seems like it should be easier. Whereas, I found the ATK track and the associated Wubba fairly easy, with room for several additional DEF boosts along the way, and the doubling egg barely manageable. Frankly, even the special treasure in the previous area is easier/cheaper with a well-played ATK track, contrary to your claims in an earlier post.

AA

There's a scroll discussing the new rules for the altar, but I couldn't find it. It's not built yet?

2N - If you step into the beam and hit the orb simultaneously, the beam won't hit you.

[Last edited by Gordius at 07-28-2013 12:12 AM]
07-26-2013 at 11:26 PM
12th Archivist
Gordius wrote:
TT

1N1E - The SW rewards can be reached without opening the black door. Is it just supposed to not be obvious that you can do so?
I noticed this and had it fixed.
2N1W - Similarly, the altar door can be opened at will without passing through the sword by paddling the platform up next to it.
Fixed this as well.
This area is much more difficult on a DEF track. The highest I've been able to finish with is 217, nowhere near enough to kill the Bloated Wubba, nor have I managed the doubling egg on DEF, where it seems like it should be easier. Whereas, I found the ATK track and the associated Wubba fairly easy, with room for several additional DEF boosts along the way, and the doubling egg barely manageable. Frankly, even the special treasure in the previous area is easier/cheaper with a well-played ATK track, contrary to your claims in an earlier post.
I have made the egg more manageable by letting the player kill the brain. But in general, yeah, this is the problem with trying to balance a total DEF run with a total ATK run. Furthermore, I have been favoring ATK way too much in my recent playthroughs.

Worry not, however! I have been expanding BB and I moved the Bronze Shield up to this point, from TT. The shield obtainable in TT has been replaced with the Steel Shield. This should make DEF runs more viable, but I will need to test the hold again with a DEF run.

My thought is to intentionally make the DEF run harder than an ATK run, but not by much. Additionally, I want to redesign AA's enemies so they have lower ATKs, but much higher HPs, making DEF more appealing.
AA

There's a scroll discussing the new rules for the altar, but I couldn't find it. It's not built yet?
The altar will be in the next version.
2N - If you step into the beam and hit the orb simultaneously, the beam won't hit you.
Thanks for noticing this. Fixed now.

07-28-2013 at 09:50 PM
Midootje
Rank Points: 109
Well, I've finally finished the hold as it is now.
605 ATK
80 DEF
283 HP (didn't see the beams coming, so I had a LOT of HP coming into this level and took two more hits than necessary)
33 (!) YK
8 GK
1 SK
2631 GR left to spend at the next altar.

Thoughts:
First off, I really like how the player is almost forced to spend the blue key on the wooden shield. It saves SO much damage before you get to TT that it's easily worth spending one, however it's still a hard decision.

I also very much like how you are 100% required to make quite a few altar boosts on BB. Most people remember from TT that you only had to use a few before you got to the final Level and spent everything in one blow, but in here, it's a challenge to decide just how much you need to effectively pass this Level (Soulless, Tar Babies, Tar Mother) and still have Greckles left for the next Levels.

One thing I kind of loathed: the EGG! Oh my, that is hard. With my ATK pathway it cost me about 4.5K HP, forcing me to take one HP boost from the altar in TT to have enough HP (while having killed both Drowned Souls!). Still, I couldn't afford to leave that much treasure behind, so I figured it was worth boosting HP for.

Lastly, maybe it's a good idea to prepare the player for the Long Sword. I know it seems like giving away spoilers, but let's just say the mood drops significantly when you arrive that the place with 5K+ HP, and have no good way of getting back to spend HP (mirror placed faulty to be able to move in and out again, only out). It cost me about an hour extra.

Still, all in all I would give this hold a solid 9, but that's because I kind of like excruciating challenges like the egg. Difficulty for the optimizer would be 8, for a regular conquerer 7.

One last thing: you said you were going to move the Steel Shield forward, to TT. I would urge you to think about the work it's going to cost to avoid the butterfly effect, because the Steel Shield this early on will make TT and AA a LOT easier for the ATK pathway as well. Every 100 HP saved from a strong enemy will make the egg that much easier (and +40 DEF will make it almost trivial by itself.. it would mean about 1000 less damage.)

[Last edited by Midootje at 08-01-2013 07:59 PM]
08-01-2013 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
Played up to BB, and I rather liked the fact that I could have defeated both the Goblin King and Rattlesnake as soon as I encountered them. So, yes, I think you did a very good job of making this an easier hold but still fun. I have a large surplus of yellow keys (15, I think) but green keys are definitely scarce, and I always have to think about which ones are easiest to get.

A couple of questionable things:

* In GG 5S1E, getting the map requires spending a key or killing a queen. It's never worth giving up stats for a map, so just give it for free.
* In the southeast corner of SS, you can give up 160 GR for 2 ATK. Why? The altar is so much better value, this just looks silly.
* The Rattlesnake music persists when you leave the room!!!

A few proofreading notes:

* Intro text: elegant variation between "shall" and "will". Stick to one or the other.
* Intro text: I'd prefer it to say something like "this is the story of a stalwart who..." rather than "you"
* GG cutscene: offers the choice between "left" and "down". The character isn't looking at himself on a computer screen!
* GG cutscene: "hights" for "heights"
* GG 4S1W: character says "This must be an old mining operation" but we're not told how he knows
* Altar script: "never mind" should be two words
* BB level title: "bouyant" for "buoyant"
* SS room entrance (return from BB): "supulcher" for "sepulcher"

[Last edited by Nuntar at 08-03-2013 11:43 PM]
08-02-2013 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Midootje wrote:
Lastly, maybe it's a good idea to prepare the player for the Long Sword. I know it seems like giving away spoilers, but let's just say the mood drops significantly when you arrive that the place with 5K+ HP, and have no good way of getting back to spend HP (mirror placed faulty to be able to move in and out again, only out). It cost me about an hour extra.
How would I prepare the player for the long sword? Also, you never need to get hit by a beam attack to progress through the level -- you can always get around it with some cleverness.

08-02-2013 at 10:42 PM
Midootje
12th Archivist wrote:
How would I prepare the player for the long sword? Also, you never need to get hit by a beam attack to progress through the level -- you can always get around it with some cleverness.
Yeah, I figured that out myself after playing the Level through once more. I still don't intend to save my blue keys in order to avoid being hit in the Long Sword room, though.
About that, maybe a monologue at the beginning of the Level would be nice, e.g. having your character say 'Oh dear, I remember Aumtliches like temperatures like these..' This will make it clear to everyone who does what this game asks of you - think - that they will need to get rid of their stacked HP before they get to the Long Sword. It might influence a lot of decisions in the Level.

[Last edited by Midootje at 08-02-2013 11:59 PM]
08-02-2013 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Suwako
Played again, now the fourth level is a little harder.

I found a problem in the fifth level:

In 2N 1E , the clone can't attack mud mother without a sword, I supposed you had to be in the middle plate while the clone kill the tar mother, so you can get the blue key and the attack gem.

If that isn't the way, i would like to know how is it.

Good job :)

08-04-2013 at 04:00 PM
Gordius
Suwako wrote:

In 2N 1E , the clone can't attack mud mother without a sword, I supposed you had to be in the middle plate while the clone kill the tar mother, so you can get the blue key and the attack gem.

It's true that the clone can't attack the mud mother without a sword, but it's still possible to kill her and complete this room.
08-04-2013 at 05:50 PM
Suwako
Gordius wrote:
Suwako wrote:

It's true that the clone can't attack the mud mother without a sword, but it's still possible to kill her and complete this room.
I can't figure it , how do you make it?

08-04-2013 at 09:18 PM
Gordius
Suwako wrote:
I can't figure it , how do you make it?

08-04-2013 at 10:56 PM
12th Archivist
I have updated the hold with quite a bit of additional content, most notably a new room in GG, several new rooms in BB, a new room in TT, and more stuff in AA. I have also fixed several things (although I will need to go over all your comments again, because I never know that you edit them).

I have tested the game through using both ATK and DEF strats, and they both are of even-ish difficulty up until you get the Longsword.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-05-2013 10:20 PM]
08-05-2013 at 10:18 PM
Midootje
Let's just say I love what you've done with the place. It's great to see pieces coming together. Also the heads up for the new GG room and AA are likely to help many a player. Single remark: in TT 1N2E, the Rattlesnake has an open black door behind it, but no pressure plate that affects it.
I'll be sure to play it through this week, comments will follow!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, seeing as there are lots of snakes and a room that requires the Grappling Hook, will it be possible to backtrack to TT, unlike in the previous version?

[Last edited by Midootje at 08-06-2013 03:15 AM]
08-06-2013 at 01:16 AM
Gordius
Whew, just finished SS without using the altar. Stats on arriving at BB are:

HP - 421
ATK - 73
DEF - 10
GR - 521
5/0/0/0

That's enough greckles for the first four altar visits, which means waiting gained me 8 stat points (wherever I end up putting them). It's not at all clear that this will be a worthwhile decision, but it should be interesting to see.

I like the access puzzle for the new GG room. I haven't been able to exit yet, obviously, but it's a simple mimic manipulation
08-06-2013 at 03:19 AM
Midootje
Ahw HELL no! I played up to the first part of AA. I'll get to the why of this outcry later on, hehe. TT ending stats:
108 HP
495 ATK
80 DEF
11180 GR (saving 'em all up, only got a few upgrades in BB and TT to kill Goblins/Tar Babies and Skippers/Water Elementals, respectively)
23/16/3/1 keys.

Alright, time for the comments (prepare! I have a lot to say).

The new room in GG is nice. Backtracking, (simple) mimic manipulation and a trap; it's all there. However, the reward seems a little extreme just for killing one mimic on oremites. I did it when I was at BB, which seems way too soon for me to earn 12 attack, 1200 HP and a skeleton key (which I used to bypass the first blue door in TT, for the shield! Very useful) just for a loss of 380 HP (two hits, bronze shield equipped).

Nothing at all to comment on SS, I like the Level, and how everyone has a different approach as to how much attack to get for the Golem. My personal: 79 attack (also saves a hit from the Neather on oremites for the blue key).

BB: The Bronze Shield is really, REALLY easy to get. By the time I got to the mimic guarding the door to the bottom area I had 121 attack, which was enough for me to only get 3 hits. The Soulless was also practically harmless, and with some planning I only took 26 damage from the hot tiles. Of course, it's a good setup, but it'll NEVER be worth killing Tar/Gel Babies to step on less hot tiles. Sorry to be a buzzkill for your nice setup, but I think a strong monster would be a better guardian for the shield.
On a side note: in retrospect, I don't even think the Wooden Shield is worth a blue key, in this version. It'll save you maybe.. 1000 damage? Before you get to the Bronze. And from everywhere in TT you can see that blue keys are worth a LOT more than 1000 HP.
For the rest, the Level is made pretty easy by the massive amount of ATK gems added in the bottom part. Goblins and Tar Babies can very soon be killed in two strikes, and the Tar Mother (the one without the brains) shouldn't even deal damage when you get to it. The HP sink (I never leave 6 ATK behind), however, is a really good way of draining the player of the massive amount of HP they've been able to stack up in this Level.

TT: The room I thought we would need a Grappling Hook for is in fact the simplest platform puzzle I've ever seen. Maybe you didn't intend for it to be that way, but I can get the rewards by moving only two platforms.
I like the Thunderbolt's new attack type. Whereas without an 'always attack in front, even when player hits with sword'-attribute they would be trivial, they are now worth avoiding, through using keys and/or killing other enemies.
It is worth noting that because of the large amount of extra ATK from previous Levels, it is now terribly easy to kill Tar Mothers, Fegundos, Waterskippers and even Water Elementals in one shot. I used the altar in this Level three times to get enough for the Waterskippers, after that it all came by itself.
Having said that, I certainly hope you didn't mean for us to kill the Adder and the Serpent before moving on to AA. Even with my ending stats I would have taken around 7500 damage from the Serpent, and 4000 from the Adder. And that's only when I attack the heads, wasting valuable rewards.
The Egg, however, is significantly simpler now. Killing the brain at first, spending two green keys, allows me to kill both Souls for a combined 1160 damage, which saves me about 2000 damage in total. Still a good sink (almost had to upgrade HP again, because I rather keep keys over HP), but for players who tend to spend keys instead of HP, not that hard anymore. It might deserve a little toughening (maybe 2 or 3 extra pieces of fuse). That might have forced even me to use keys in some places instead of fighting.

AA: here I get to the reason I sound so angry at the beginning of this post. If you can't kill the Ice Warrior, you will have to leave your Speed Potion behind to get the Lucky Greckle! Now we know it's very simple to avoid this, just by placing an inventory slot in the room right of the Lucky Greckle room, but it's absolutely crucial, seeing as it's impossible to get back to SS after completing BB, to drop the Speed Potion before getting the Lucky Greckle.
And one more thing about AA before I stop, because I haven't played past the Lucky Greckle; maybe you're giving out a bit too many free ATK gems in this Level. By only opening doors that are in the direct way of progress, I can collect about 35 ATK. Of course, I haven't tested past this point, so I won't know if it will be compensated by later events.

All in all, I think you're doing a better job every update at achieving what you wanted this hold to be about: enjoyability rather than difficulty. I am enjoying every single second of playing this hold. The story (although not very complicated, still interesting), the puzzles, backtracking here and there, and challenges like the brained Tar Mother on BB and the Egg (and maybe the snakes? If so, I have a LOT of work to do! Yay. And I don't mean 'yay' sarcastically.) on TT, it's all great. So my conclusion is: keep up the good work!

Oh, P.S.: the scroll in AA: 3N might say 'person' instead of 'man'. I'm sure sharp women will find the solution too! ;)

[Last edited by Midootje at 08-07-2013 12:13 AM]
08-07-2013 at 12:04 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624

File: whirlpool_tiles.png (2.1 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's some tiles for that whirlpool boss. They end up looking like this, when set up in-game. Hopefully this sort of thing is what you had in mind.

08-07-2013 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
Rank Points: 158
Some details.

-I think the same that Midootje, the reward behind the trap in GG is too high. There is 1200 life, 6 ATK and skeleton key. The mimic hurt me 540 dmg. which worth considerably.
-In TT 4N 1E. If you pass through units with the platform and then go backwards, the units sink in water. Maybe you don't want that happen.
-I used the speed potion ( I don't know the main reason of it). For Bouyant bridge 4E, I think it's a good use of it.
-Remember the 3N 4E room in turbulent tempest, which double your ATK or DEF of the altars.

You are doing a great job, the hold is fun to play but it isnt quite difficult like you want.

[Last edited by komachi at 08-07-2013 01:24 PM]
08-07-2013 at 12:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Komachi, I'm sure what you're referring to, but the secret room in GG contains 12 ATK (4 gems times 3 multiplier). Also TT 3N4E doesn't double your values for the altar, it just gives you 8 ATK and a score checkpoint.
As to having used the speed potion: I think you might wanna check out AA: 4N2W in the editor. ;)
He's right about the platforms in TT: 4N1E though. Monsters that aren't supposed to live on water can be killed by placing a platform under them and then moving it out from under them again.

[Last edited by Midootje at 08-07-2013 02:33 PM]
08-07-2013 at 02:32 PM
Gordius
Midootje wrote:
He's right about the platforms in TT: 4N1E though. Monsters that aren't supposed to live on water can be killed by placing a platform under them and then moving it out from under them again.

I'd just note that this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The lower right corner of SS has a bridge you'd only ever cross to kill monsters for greckles. Drowning units this way gets them out of your way, but limits your greckle potential.
08-07-2013 at 03:05 PM
komachi
Rank Points: 158
Midootje wrote:
As to having used the speed potion: I think you might wanna check out AA: 4N2W in the editor. ;)
True, I saw it like 10 minutes after I posted it,I don't know I can exit the AA after get the longsword :(.
08-07-2013 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Rambunctious Romp (Updated 3-Jan-14)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com