Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Cludo's dungeon (evil dungeon)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (12 votes)
σ 1.25
Author Name:Slava
Submitted By:mxvladi
Hold Name:Cludo's dungeon
Theme:evil dungeon
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:62
Number of Monsters:260
Version:DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale (1.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:11 (+11 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Cludos dungeon.drh (22.6 KB)
Downloaded 811 times.
License: Other
icon Cludo's dungeon  
This is my second DROD RPG hold. This is probably far better than first one, and harder. Thanks to Blondbeard for testing this hold and finding unintended solutions of getting equipment/bonuses/etc. Also thanks to Someone Else for helping me with doing inventory script.
08-07-2009 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Cludo's dungeon (+2)  
Here's a new DROD: RPG hold promoted from the Architecture forum. In my opinion, it's of fairly good quality and contains a lot of interesting, original material.

The hold itself has a fairly basic plot, four levels of RPG optimization fun, and an inventory. The inventory only carries accessories (of which there are many slots), but it doesn't really become important until the third and fourth levels.

The first level is kind of tricky since the player doesn't have much power and has to take on some tricky monsters, but it's a solvable puzzle that has some amount of leeway. The hold gets a bit easier after that and lets the player choose whether to pursue an ATK-based, DEF-based or mixed strategy of stat improvement.

Overall, this is a tricky but fun hold that's well worth the time taken to play it. Most of the sticking points where you're likely to actually run out of hit points are in the first level and the fourth level. There's plenty of challenge in completing this hold the first time and plenty of room for optimization the next times around. Have at it! :)

08-08-2009 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Cludo's dungeon (+1)  
Not a bad hold. The first level or two are rather tricky, especially as Mxvladi likes to hide things under monsters.
4 brains/7 fun.
08-17-2009 at 06:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 145
icon Re: Cludo's dungeon (+2)  
At least! I conquered this hold, it was very fun and hard, I had to optimize every level, the hardest part i would say it's that you have to know how to get attack/defense to beat this. I give 7 brains and 9 fun.

12-21-2012 at 11:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Cludo's dungeon (evil dungeon) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com