Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Swap Token
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Swap Token (0)  
When you step on a Swap Token, element X becomes element Y.
You can set X and Y in the editor.

You can right click on a Swap Token in-game to see a message box like this one:

This token would solve all the "Adder becomes Serpent, Rattlesnake becomes Adder, Roach become Roach Queen" problems and make architects able to create much more difficult and complex puzzles.

05-06-2009 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Swap Token (0)  
I personally think this FR makes things too complex. In the wrong hands, it would easily result in tedious trial-and-error puzzles.

And I think there should be restrictions. What about a giant turning into an adder? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And how is this explained story-wise? Does Beethro have some sort of genetic manipulation device?
05-06-2009 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Swap Token (0)  
slimm tom wrote:
And how is this explained story-wise? Does Beethro have some sort of genetic manipulation device?
I hope it looks like this.
Click here to view the secret text

*runs*
05-06-2009 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Swap Token (+1)  
Personally, I'm more interested in things like water <-> bridge, dirt tile <-> trapdoor or rock tile <-> pit, or something like that, so that puzzles of that sort could be implemented without using builders or extremely complicated scripting (and besides, builders don't build things instantaneously, like can be done in DROD: RPG).

Anyhow, I think any token should only swap two elements, for simplicity's sake. More complicated effects can be achieved by lining up multiple tokens and running the player through all of them in the desired order.

05-07-2009 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Swap Token
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com