Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : On Making Styles For DROD:RPG (Renamed, because search functions are tasty)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Re: On Making Styles For DROD:RPG (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
You can't put, say, gargoyles on end-tile corners, or else breakable ones will make them vanish and reappear constantly.

Stuff like gargoyles or corner adornments seems like a niche that obstacles and/or image wall would fill far better than ordinary wall.

11-01-2008 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Re: On Making Styles For DROD:RPG (0)  
I'm saying gargoyles for ease of use, when I want to say things like 'two pixel-wide differences to denote end tiles'.

Look at my tiles on the earlier page for an example: The green columns on the endtiles-

I certainly wouldn't recommend making the system even more complex. Currently, when making a style I only have to wory about the normal walls connecting to eachother correctly (which can already be pretty tricky). Then to make the broken and secret walls I simply blend some cracks into the wall images.

That's...okay. The problem is, I can do that. The problem is not that the walls don't connect to each other. THat is painfully simple to do. The problem is that each wallpiece must be interchangable, ON THE SAME SQUARE, with /each and every other possible wallpiece, without looking strange. This severely limits style possibilities.

If we implemented my theoretical STOP DOING THIS plan, the way you do things would continue to function Just As Keikaku (keikaku means planned).

I'm not saying making them wide and varied changes. I'm asking for small changes to denote the end of a wall. Little touches, that make things look better. This is especially important now that the pixel size has doubled.

My god I am holding back so much rage right now

[Last edited by Banjooie at 11-02-2008 06:10 AM]
11-02-2008 at 06:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : On Making Styles For DROD:RPG (Renamed, because search functions are tasty)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com