Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Gaze recievers walls (A totally new improvement to Aumtliches)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Gaze recievers walls (+1)  
Gaze recievers can only be placed on walls. They have 3 types, as the pressure plates.

The first type is one-use.
The second type is multiple-use.
The third type is gaze on-gaze off.

Gaze recievers can toggle, open and close doors.

To activate gaze recievers, an Aumtlich's gaze must be in their direction, without being blocked by monsters, obstacles and all the other things that block the gaze normally.

Another choice to customize the gaze recievers, is placing a mirror directly behind them. If the gaze is in the direction of the gaze reciever and the mirror, the Aumtlich will activate the gaze reciever and become stunned.

Lynchpin examples:
* Using a snake to block an Aumtlich's gaze from closing a door.
* Killing tar babies being spawned by tar with a mimic before they disrupt the connection between the gaze and the reciever.
* Make an Aumtlich costantly rotate CW and CCW to stop it from closing a door.
* Using a mimic to manipulate a Stalwart and stop him from killing a Aumtlich since it gotta open a door with his gaze while having the Stalwart harassed by roaches and having a restriction for him to be always alive.

These are only 4 lynchpins, but with this new element, there are infinite combinations!

06-14-2008 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Gaze recievers walls (0)  
I like this idea because although it resembles lasers and laser receivers from other games, the laser receiver is already a unique part of DROD (the aumtlich)

I think that Evil Eye gazes should also trigger these receivers, so that puzzle potential involving opening/closing doors and putting mirrors into place (so the Evil Eye can look behind itself) can be added.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-14-2008 11:24 PM]
06-14-2008 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
Chaco wrote:
I like this idea because although it resembles lasers and laser receivers from other games, the laser receiver is already a unique part of DROD (the aumtlich)

I think that Evil Eye gazes should also trigger these receivers, so that puzzle potential involving opening/closing doors and putting mirrors into place (so the Evil Eye can look behind itself) can be added.

I don't know about evil eyes, because they don't really have a gaze. Evil eyes' gaze is only rendered in-game to show you where are they looking, not because it's real in the Eighth.

06-14-2008 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Rank Points: 371
Good idea for Aumtliches, yes, but not for Evil Eyes.

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

06-28-2008 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Gaze recievers walls (A totally new improvement to Aumtliches)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com