Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 25 Twice South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Terrafire
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon Level 25 Twice South (0)  
I can\'t get near the queens since whenever I get near a door....... help!

03-26-2003 at 02:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
levelthirteen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: Level 25 Twice South (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

then

04-17-2003 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
loopy
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Level 25 Twice South (0)  
I can't get the doors open. They only opened once and he shut them before I could get through. No matter where I moved to then he wouldn't open them.
08-21-2003 at 09:39 AM
loopy
Ok, I've managed to do this (it's actually quite easy). But when I did the next room, he ended up leaving, I went north and found myself at the start with no neather. I followed the rooms round and now I'm stuck on 2W as the neather isn't there. With no way out does this mean I have to redo the whole level?
08-21-2003 at 03:50 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Looks like the 'Neather got away!

No...you don't have to do the whole level over, but you do have to restore back to 1S and not let him get away this time...

[Edited by mrimer on 08-21-2003 at 04:32 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-21-2003 at 04:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
loopy
Thank god for that! now us just have to work this out!
08-21-2003 at 04:47 PM
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
Try this thread URL:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=420

Hope it helps!

-Noah

My stuff:

08-22-2003 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I never knew it was possible to dump the 'Neather. Certainly would make the level much harder...

09-17-2003 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
guidedfox
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I still need more help here.
My strategy is to sit right behind the lower entrance door until the nether opens it, and then make my way to the safe spot between the lower right chamber, and the one diagonally to the Northwest of it. As soon as it is possible, I make a run for the lower right chamber. I can only get to within 2 squares of the exit, and then I am stalled by roaches long enough for the nether to close it with time to spare for him.
What am I doing wrong?
I also ran all over the place in a futile attempt to lure him away the proper switch, but I was ineffective at getting him any further than about 12 spaces away.
I even tried to time it such that he was running to the left, but he immediately turned around.
04-10-2004 at 03:36 AM
knwpsk
Rank Points: 13
I understand levelthirteen's hints, but I can't get them to work. I get all the way to the lower-right-hand door, and Neather closes it about 2 steps before I get through it. Too many bugs slowing me down before I get there. Any more help?
09-02-2004 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
knwpsk

File: L25_1N2W.PNG (104.6 KB)
Downloaded 457 times.
License: Other
Meant to attach a screenshot.

I get to here (see attachment) and he closes the door one step before I step on it. I'm being efficient! What am I missing?
09-03-2004 at 01:26 PM
DiMono
Sometimes you have to be inefficient so that the 'Neather will be out of position.

09-03-2004 at 01:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
knwpsk
DiMono wrote:
Sometimes you have to be inefficient so that the 'Neather will be out of position.

WHEW! I did it. Man I hated that room...

OK, I conquered the whole thing. Do I get to put my name up in lights or something? I think I read about "Bethro's last words" somewhere on this site...?

09-03-2004 at 03:49 PM
DiMono
Send an email to webmaster@caravelgames.net and tell us about what the kids really wanted to hear about (and Dugan's Dungeon is not the answer). It's in the endgame. Then you'll find yourself in the Hall of Legendary Smitemasters

09-03-2004 at 05:12 PM
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
DiMono wrote:
Send an email to webmaster@caravelgames.net and tell us about what the kids really wanted to hear about (and Dugan's Dungeon is not the answer). It's in the endgame. Then you'll find yourself in the Hall of Legendary Smitemasters

there isn't anything availible on this link. and i remember that i read some months ago that no more entries are possible in the hall of legendary smitemasters. but i'm not really sure that i understood this correct... :blush

zaubberer
:wizard
01-20-2006 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
zaubberer, DiMono's post is about a year and a half old. The only reason this thread was near the top is because someone posted in it and then deleted their post, but it still brings the thread to the top. So yes, since DiMono posted that, names are no longer accepted to the Hall.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-20-2006 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
there they are again, the small things i sometimes not able to see!
thank you for sharpening my look!

but i think there is another rule that i should use even more: use brain before posting... :blush

zaubberer
:wizard

[Last edited by zaubberer at 01-21-2006 09:36 AM]
01-21-2006 at 09:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JoolsC
Have been trying this level for ages and read all the post but still can't get it right. Can anyone help?
01-24-2006 at 11:38 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Due to the erratic behavior of the 'Neather, this is the sort of room where you just have to keep trying different things until one of them works.

01-25-2006 at 01:02 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
JoolsC, if you're playing KDD 2.0 I can supply you with a demo if you PM me with an e-mail address. If you're playing the original version (either Architect's Edition or earlier, or that version imported into a later one) then I can't help you, but someone else might be able to.

This room just annoys me as well and whenever I solve it I'm still not sure exactly what I did. And I leave through the same place as the people who solve it really fast but it requires some really efficient movement to get through it right away.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-25-2006 at 01:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mizerydearia
Rank Points: 10
Level 25 - Twice South

blah
I've spent literally 24 hours worth of trying to figure this room out (with reading the related threads on this forum (which aren't so helpful).

I think once I managed to open at least one of the doors (I'm not sure, maybe both) of the upside U at the bottom-right of the map, ever since, however, I was never able to figure out how to open it again. However, also reading one post (I forgot where) coordinates mention that orbs are two spaces away, whilst the doors are four spaces away (but many more to actually get there), however, that doesn't seem too helpful at all since even if I were to get both those doors open, which I can't figure out even one of them at all, I wouldn't have enough time to get through (unless of course, I managed to get the 'Neather on the opposite side of orb line which gives me enough time (maybe) to get through, but there is where I'm stuck (as well as finding any other method to get through the other passages) to finally reach the queens, and from there I look forward to many more hours or days figuring out how to finally solve this room.

Any pointers/suggestions beyond what has already been mentioned?

And of course, an hour or so after I post, I come across a solution.

orb/door spoiler

[Last edited by mizerydearia at 02-02-2006 04:22 AM]
02-02-2006 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 25 Twice South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com