Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (Last room on level)
Page 3 of 3
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (+1)  
I mean, you've done it before, right?
mako's signature wrote:
Hold progress
DROD TCB: {Done}

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 06-30-2012 09:40 PM]
06-30-2012 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mako
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 3
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (0)  
Someone that wasnt me Got on the Game and finished it Then I deleted the file And Started over. That person is also known as my dad.

07-01-2012 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mako
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (-2)  
You are happy to help anyone else but me. I now Hate Drod. Thanks a lot and good-by!

07-01-2012 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
mako wrote:
Someone that wasnt me Got on the Game and finished it Then I deleted the file And Started over. That person is also known as my dad.
Hey, congrats to your dad for finishing the game!

...but, then I guess it begs the question: why would you claim that *you* had finished the game?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-01-2012 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mako
I did SOME rooms.

07-03-2012 at 03:32 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
You know, maybe you should ask your dad to beat this room for you, since he did it once before. That seems more productive than asking people to post a series of moves, which won't really happen.
07-03-2012 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (+2)  
mako, I can see you have difficulties with this room. The people at this friendly forum really do want to help you, but they are running into two problems:

1) There are already plenty of hints here, all of them recommending more or less the same tactics. Adding more hints would be redundant and would not provide any special flashes of insight.

2) You are actively rejecting previous hints and even solutions as "sucking". Maybe you should look over them and try to apply their strategies to your own solution, instead of disregarding them. The hints are useful, and the victory demo is not a bad resource either.

Not much for me to say about the hints for this room that have not already been said. My best advice is to take on an aggressive mindset, charging ahead (with caution) to keep away from the roach hordes behind you. Once you reach a corner, you can swing your sword twice per turn and clear out enough of the roaches to move to the next trapdoor. Keep up that pattern and the room will be done in no time.

I hope this advice is useful and will help you conquer the room. I certainly had trouble on it my first time through, so I know how tough and tedious it can be. Good luck! :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-03-2012 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
I just had a weird time-warp whilst doing this room: I knew it was gonna take awhile, so sat down well after midnight to do it whilst everyone was asleep .... after the brain died on my sword I noticed it was 5:30am!

Click here to view the secret text

If you've read this far in the thread you're presumably horribly stuck, and I echo earlier comments that a demo isn't very useful, because the nature of the solution is to develop a feel for when to fight, and when to use flight.

As usual, Pearls's play-through was an inspiration, and you can absorb the general move flow. He takes about 15 minutes and 2000 moves YouTube Lets Play DROD TCB 63.

I think this was a great room, and it really needed to be this complex to make its point: (xeipon, I'm surprised you didn't do the math) 39 roaches are produced every spawn cycle, and it's amazing that Beethro, even on speed, is able to control the hoard and get work done. Fewer roaches (such as in the end game) is uninteresting.

So, the question I have now is: Who authored the room?

03-09-2014 at 01:54 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
According to the official list, this room was made by mrimer.

03-09-2014 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
Oh, thanks so much Chaco I didn't know
about that master list - I can't find a similar one for JtRH
(searching jtrh puzzle author in general).

I try not too peek ahead too much, but I can't help noticing
Abyssian Fortress - all by Neil

crap .... will I see that Second Sky before April?

That's like seeing that next week's crossword is Araucaria.
(He named hiself after the Monkey Puzzle tree)

p.s. Please think again, Caravel, about making room authorship more visible.

03-09-2014 at 06:33 PM
cinera
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
Just finish this room.Who ever conceive it I hope you dont do another one. It took me 3 full days
Compliments. But dont do it again
Tks
02-22-2015 at 03:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Pirate Hideout : 4 North, 1 West (Last room on level)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com