Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Pre-Release Poll (A multiple question poll)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Are you going to buy Drod:TCB ?
Yes, I am already sharpening my sword
Maybe... depends on how impressive the demo will be
No, that would be the last thing I'm going to do!
Why are you going to buy Drod:TCB ?
Because of the new game elements
Because of new graphics/sounds
Because of the new hold
Because there won't be many AE/JtrH userholds after TCB is released
To support Caravel
Do you think the jump between JtrH and TCB will be greater than the one from AE to JtrH?
Yes, it will be a greater jump.
No, it will be a smaller jump.
The jumps will be of the same size
When do you think it will be released?
Before 1st April
On 1st April
During April
During May
Later
How much money would you pay for TCB?
Nothing!
Up to 5$
5$-10$
10$-15$
15$-20$
20$-30$
30$-40$
40$-50$
50$-75$
75$-100$
100$+
Will you stop playing AE/JtrH when you have TCB?
Yes, why not?
I will still play AE/JtrH sometimes
No way! I'll only play TCB holds with TCB
Pressing Vote will vote for all of the questions. Make sure you have voted in each one!
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged
icon TCB Pre-Release Poll (+1)  
I'm curious....
03-24-2007 at 01:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: TCB Pre-Release Poll (0)  
Where's the "I got TCB from the Prize Pile" option? ;)

03-24-2007 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
Needs a "Probably, but I don't actually know when" and a "I know it's been fixed, but the 0 KB download bug prevented me from really seeing DROD:AE" option.
03-24-2007 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
The "I will buy it as soon as I'll have enough money" which might be never, like with JTRH - I'm still a crazy Demo player xD. I once had saved enough money to buy it, but there was no way to do this... Or rather I had no idea how to. I t was too impossible :).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:53 PM : Going to the keep]
03-24-2007 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
I wasn't around for the AE->JtRH jump so I had to just guess on that one. :p

And I would have said "before April 1st" normally, but if Erik is leaving the country then I'm guessing all bets are off, especially given the suggested illumination title..

03-24-2007 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I'm a little mystified at the 4 people willing to pay $100. It's a good game. I don't think...I mean. A hundred dollars.
03-24-2007 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Banjooie wrote:
I'm a little mystified at the 4 people willing to pay $100. It's a good game. I don't think...I mean. A hundred dollars.
I think it might have something to do with the last option in the second question...

Somehow.
03-24-2007 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Well, some people have more money available than others. I didn't select that option, but I could and probably would shell out $100 if that were the price. And if it were impossible to get it by winning or eight-timing contests. Of course, I'd be grumbling, and lamenting Caravel's sudden turn toward unwise business decisions.

I selected one of the middle options, representing how much I'd spend without hesitation.

03-24-2007 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Perndog
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: TCB Pre-Release Poll (+1)  
I'm one of those four. I've already got easily a hundred dollars' worth of enjoyment out of both AE and Journey to Rooted Hold. I expect the next version to be just as worthwhile. Of course, it wouldn't be reasonable to *charge* $100 for any game that didn't come with some extra special goodies. But I think these guys deserve to be well-compensated for their hard work, especially because DROD's niche status keeps them out of regular distribution channels and limits their audience.
03-25-2007 at 12:13 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: TCB Pre-Release Poll (+2)  
TCB will be released on April the 1st. Regardless of whether or not we can actually get it that day, there will be an announcement to the effect that we can now get it.
03-25-2007 at 03:40 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
coppro wrote:
TCB will be released on April the 1st. Regardless of whether or not we can actually get it that day, there will be an announcement to the effect that we can now get it.

I've been wondering if there was more modding down than usual lately. Now I'm sure of it. Why would ANYONE mod this down?

Coppro is just pointing out an april fool's day release announcement is pretty much inevitable. I wonder if there's an organized anti-humor lobby?

EDIT: modding Coppro's post to +1

[Last edited by Beef Row at 03-25-2007 07:05 AM]
03-25-2007 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Beef Row wrote:
Coppro is just pointing out an april fool's day release announcement is pretty much inevitable. I wonder if there's an organized anti-humor lobby?
I truly believe that the TCB release will somehow be involved with April fools, but I would dare guess what that involvement would be.
03-25-2007 at 09:07 AM
halyavin
Rank Points: 52
Beef Row wrote:
I wonder if there's an organized anti-humor lobby?
If there is, I want to sign up in it. I think that it would be better if there aren't special days like New Year, April's Fool and etc.
03-25-2007 at 09:23 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Beef Row wrote:
I've been wondering if there was more modding down than usual lately. Now I'm sure of it. Why would ANYONE mod this down?
May I suggest adding a Slashdot-like meta-moderation feature to the forum? :D

(That is - you get a chance to moderate the moddings...)

np: Alias & Tarsier - Nocturnal Eye (Plane That Draws A White Line)

03-25-2007 at 10:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Infinite depth please.

03-25-2007 at 10:58 AM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
coppro wrote:

I've had a feeling, from various things I've read, that it wouldn't be ready for a week today. Now that Erik is going to be away until some (unspecified) time in April, I'll be very surprised if it is out next Sunday. :P ;)

03-25-2007 at 11:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I'm pretty sure they won't release TCB because of the logical deduction:

Even though not everyone admits, but almost everyone hope for TCB to be released on April, which almost makes it like official dead-line. The next Illumination is going to be "Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths" right? So, the Terrible lies is that everyone believes TCB to be released then, but it is lie - everyone lies to him/herself :D. And the unexpected truth will be that they will for example, say that... DROD will only be available to people with name beginning with "X" or so :D.

Or maybe is it that I only think that - Who know, maybe they can control mind by making someone play DROD, and now I'm under control only to say this, so people will believe me, and in the end everything will be totally reversed... Or so :D.

Though I really wnat it to be released ASAP.

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:54 PM : Going to the keep]
03-25-2007 at 12:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Rank Points: 184
Is that last question supposed to be "will you still play JtRH/AE..."? The answers seem to fit that better.

03-25-2007 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Perndog
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
It looks correct. As in "Yes, why wouldn't I stop playing the older versions when I can play all of the old holds with the fancy new engine?" versus "No, I will not stop playing the older versions because I want to see all of the holds as they originally looked and felt."
03-25-2007 at 05:48 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Briareos wrote:
May I suggest adding a Slashdot-like meta-moderation feature to the forum? :D

(That is - you get a chance to moderate the moddings...)
Even assuming this is a joke, I have to say:
NNOOOoooooo!
Please, just disable the mod system entirely before it ever comes to something like that.

I also had to read that last question a few times to figure out what it was really saying. Like Perndog said, I understood it as 'Will you stop using the AE and JtRH (or KDD20) executables once you have the TCB executable?' Substitute 'game engine' for 'executable' if you like. For me this was a yes, considering that I haven't done anything in AE in a long time. Though I still play AE version holds in JtRH once in a while.

[Last edited by schep at 03-25-2007 11:39 PM]
03-25-2007 at 11:38 PM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Yes. We want the ability to moderate the mods. And the mod-mods. And the mod-mod-mods. And the alternate graphic sets O:- :fun .

03-26-2007 at 05:36 AM
hyphz
Elfstone wrote:
coppro wrote:

I've had a feeling, from various things I've read, that it wouldn't be ready for a week today. Now that Erik is going to be away until some (unspecified) time in April, I'll be very surprised if it is out next Sunday. :P ;)

Well, Erik did also say there'd be an Illumination on April 1st. This could mean that:

a) Erik is back on April 1st; or
b) Erik wrote the Illumination in advance; or
c) the claim that there will be an Illumination with that title on April 1st, is an April Fool.

The implication of the Illumination title is that something has gone terribly wrong with the TCB release process, though. Certainly, seeing that post stopped me checking the bar every day and moved it to an "well, it'll happen when it happens" category. Of course, it's possible Erik intended that, to lower the traffic on the site. :)

I think BeefOnTheBone's hat is safe, though.

03-26-2007 at 06:51 PM
Remlin
Rank Points: 181
hyphz wrote:
The implication of the Illumination title is that something has gone terribly wrong with the TCB release process, though. Certainly, seeing that post stopped me checking the bar every day and moved it to an "well, it'll happen when it happens" category.
Hopeless optimist that I am, my reading is that the Illumination will have a big list of new features for TCB. Most of those are going to be terrible lies, but a few - perhaps those you would least expect - turn out to be true.
03-26-2007 at 07:06 PM
NiroZ
hyphz wrote:
c) the claim that there will be an Illumination with that title on April 1st, is an April Fool.
The 'fool' starts on April fools and ends on April fools, so I seriously doubt it.
03-26-2007 at 11:46 PM
hyphz
NiroZ wrote:
hyphz wrote:
The 'fool' starts on April fools and ends on April fools, so I seriously doubt it.

Oh? When I was young we always played you could tell people about stuff that'd happen on April 1st, on the grounds that they wouldn't start really anticipating it until they got up on April 1, thus being legally within "fool time" ;)
03-27-2007 at 03:48 AM
halyavin
Rank Points: 52
I just read the April fools jokes of last year. I hope TCB team haven't taken them seriously as continuation of the joke. Checkpoints as monsters in TCB are really fearful...
03-31-2007 at 06:38 AM
NiroZ
halyavin wrote:
Checkpoints as monsters in TCB are really fearful...

They said WHAT!
:lmao

That is seriously more awesome than rayguns I swear.
03-31-2007 at 06:59 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
halyavin wrote:
I just read the April fools jokes of last year. I hope TCB team haven't taken them seriously as continuation of the joke. Checkpoints as monsters in TCB are really fearful...
Cue the "In Soviet Russia, checkpoints step on YOU!" jokes... :D

np: Styrofoam - Dead Air (The Point_Misser)

03-31-2007 at 10:07 AM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
I'm ready to be fooled. I'm ready for anything.

Click here to view the secret text

03-31-2007 at 10:15 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Just so that we can get the time differences sorted out, does anyone know approximately how many hours from now would be a reasonable illumination-posting time on April 1st?
03-31-2007 at 10:22 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Pre-Release Poll (A multiple question poll)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com