Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Golem description error? (I just noticed this.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Golem description error? (+1)  
"Rock golems move in a very simple fashion. In order for them to move, you will have to be either in their horizontal or vertical line of sight. They aren't smart enough to move around obstacles by themselves, and will need to be "guided" around them."

I would eliminate "horizontal or vertical" and place "direct", because the golems can move diagonally, so long as there's not an obstacle in the way.

Maybe even better is something like "Golems find corners and obstacles difficult to traverse."

11-18-2006 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Golem description error? (0)  
I added you line before the final part about obstacles, and I think that helps it out a bit. Thanks for pointing that out.

11-23-2006 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
"direct" isn't entirely correct, in that it implies you have to be exactly in a direct vertical/horizontal/diagonal line for them to move. But that would make an interesting new monster...feature request anyone?

11-25-2006 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I'm pretty sure golems move like roaches in a featureless room, but unlike roaches they stop if they can't move like they would in a featureless room. (Roaches will go, okay, self, I can't move diagonally this turn. Perhaps moving vertically or horizontally will get me closer to my goal? Yes, okay, let's do that.

Although they're not self-aware and thus can't have internal monologues, and it's exceedingly unlikely that there ever was a trend in roach society for misspelt acronyms so it's not going to say 'okay' either. But otherwise that's pretty much what happens.)

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 11-25-2006 04:08 PM]
11-25-2006 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Golem description error? (I just noticed this.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com