Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : End Hold/End Level (As script commands)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon End Hold/End Level (+1)  
Basically, it'd enact the staircase routine, right where Beethro is. Except he wouldn't move. You could choose which emotion he had, maybe.

Potential?

Beethro walks into a room full of guards. And he's nervous, as the level ends...

Or, y'know, he's just found a massive pile of treasure.

It'd be like the Pie idea recently mentioned in the Raygun thread (...yes, I know), except not.

It'd mainly be useful for exciting scene situations. Or something. Maybe leading Halph out of the room is how you end the level. Who knows?
08-01-2006 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
icon Re: End Hold/End Level (0)  
It's a good idea, and a nice Wait for Event --> Room Ended would be rather handy (and complementary), too... The only problem with post-end scripting would be how the steps are handled (press 5?) :closedeyes

Good alternative to stair tiles, but let's hope no architect uses it in an evil way.

[Last edited by Niccus at 08-01-2006 12:34 AM]
08-01-2006 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Let's say some hostile NPCs move next to you. END LEVEL! You are tossed in prison with Nervous Beethro expression.

08-01-2006 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Lets say you step onto a random tile that looks like a normal tile, but really ends the level and takes you to a room that you have to restore out of! And lets also say that you have a maze of these tiles and you have to get to the other side! :)

Sound like fun? I think not. I would love this idea, but to many ways people could use it for ill.
08-01-2006 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
Then don't play their holds.
Any feature can be used for evil purposes. You can hide things under tar, and make unpredictable scripts. You can make monster-movement-order puzzles, you can--you get the idea.
So if someone keeps misusing this feature, you don't have to play their holds.

08-01-2006 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: End Hold/End Level (+1)  
But think of poor Wallu, having to beat it to kepp his record. :~(
08-01-2006 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
maybe there should just be a... i dunno, a heap of golden sparkles on it(thus would fit on top of any tile, so that people would know that it ends the hold, but doesn't look as out of place as a staircase.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 08-01-2006 05:47 AM]
08-01-2006 at 05:46 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Rock on! I have really been wanting this. It could just be a script :

End Level

08-01-2006 at 07:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
icon Re: End Hold/End Level (+1)  
End Level and Go to Entrance _____ is what we're aiming for, right? I hope I don't get this wrong. :)

[Last edited by Niccus at 08-01-2006 07:10 PM]
08-01-2006 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Yes.

08-02-2006 at 10:07 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I agree with the need for this - I've wanted end game triggers for a while now, and I think this is the best way to handle them.

08-02-2006 at 03:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
Wow, this is a great idea.
08-10-2006 at 10:54 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : End Hold/End Level (As script commands)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com