Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (I know, once again, I'm overlooking something obvious)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Click here to view the secret text
My problem is that, try though I might, there are always several leftover roaches outside the blast zone, so this obvious approach cannot be right. What, please, am I missing?

Thanks -
06-19-2006 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (+2)  
Can't remember the exact locations, but one trick (in my solution at least), is to

06-20-2006 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (+2)  
It is possible to use one or more decoys to kill roaches instead of luring them. This can save you some serious headaches if you can't figure out exactly how to place them.
06-20-2006 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Jacob wrote:
Got it . . . I wasn't doing enough shuffling.

Thanks!
06-21-2006 at 05:33 PM
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
OK, maybe I'm being thick again here... I'm on my way to the red door at the NE corner, which means I need to kill the snakes and drop all the trapdoors. How do I do this? I can't seem to do both. I can kill one snake, but the other always gets me. What am I doing wrong, please?

TIA
Jan

[Last edited by Songsmith at 02-07-2008 05:39 PM]
02-07-2008 at 05:35 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (+3)  
Songsmith wrote:
I can't seem to do both. I can kill one snake, but the other always gets me. What am I doing wrong, please?

np: Proem - Live @ Amoda Austin 03-12-2002 (Merck Fragments)

02-07-2008 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38
Briareos wrote:
You need to... (snipped)

Thank you!! Finally made it back into 1N where I can actually start trying to conquer the room instead of just make my way through it! The next problem will, no doubt, be conquering this one instead of just fighting my way through it.

Your help is much appreciated.
Jan

02-08-2008 at 10:12 AM
deathly_death
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
How do I hit the orb at (28, 11)? Bomb mazes aren't my forte.
12-18-2022 at 05:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Can you hit the orb at (34, 11)? If so:

If you're stuck with both orbs ask again and I can provide more.
12-19-2022 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North, 1 West (I know, once again, I'm overlooking something obvious)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com