Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Can't read secret text
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
fre3d
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon Can't read secret text (0)  
I'm paid up, logged in and looking for clues but I can't read any secret text anywhere in the forum. What up? Thanx for any help.
03-26-2006 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Can't read secret text (+1)  
If you have JavaScript disabled (or not supported), the secret tags won't work.

03-26-2006 at 03:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Can't read secret text (0)  
To expand on what Chaco said, the secret text doesn't have anything to do with being a CaravelNet subscriber or being logged into the forum. It would purely be a browser issue.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-26-2006 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
fre3d
Thanx for the rapid responses. This issue only appears on this forum. I appear to be Javascript enabled and can access hidden text areas on other sites. Unfortunatly, my technical knowledge and abilities are limited, so I could be missing something obvious. Any ideas? Thanx again.
03-26-2006 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
What browser are you using? If you are using IE, have you tried Firefox, and vice-versa? What are your security settings at? Have you trying lowering them temporarily to see if that works? Unless Schik posts exactly what parameter controls the secret text boxes, your best bet is to just experiment until it starts working. Or use a different browser (if it works there) just for browsing the forum, I suppose.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-26-2006 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Can't read secret text (+3)  
Okay, here's how to solve your problem.
Click here to view the secret text

03-28-2006 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
fre3d
icon Re: Can't read secret text (+1)  
Banjooie, On the funny scale that's actually right up there. Unfortunately, I'm now enjoying the forum's hidden messages from someone else's computer. It would appear I've got a corrupted file affecting scripting and the fixes that I've found on the net may as well be in Latin. All I know about computers is how to change the oil and rotate the tires.
03-28-2006 at 01:47 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Can't read secret text
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com