Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Cyr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
Hello,

another room that makes me sick. It seems to be clear that I have to kill all tar mothers without one spawn, so that the mimic potion still is reachable at the end. But I don't know how to do this with that goblin around me, which is needed for the snake. I cannot clear out the tar mass without being killed by the goblin, and I see no way to trap it or get it out of the visible range.

Do you have any hints for that?
02-15-2005 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
I'm stuck on this room as well, but I think I just realized something...

Click here to view the secret text

02-15-2005 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
stigant wrote:
I'm stuck on this room as well, but I think I just realized something...

02-15-2005 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Hmmm, well, I was thinking that

02-15-2005 at 07:49 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
stigant wrote:
Hmmm, well, I was thinking that
If I remember correctly there's an east arrow on the roach.
02-15-2005 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cyr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Thank you for your help, agaricus, your hint was quite useful. It was a bit of running at the beginning, but it worked.
02-16-2005 at 08:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
talund
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 95
I am at a loss for how to keep the goblin from following me. I can clear out only the first tar mother to prevent the first spawn but then am always killed by the goblin or by tar babies when trying to maneuver away from the goblin.
09-15-2005 at 03:03 PM
Hammerite
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East (+1)  
It is hard to explain... if you are careful then you can clear a couple of tar mothers. Then what happened to me was that I accidentally left the Goblin behind by ripping through the tar and spawning tar babies that held it up, so that it lost sight of me! It was quite easy after that!
10-23-2005 at 04:38 AM
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
I've been stuck here forever. Well, only about two months, but it seems like forever.

Thanks -
11-23-2006 at 03:55 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
This is a pretty tough room. I started by only cutting the tar to the side, then eventually making a run for it and using the tar gap to my advantage - there are a few locations where you can stand where you won't alert any tar mothers. Good luck, it's a doozy (like all rooms on this level, really)

11-23-2006 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Chaco wrote:
This is a pretty tough room.
I agree. I've already tried several variants of the "make a run for it" philosophy and I'm no further than before. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for something more utilitarian, like where the goblin is actually stashed when one "makes a run for it".

My apologies for being too dense for this game.
11-23-2006 at 09:13 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Unfortunately, I don't have my demo with me at the moment due to version difficulty, but the gap to the west has a convenient two-square barrier to dodge around. The only problem is that you'll need to turn your sword twice, so try and get that much space between the two of you.

11-23-2006 at 10:21 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Room image:

Hints:

11-26-2006 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter

File: BD Level 6 The Rooms Of Manipulation 1N4E busted 1.demo (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
I've spent plenty of time on this room, and your suggestions are indeed among what I've tried to do. Unfortunately I can only get partway through the sequence, when a spawn occurs, or I die.

This may seem like overkill, but I've got three demos of what happens (they're just a little different depending on where I try to go, but the end result is the same.) I've attached the one I think most likely to succeed, am I close?

Thanks -
11-26-2006 at 04:55 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516

File: BD Level 6 The Rooms Of Manipulation 1N4E Start.demo (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
key-smiter wrote:
I've attached the one I think most likely to succeed, am I close?
Well, you're digging exactly where you're bound to end up in a dead end.

Here's a demo of how I started the room.

np: Pop Levi - Blue Honey (Zentertainment 2006)

11-26-2006 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Thanks.

A person wiser than I would have given up on this hold long ago.
11-26-2006 at 06:57 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
key-smiter wrote:
A person wiser than I would have given up on this hold long ago.
Well, I haven't finished it either, and I haven't been very motivated to play it lately... there's just so many other holds out there. (And Trackmania United, but that's something totally different... :D)

np: Pop Levi - Blue Honey (Zentertainment 2006)

11-26-2006 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 1 North, 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com