Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Great place (another rpg hold)
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
komachi
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 158
IP: Logged
icon Re: Great place (0)  
I have tested that with the variables of _atk, _def and _hp, don't work... even initializing the variables with different numbers.
I think that the game's script can't "save" the stats/items/anything of the characters.

In summary:
Set var Y_atk=ATK
Player role X
Set var ATK=X_atk

Even initializing, the ATK automatically IS the X_ATK, so is equal to Y_atk. I will do and test the level, probably the next days I will update the hold adding the new weapons.

Thanks for the effort anyway.

[Last edited by komachi at 03-20-2013 09:02 PM]
03-20-2013 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
I've looked through your hold some, and I can't find this code. Want to post a version that includes your attempt, and I'll fix it for you? Also include the location/which character.
03-21-2013 at 05:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
icon Re: Great place (+1)  
New update:

-Fixed level 21 2N2E.
-Fixed the level 21, only is required 11 blue keys.
-Added a new level 25 with two items ( one for slayer and other for the tar baby).
PD: Don't know if the boss for the slayer weapon in too powerful.
-Changed the scroll about changing beetween characters.

Someone, i've added a room in the level 22 with the command named _test, is 3N 1E.
NOTICE: this room can't be visited, only it's for the command request.
03-21-2013 at 12:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: Great place (+3)  
Okay, I see your problem. In the _Test character, remove 'Go to "Switch"', and put a label at the end, maybe "End". Then change 'Go to "1"' to 'Go to "End"'. Also remove the imperative. It's kinda finicky, but that's how equipment works.

Heh, that not all, apparently. Using set var, you don't want to use 'assign text'. You want to use 'assign', and put the name of the variable in the right box. However, the game doesn't like underscores here, so you'll have to get rid of those from your variables. :/

[Last edited by Someone Else at 03-21-2013 04:56 PM]
03-21-2013 at 04:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
Finally, work perfectly changing beetween both characters.

The problem was the underscores in the variables and using assing text instead of set var.

03-22-2013 at 10:23 AM
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
Three things:

A colored square to indicate that the slayer boss house is enterable would be helpful. I spent a while wandering around trying to figure out how to get the slayer weapon.

But then the cut scene crashed when I defeated him. I used the slayer, facing north, since those are the two kinds of things I know I've seen crash cut scenes before.

Is there a second blue key around somewhere (or available after the cut scene)? I got the one on the island (and used a white key from far back to 'finish' the level).

Okay, I guess a fourth thing. That white key has really never seemed useful. A lack of keys hasn't been a problem since early on and using it to skip a blue key would generally skip other useful stuff like stat gems. On top of which, you can use an extra green key to climb over a blue door in level 23, so having a spare blue key isn't impossible currently. Is there someplace you have in mind that using the white key makes a lot of sense?

I might suggest a treasure room behind a serious greckle sink. A room with an absurd multipler and one greckle door in front a room with a normal multipler and some stats. Or a significant, but unnecessary item (at which point the room-specific multiplier isn't relevant). Because so far I'm just hanging on to it in the hope that there will be a reason to have picked it up.
03-22-2013 at 01:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
komachi
-Done
-Think that are resolved.
-Nope, forgot put another one :blush . Solved.
-I've added a special room for the white/skeletal key.
-I've changed level 23 2N 1W avoiding skip a blue key.

Also, i've done the new level; is like a bonus level.
03-24-2013 at 11:29 AM
Gordius
The changes to the character change room are in the updated version, but I don't see any of the others. In particular, it's definitely still possible to skip one of the blue doors on 23.
03-24-2013 at 03:21 PM
komachi
I'm sure that I had updated the hold :? .
I've updated it, it's good now.

03-24-2013 at 06:06 PM
Gordius
The exit from the Slayer's weapon house appears to be one use. I went in, decided to wait for later, and the second time I went in I couldn't leave.

Edited: Having gone back and resolved 25 to avoid the above problem, the exit leads back to the beginning of the level, so 26 isn't accessible.

[Last edited by Gordius at 03-25-2013 04:57 PM]
03-25-2013 at 01:54 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Gordius wrote:
The exit from the Slayer's weapon house appears to be one use. I went in, decided to wait for later, and the second time I went in I couldn't leave.

Edited: Having gone back and resolved 25 to avoid the above problem, the exit leads back to the beginning of the level, so 26 isn't accessible.

Jup! Also: Is the slayers new weapon on level 25 even worth it? Seems like quite an disadvantage to hit last.
04-02-2013 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Not clear. I figured I'd get it and try it out, but there's not much left to try it out on until I can get to 26. My guess is it's better against difficult monsters and worse against easy monsters.
04-03-2013 at 12:04 AM
komachi
icon Re: Great place (+2)  
Hi again, new update

-Added the new level 26
-I've changed the script of venomous monster. When you reach certain ATK or DEF ( Aprox. when you kill them without they hurt too much ). They won't deal you poison damague.
-Changed the forest berseker and forest fairy. The forest fairy is a merely monster as anything. The forest berseker is like an upgrade swordman; i've reduced the ATK of the berseker and the nullify defense.
-Fix the fail that gordius mentions ( you can entrance once in the city guardian boss house)
-Lower the bonus of ATK of the black longsword and the city guardian boss stats.

The changes starts at level 19, where I put several forest berseker.
Hope you like the new level.

[Last edited by komachi at 04-13-2013 11:08 AM]
04-13-2013 at 11:04 AM
komachi
My hold is nearly done, only need change enemies in the level 28
and build the last level
Major update which involves:

- Level 28* done. added a new skin for the tar baby.
- Fixed some problems in certain rooms.
- Changed the black longsword, now gives 135 ATK, -35 DEF and it's metal. Nothing more. Because it disbalanced the next levels.
-Added ambientation to all the levels.
-Changed some level names and the description of all of them, I think that they are better that before.
-Removed all the scrolls.
-Changed both rooms where appear gel mother ( level 21 and 13 ). You will be losing life every turn you are in the room in the level 13 and inside of the square in level 21
-Changed the skeleton key in level 13 by a blue key.
-Added the skeleton key needed, behind a powerful monster in level 25.
-Corrected a fatal error which you could have infinite ATK and DEF. ( involving the fang).
Also, a shortcut in level 10. The changes actually start at level 25, before you get the sword.

I reach the end of the hold, but as i said, problably will change some enemies of the level 28, because have too much life.

[Last edited by komachi at 05-07-2013 02:34 PM]
05-06-2013 at 06:20 PM
Gordius
Should the 27:3S2W red doors have started closed? I don't see any reason to solve that puzzle.

Similarly, all the green doors are open in 27:5S2W.

Coming in from the south makes 27:3S2E trivial, which may be your intent, but seemed a little silly, to me.

ETA: In 28:2S2E, one of the orthogonal tilings prevents you from accessing the upper-right section.

[Last edited by Gordius at 05-10-2013 02:47 PM]
05-09-2013 at 11:33 PM
Midootje
Rank Points: 109
When you defeat the second boss (Automatic Machine, end of Level 19) the script waits forever. The Machine says 'GAH!' after which the cutscene keeps waiting forever.

05-14-2013 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
komachi
Gordius wrote:
Should the 27:3S2W red doors have started closed? I don't see any reason to solve that puzzle.

Similarly, all the green doors are open in 27:5S2W.

Coming in from the south makes 27:3S2E trivial, which may be your intent, but seemed a little silly, to me.

ETA: In 28:2S2E, one of the orthogonal tilings prevents you from accessing the upper-right section.

-Yes, I opened the doors for test this and the next level, but the puzzles are possible for sure.
-That is intended, the main objective is that the tar baby can't get the shield. I've changed the script and some green keys are needed in order to get the shield.
-I've added a pair of gates in 5S which are opened one in each side.

Midootje wrote:
When you defeat the second boss (Automatic Machine, end of Level 19) the script waits forever. The Machine says 'GAH!' after which the cutscene keeps waiting forever.
-Changed, also put correctly both yellow doors to get the life and the powerup by one yellow key.

thanks to both for the replies.
05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM
Gordius
In 13:1S2E, the scripting for the poison does something odd once you've cleared the room. Every time you step on the entry square you get +75 HP, which means you can hop back and forth and get as much HP as you want.
05-21-2013 at 09:21 PM
komachi
icon Re: Great place (+2)  
Well... I'm working again in this hold.
I'm going to up a new version, the main changes are:

-Added a bonus level. You'll need the two blue keys from the level 13. This level it's pretty hard I guess...(And three custom items inside this level).
-Removed the -90 attack from level 21 when you control the slayer.
-Added ambient music to levels.
-Modified some scripts. (items you had as Slayer and Tar are "saved")
-Added "life saved system" in puzzles with laser machine.
-Tar don't receive damage from poison.
-Modified the level 27. (Access to the center is now 3S 1E and 3S 1W. Instead of 3S 2W and 3S 2E).
-Balanced enemies.

Changelog:
Click here to view the secret text

I don't know when the last level will be ready. But I'll try end this hold (and do a little story for it) :).
10-10-2014 at 10:42 PM
Gordius
I can't tell if this is intentional, but there are various places where City Guardians turn and attack other monsters that activates briars in the room. I can't see any feasible path that avoids this outcome, but I could be mistaken.
10-25-2014 at 06:41 PM
komachi
It's a version problem I think. I'm doing the hold in the build 1.1.0.54 which the NPCs with sword don't kill the monsters, I suppose you're playing in the .56 or .57 which NPCs with sword can kill monsters.
I will edit the script so they only harm you.
10-26-2014 at 09:50 AM
Blondbeard
I suppose the tunnels in level nine entrance isn't really meant to be there?
10-31-2014 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
Blondbeard wrote:
I suppose the tunnels in level nine entrance isn't really meant to be there?

They are meant to be there, you can skip the level (you lose money equal to the greekles gates inside the way if you go across the tunnel).
I think they will stand there in the final version, but probably I'll add a bonus to encourage make the puzzles.
10-31-2014 at 07:54 AM
Blondbeard
Ah! Overall information about the scripting would be nice :) Like the Hot Tiles. I just asumed the Hot Tiles worked as normal, until I had played a good portion of the level. The Flower Bird and the Demon Eyes was a bit fun to figure out on your own though. The problem with the Hot Tiles is that they kinda look like regular Hot Tiles.

I would also highly recomend getting some help with the writing (spell checking and such). Maybe Nuntar could help with that?
11-01-2014 at 09:51 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I'm currently in the middle of playing through the hold, and so far it's been fun trying to figure out what order to do everything in.

One comment I'd like to make is that it would be nice to make the custom monsters "deathwing", "touchwing" and "Big Roach" have custom colors, so that it's obvious that they aren't the default wraithwing and roach enemies, and furthermore that the touchwings in Level 5 2N and 2N1W aren't deathwings.

[Last edited by Chaco at 11-02-2014 02:39 AM]
11-02-2014 at 02:13 AM
Blondbeard
I am now at level 16, and have enjoyed myself imensly. Especially the bonus level was fun to play. However if you ever return to the slayer role (which I guess you will), won't you be a lot more powerfull, if you played the bonus level? Or will the stats just reset?
11-02-2014 at 11:57 AM
komachi
Blondbeard wrote:

I would also highly recomend getting some help with the writing (spell checking and such). Maybe Nuntar could help with that?

Yeah, I suppose I will need help with the texts but I want to change the descriptions and make a little history first.

Blondbeard wrote:
I am now at level 16, and have enjoyed myself imensly. Especially the bonus level was fun to play. However if you ever return to the slayer role (which I guess you will), won't you be a lot more powerfull, if you played the bonus level? Or will the stats just reset?
The script save the weapon/armor/accessory you had at the end of the level 14. The stats aren't saved.

Chaco wrote:
One comment I'd like to make is that it would be nice to make the custom monsters "deathwing", "touchwing" and "Big Roach" have custom colors, so that it's obvious that they aren't the default wraithwing and roach enemies, and furthermore that the touchwings in Level 5 2N and 2N1W aren't deathwings.
I will change the color a bit, anyway I think it's obvious that they aren't common roaches and wraithwings, I'll change the color smoothly to distinguish the touchwing and deathwing.

Thanks for the comments.
11-02-2014 at 11:49 PM
Blondbeard
In level 21 4N5E you do not need a blue key despite the scroll saying so... You can bypas the blue door by stepping diagonally past it.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-03-2014 08:46 AM]
11-03-2014 at 08:46 AM
Blondbeard
In level 22 the tooth and the teal suddenly stops working. It says "none" next to their pictures. And I suddenly have a lot less ATK and DEF than I had when they were active.
11-03-2014 at 09:32 AM
komachi
Blondbeard wrote:
In level 22 the tooth and the teal suddenly stops working. It says "none" next to their pictures. And I suddenly have a lot less ATK and DEF than I had when they were active.

The level 21 door I'll add a pair of walls to avoid skip the blue door.

About that problem:

That's the problem I had in the version 1.0.56 and because I do the hold in the 1.1.54:(, I thought that is because the scripted items cannot be assigned by "set var" or they don't work. Since the slayer items work well. (unless I missed something important).

I've made some tests and I think I could resolve it with the armor and accesory slot however it will take some time make it.
11-03-2014 at 11:08 AM
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Great place (another rpg hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com