Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (is this a bug or...?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
BSmartt
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (0)  
I killed the blue gel mama and the black gate still won't open on the upgrading machine, so I have to keep traveling further up to get stuff if I need it. I tried it once previous on a run through and it worked fine, had better upgrades, so it will suck if I can't play through properly as a result:(
Aside from that, this game is the bomb (they're all good, i just clicked with this one faster)... I've posted it on my facebook profile and told all my RPG friends to check it out:)
12-29-2008 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (+2)  
The gate in front of the altar in this room is a black sister gate. It starts out lowered, and is able to be passed through.

However, once you kill the blue tar mothers in this room and remove all the tarstuff, the black sister gate will raise and the regular raised black gate will lower.

So, make sure that you use the altar as much as possible early on in the level so that once you've decided you don't need it anymore you can kill the tar mother and block off the altar.

12-29-2008 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (0)  
*crap*;)
12-29-2008 at 02:23 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4569
There is a still better Machine on the next level, so after a certain point it's fine to block this one off.

If this is your first DROD game, it's worth stating explicitly that if there is any tarstuff in a room (tar, mud or gel) then when all tarstuff is cleared, all open black gates will close and all closed ones will open. Tarstuff babies do not count as tarstuff, so if you have a 2x2 blob with a mother, killing both squares of the mother will activate the gates. This applies to all holds (it can be circumvented with scripting, but violating expectations is bad hold design).

12-29-2008 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
ok, yet again trouble with this room. I redid it after realizing I had blocked the machine by killing the gel mama, and I insert my funds, but my power up doesn't show up even though it tells me it's upped me. This must be a bug? I can't believe I'd just insert greckles for nothing here...
01-01-2009 at 01:05 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (+1)  
How much did you pay? I'm pretty sure there's a maximum limit to the amount of times you can buy.

Did it tell you "You don't have enough greckles?" If it did, you didn't lose your money, but you didn't get the upgrade.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-01-2009 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
Nuntar wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:
How much did you pay? I'm pretty sure there's a maximum limit to the amount of times you can buy.
I don't have access to the script, but there is a lucky blade in this hold for a reason.

It was for a HP boost of 1250 or so, and it didn't register (my same HP showed) though the machine said, "Thank you"...I'm no where near the limit for purchases, I can purchase on other levels, just wanted a better power up - and no I have lots of greckles to buy two upgrades, it just won't give them to me at this particular machine, which I'm assuming has better upgrades than the one on the previous level

[Last edited by BSmartt at 01-01-2009 02:13 AM]
01-01-2009 at 02:11 AM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
It's a known bug. I'm afraid all you can do for now is to avoid buying HP at that Design-o-matic until it's fixed.
01-01-2009 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
k thanks
01-01-2009 at 02:17 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
TFMurphy wrote:
I'm afraid all you can do for now is to avoid buying HP at that Design-o-matic until it's fixed.
...in the meantime:

[Last edited by Lamkin at 01-01-2009 05:58 AM]
01-01-2009 at 03:49 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Lamkin wrote:
TFMurphy wrote:
I'm afraid all you can do for now is to avoid buying HP at that Design-o-matic until it's fixed.
...in the meantime:
Is that what the new Design-o-matic looks like (excluding the Out of Order sign)? If it does, that's really cool! If not, good graphics, maybe Caravel should use that as a new alter graphic...

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-01-2009 at 06:04 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
12th Archivist wrote:
Is that what the new Design-o-matic looks like (excluding the Out of Order sign)? If it does, that's really cool!
Yep. Apparently, this is the guy who was responsible, while I was just being silly by adding the "sign."
Happy New Year everyone.

01-01-2009 at 07:01 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Pirate Lair : 3 South, 2 West (is this a bug or...?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com