Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What if...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon What if... (0)  
i was always wondering if i get stuck in a room and even the H and S board cant help me, Can i email Erik?
10-23-2007 at 08:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: What if... (+2)  
That would probably take much longer than waiting for the right person to come along and answer your H&S question.

Tips for getting the help you need from H&S:

* Read the existing threads carefully first. Chances are someone else had the exact same problem as you, and another person helped them solve it.

* Be as specific as possible when asking for help. Describe exactly what your problem is. If you can't describe it well in words, post a demo or a screenshot.

* Be patient. If you are playing a less popular hold, you might have to wait a day for someone else who has solved it to come along.

And don't forget:

* There are no required rooms that are impossible. All the holds on the holds board have been mastered and postmastered by somebody. (Although some rooms may require you to upgrade your DROD software.)

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 10-23-2007 08:35 AM]
10-23-2007 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
icon Re: What if... (+1)  
Note that most holds are by people-other-than-Erik, and he may not even have played them. As far as I know the one hold he did create all by himself is King Dugan's Dungeon, which has been fairly thoroughly hinted and solved already.

Emailing Erik is unlikely to bring better results than the H&S board.
10-23-2007 at 08:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
icon Re: What if... (0)  
Znirk wrote:
Note that most holds are by people-other-than-Erik, and he may not even have played them. As far as I know the one hold he did create all by himself is King Dugan's Dungeon, which has been fairly thoroughly hinted and solved already.

Emailing Erik is unlikely to bring better results than the H&S board.
not really all by himself. For example, level 9 was created by Lucas Swineford
10-23-2007 at 08:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
13th Slayer wrote:
not really all by himself. For example, level 9 was created by Lucas Swineford
Oh? Oh. Well, my argument relies on "not many holds by Erik", so zero is as good as one ;)

[Last edited by Znirk at 10-23-2007 08:52 AM]
10-23-2007 at 08:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Remember that if all else fails, you can request a demo (again, in the H&S thread). It's much more rewarding to finally solve a room yourself, but if one gets too frustrating then at least you can get past it to the rest of a hold.
10-23-2007 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
See also Down the Grimmish Hole.

13th - some rooms are indeed very tricky. While some well-designed holds will let you skip around and play other rooms in the meantime, sometimes the room just proves too much.

You might want to take a break from that room or hold for a few days, then come back - you might see something upon a review of the room that you might not have noticed beforehand.

10-23-2007 at 11:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
icon Re: What if... (0)  
Chaco wrote:
You might want to take a break from that room or hold for a few days, then come back - you might see something upon a review of the room that you might not have noticed beforehand.
I don't know how many times I've given up on a room, and then thought of the solution while falling asleep that same night, or the next night. Then again, too much DROD on the brain has kept me awake some nights, thinking, "Start with sword W instead, first the queen and then the fuse..."

BbJ

10-24-2007 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What if...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com