Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Rooms with custom styles unavailable (Probably for obvious reasons)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3640
IP: Logged
icon Rooms with custom styles unavailable (0)  
Infested Corridors brings up an interesting point - since the server does not store style files, the H&S image generation software can't generate images for Infested Corridors, since it can't find the Volcano style images.

I'm quite certain there's going to be work done in this direction in the future, but for now could the software render rooms that it doesn't have a style for using the City style, just as the game does? That way the rooms and the minimap would actually show up on H&S and people could actually see the rooms, if not in their actual graphics, then at least the components, objects, and monsters therein.

10-07-2007 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Rooms with custom styles unavailable (0)  
Actually, the room image generation software is offline at the moment because it can't handle 3.1 holds yet. Once that it fixed, it will at least be able to generate images with a default style.

10-07-2007 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Rooms with custom styles unavailable (+3)  
Alrighty, the room generation software is back up and running. It's got the known custom styles imported as well, so it will correctly generate rooms made in those styles.

10-10-2007 at 03:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3640
icon Re: Rooms with custom styles unavailable (+1)  
Great! The Infested Corridors rooms all show up now, and in their nifty Volcano style. :)

Could there be a list kept somewhere which contains which styles (custom and "included") the H&S image generation software currently supports?

[Last edited by Chaco at 10-10-2007 11:18 AM]
10-10-2007 at 11:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Rooms with custom styles unavailable (+1)  
It will always support whatever styles are used in holds on the Holds board. That is, once someone uploads a hold using a style that it doesn't support, I'll add it. Some day when I get around to it, this will be automatic.

10-10-2007 at 12:50 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Rooms with custom styles unavailable (Probably for obvious reasons)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com