Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Has Erik turned his hand to making movies?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Has Erik turned his hand to making movies? (0)  
The plot outline for the new movie, "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer", is, 'A group of teenagers in Colorado find themselves being stalked and killed one-by-one by a mysterious figure with a hook'.

Sound familiar?

(Plot outline nicked from IMDb.com)
08-10-2006 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Has Erik turned his hand to making movies? (0)  
No - in JtRH one of the teenagers is replaced by an adult who conveniently has a sword.

08-10-2006 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
But how many teenagers are playing JtRH and get so immersed in the game they think they are Beethro?

Of course, a good imagination helps, and both playing games and watching movies, you generally have to throw any thoughts of reality through the window.

No? Oh well, I guess it's a good thing we don't all have the same sense of humour.
08-10-2006 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
bandit1200 wrote:
But how many teenagers are playing JtRH and get so immersed in the game they think they are Beethro?
Well, there's at least one adult player who thought that he was the Slayer.

:)

08-10-2006 at 10:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Has Erik turned his hand to making movies? (+2)  
bandit1200 wrote:
The plot outline for the new movie, "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer", is, 'A group of teenagers in Colorado find themselves being stalked and killed one-by-one by a mysterious figure with a hook'.

Sound familiar?

(Plot outline nicked from IMDb.com)
You bet it sounds familiar. It sounds just like the movies "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer".

08-10-2006 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Has Erik turned his hand to making movies? (+1)  
Yeah, stay tuned for the next smashing hits, "Hypnotherapy Helped Me Forget What You Did Last Summer" and "I Don't Know Who You Are Or What You Did Last Summer, But I'm Gonna Kill You Anyway".

08-11-2006 at 10:26 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
And in the same vein - how come someone made an album about Oneiromancer? :D

08-11-2006 at 11:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
According to google, a oneiromancer is "someone who divines through the interpretation of dreams".
08-11-2006 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yes, the name is hardly original, and in fact I learned of it from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series (my avatar is the main character of the series). I'm definitely not the only person to use it online, not even on forums...you might be surprised how many forums have the name already taken.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-11-2006 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501

File: sword vs hook.jpg (32.5 KB)
Downloaded 249 times.
License: Public Domain
Speaking of DROD and movies...
Click here to view the secret text
Does this scene remind you of something?

08-16-2006 at 05:25 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Maurog wrote:

minus the extra sword perhaps
08-16-2006 at 07:33 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
NiroZ wrote:
Maurog wrote:

Perhaps the extra sword explains why if the Slayer steps on you, it kills you! He's using that sword, which is normally sheathed, in order to hit Beethro when the delver gets too close!

08-16-2006 at 10:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Hikari wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Maurog wrote:

Perhaps the extra sword explains why if the Slayer steps on you, it kills you! He's using that sword, which is normally sheathed, in order to hit Beethro when the delver gets too close!
Well if you look at the picture of the slayer in the bottom left corner of the DROD menu, it becomes painfully obvious why stepping on Beethro would kill him.

08-16-2006 at 11:45 AM
Hikari
NiroZ wrote:
Hikari wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Maurog wrote:
Well if you look at the picture of the slayer in the bottom left corner of the DROD menu, it becomes painfully obvious why stepping on Beethro would kill him.
Looking at it, I'm not so sure. The Slayer in that picture looks like he'd only kill Beethro with either the hook or if Beethro tried to jump on him for some reason. I think if he ran into Beethro, he'd probably bounce off. ;)

08-16-2006 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Hikari wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Hikari wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Maurog wrote:
Looking at it, I'm not so sure. The Slayer in that picture looks like he'd only kill Beethro with either the hook or if Beethro tried to jump on him for some reason. I think if he ran into Beethro, he'd probably bounce off. ;)

Dude, haven't you seen the spikes on his ankles? Besides, The slayer might shoulder charge him. I mean, they are some nasty spikes.
08-16-2006 at 12:25 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
It's like those stereotypical supervillain collars, except much more deadly. He could poke an eye out with one of those!

08-16-2006 at 02:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
His ankle-'spikes' look awfully, um... poofy. I'm not sure a poofy ankle thing is gonna kill anyone ;)

08-16-2006 at 10:42 PM
NiroZ
Hikari wrote:
His ankle-'spikes' look awfully, um... poofy. I'm not sure a poofy ankle thing is gonna kill anyone ;)

c'mon, use your imagination. I mean, he's a evil killer, not some warped jester.
08-17-2006 at 08:03 AM
Hikari
Hey! I *like* imagining him as a warped jester! I mean, he *does* carry around a cane that he sharpened the wrong end of ;)

08-17-2006 at 09:56 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Has Erik turned his hand to making movies?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com