Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Midnight Mansion (Because Erik asked for it.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Midnight Mansion (+2)  
Midnight Mansion

Midnight Mansion is

Erik dared in this thread:

a cool Mac game that hasn't been made available to Windows players.

This game is somewhat similar to DROD in that you control a guy walking around in a really huge place. Here, the similarities end.

You play Jack Malone, mansion explorer. Your job is to go into haunted houses, spooky castles, and the like, and go get all the treasure from them. Treasure chests, money bags, and the like.

However, many more obstacles exist than the typical walls and floors. Monstrous spiders, scorpions and snakes, and other such spawn of evil will get in the way. In addition, you may not be able to progress until you unlock doors, start conveyor belts, and manipulate levers.

After you've beaten the in-game mansions, there's also a mansion editor that allows you to (surprise!) build your own mansions!
The Midnight Mansion community is currently rather small, but adding a few people would be good. What are you waiting for?

[Last edited by Chaco at 07-21-2006 10:27 PM]
07-21-2006 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Midnight Mansion (0)  
Oh no! The game looks really cool, but I only have Windows and Linux boxes! It's so unfair! How could you tantalize me like this, Chaco! ;)

Your URL needs fixing:

http://www.actionsoft.com/midnightmansion.html

-Erik

07-21-2006 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Gah, directory error. -_-

07-21-2006 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
That looks like my type of game. But my parents will only buy Windows computers and I don't have enough money to get a Mac or something different. Guess I'll have to wait for a windows version.
07-21-2006 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
It looks pretty good, but not enough to make me regret not having a Mac. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-21-2006 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Ezlo wrote:
But my parents will only buy Windows computers
>.> <.< Macs run Windows now.

:runs:

07-21-2006 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I'm waiting for the day that Mac OS X is availible for PC install. The day will come, I promise, and if they're clever, they'll release it before Microsoft has a chance to release Vee-sta.

07-21-2006 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Hikari wrote:
Ezlo wrote:

Only the Intel-based Macs, which basically means that if you bought a Mac in the past year or before, you aren't going to want to spend more money on a new Mac.

07-22-2006 at 12:14 AM
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: Midnight Mansion (+1)  
No Mac, so I can't play it and find out for sure, but the kinds of enemies, obstacles, and room layouts on the screnshots kind of remind me of Montezuma's revenge. Any idea if that was the inspiration?

07-22-2006 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Chaco wrote:
Hikari wrote:
Ezlo wrote:

Only the Intel-based Macs, which basically means that if you bought a Mac in the past year or before, you aren't going to want to spend more money on a new Mac.
But Ezlo's parents haven't bought a Mac in the past year or so. They haven't bought one at all ;) I was just pointing out the thing that people keep forgetting when they complain about Macs not running PC software these days.

07-22-2006 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Beef Row wrote:
No Mac, so I can't play it and find out for sure, but the kinds of enemies, obstacles, and room layouts on the screnshots kind of remind me of Montezuma's revenge. Any idea if that was the inspiration?

Yeah, it's definitely been mentioned. In fact, one of the custom mansions released on the fan site is a remake of that game. :)

07-22-2006 at 01:42 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Hikari wrote:
I was just pointing out the thing that people keep forgetting when they complain about Macs not running PC software these days.
Also, people keep saying PC software when they mean Windows software. -_-

- Gerry

07-22-2006 at 02:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
trick wrote:
Hikari wrote:
I was just pointing out the thing that people keep forgetting when they complain about Macs not running PC software these days.
Also, people keep saying PC software when they mean Windows software. -_-

- Gerry
Yeah, but Macs have been running Linux for years. ;)

07-22-2006 at 02:36 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: Midnight Mansion (+2)  
...aaaand CUE the lefthanded Welshman!

;)

- Gerry

07-22-2006 at 02:57 AM
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
Hmm. I actually looked at the possibility of emulating OS X on my PC just now, and I found 1) emulators for older Mac OS's, and 2) Emulators for the PowerPC architecture which require an OS X install disk. This seems to be on grounds of legality, to some extent, but thats a little confusing, since as far as I know WINE is legal. Is the differnce just that no has developed something like WINE yet? Or is there an actual legal impediment to doing this that applies to OS X but not the various flavors of Windows?

Ah well, regardless I guess I won't get to try this any time soon.

07-22-2006 at 12:24 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Beef Row wrote:
Hmm. I actually looked at the possibility of emulating OS X on my PC just now, and I found 1) emulators for older Mac OS's, and 2) Emulators for the PowerPC architecture which require an OS X install disk. This seems to be on grounds of legality, to some extent, but thats a little confusing, since as far as I know WINE is legal. Is the differnce just that no has developed something like WINE yet? Or is there an actual legal impediment to doing this that applies to OS X but not the various flavors of Windows?

Ah well, regardless I guess I won't get to try this any time soon.

bearing in mind i have no idea what i am talking about, i belive that WINE is emulating features of windows, not windows itself, wereas those OSX emulators probably arn't
07-22-2006 at 01:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Midnight Mansion (Because Erik asked for it.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com