Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
toxshock
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (0)  
Please Please Please can you help, this whole level is driving me loopy. But help with this level would be brilliant.

I have never asked for explicit help before, but I could do with it now.

I have been going through the SW entrance, and as I dont have a counter with this version its hard to keep count. I simply dont seem to have enough time or space. Thank You :~(
07-09-2006 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (+1)  
Are you trying to do this in the Architect's Edition?

I suggest getting outside the box (or at least in as safe a place as possible) before the tar mother spawns.

Try gathering pebbles from some destroyed driveway in your neighborhood, then using thirty of them as a counter.

07-09-2006 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
krepnox
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (+2)  
I originally did this hold in the Architect's Edition, so I sympathize with the problem. I would get involved with killing the tar babies in front of me, I would lose count of the number of turns taken and, all of a sudden, the tar mother would spawn and I would get killed by a tar baby coming in from the side. Also, when I did this level, there were no destroyed driveways in my neighborhood, so I sent my kid brother out to pulverize one of the neighbor's driveways. Unfortunately, he took way too long to be of any use, so I had to figure it out without a counter.

Since you are using the SW entrance, I am guessing that you have cleared out enough of the tar babies to enter the chamber, so that your problem is getting to the tar mother. Here's what I did.
Click here to view the secret text

07-09-2006 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
de5tiny
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (0)  
i'm not sure if anyone even checks this anymore since the last post was in 2006... but i've been stuck on this room for a while, i have read, and reread, and reread every hint on this site for this room and i'm totally stuck. i tried the demo, but it isn't there anymore.

this is what i have tried

i'm at a total loss here.

[Last edited by de5tiny at 07-11-2008 06:52 PM]
07-11-2008 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (+2)  
The hardest part of this room is getting inside the tar mother's box. Once you are inside, just wait for the tar to grow around you so no babies can get you, then cut your way to the mother, kill her, and then clean up the rest of the babies.

[Last edited by rowrow at 07-11-2008 08:11 PM]
07-11-2008 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
de5tiny
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East (0)  
thanks, i finally got it.
07-12-2008 at 05:12 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 3 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com