Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : A list of all unsolved bug reports
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1228
IP: Logged
icon A list of all unsolved bug reports (+4)  
I was browsing the 'Bugs' board and I saw that there are still a couple of unsolved bug reports(at least the icon says so). I don't know which ones are solved in silence or without updating the thread icon, so I'll just post a list here with all reports that are not solved. (I'm not going further than the fifth page, because bug reports made before that date are (most likely) already solved)

Demos not recording: This is a serious bug, worth to be fixed.

Restore screen bug: I'm sure about this not being solved. I had problems with this bug myself when using the newest DROD version.

Mac Demo Versions Don't Realise The Full Version's Installed: Mac bug. Trick wrote a solution for the problem but that doesn't (really) fix it. You just avoid the bug that way. [might be fixed when 3.1 or 3.2 full install is released -- mrimer]

High score bugs (again): Another high score bug. This looks like a major one to me. [server-side issue that Schik is working on]

In-game chat - duplicate messages: This bug don't seems to be affecting anyone, but it might still be worth looking at.EDIT: As Syntax and Schap said below, this bug is in fact affecting them. Syntax confirmed that it is NOT a firewall or proxy problem. [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

Control-5 and disappearing builders: This seems unsolved to me when looking at the thread. Again, I'm not sure about this... If I remember correctly I recently used Ctrl-5 in a builder room and it all worked fine for me. [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

Crash when copying a JtRH-created room with voice in TCB: [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

Replying to yourself in chat.: This isn't anything serious, but it might still be worth looking at. [not a bug -- mrimer]

Slayer/Stalwart Pathmapping with Snapshots: Fixed.

Uploading high scores in 3.0: This is solved but Mike bumped the thread and asked if this is still happening in 3.1. [guess it's solved -- mrimer]

Telepathic eyes.: This is (most likely) solved. [fixed in 3.1.1+ -- mrimer]

One-Way Wubbas: Fixed

Right-click on rotation token: This change is inplemented in the new patch candidate.

can't paste text into entrance description (3.1.0.54, Windows 98 SE): This is a minor bug but it't still worth fixing. [an OS bug, not a DROD bug -- mrimer]

crash when importing this hold (3.1.0.54, Windows 98 SE): This bug is now fixed.

Level name length: [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

I have Jeff's Demos (And I didn't download them.): It is most likely that Jeff included these demos in his Hold. We are still waiting for a reply from Jeff. EDIT: Jeff stated that it is unintended. [cannot reproduce -- mrimer]

Chat echoes info: The newest bug outta here. I don't think anyone had time to investigate this yet. [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

adjacent stairs & destination assignment (...or something D:): Fixed this editor exploit -- mrimer in build 58]

CRAASH!: Looks like an image/bitmap problem, according to the error. I'm not sure though. [Added a code guard to prevent the crash in build 55 -- mrimer]

Bugs in Mac version 3.1: Seems like an unintentional change in bomb behavior. Schep asked for some more testing material but nobody replied. [fixed by TFMurphy in 3.1.1 -- mrimer]

hold copy error : Might still be worth looking at. [the hold's no longer available in order to reproduce this bug -- mrimer]

Re-Importing Holds and Room Status (Version 3.1.0.54): This is a very annoying bug when beta-testing a hold. [should be fixed for new player profiles in 3.1.1+ -- mrimer]

Rising Sister Gates don't break fuses: [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

DRoD crashes: [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

expat callbacks and linkage.: Little bug in the code. [Fixed for build 55 -- mrimer]

Conquer token on room entrance: [fixed in build 58 -- mrimer]

Rock giant sound bug: Pretty harmless. [fixed in build 58 -- mrimer]

Wrong Story file in KDD: This isn't very serious, but it might be confusing for newer players. [fixed in 3.2+ -- mrimer]

Crash in Magic Show 2: Seems like TFMurphy is already working on this and found the solution. [applied his fix in build 58 -- mrimer]

Another Giant bug (... I think.): [fixed in build 58 -- mrimer]

Backspace after death in cutscene doesn't undo death: The way this is handled seems pretty unfair to the player. Maybe it's better to change it as Sillyman and Tuttle suggested. [not a bug -- mrimer]

Undo decoy/mimic/clone positioning after restore to potion: A room restore bug.

scripting bug: Annoying when copying large player role based scripts.

Brained Seep/Waterskipper Pathmapping Complications: Very complicated report by TFMurphy. Seems like it's unintentional.

I hope the bug fixers can make good use of this list in their work. :)

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-29-2008 07:03 PM]
11-30-2007 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (0)  
Great list!
Here's my input:

Demos not recording: This seems solved to me but I'm not really sure... -_-
This still happens to me, and my other half reported it happening to her in KDD 2.0 under JtRH yesterday.

In-game chat - duplicate messages: This bug don't seems to be affecting anyone, but it might still be worth looking at.
This bug famously affects just me, but it's since been shown to happen to others too occasionally :)

Replying to yourself in chat.: This isn't anything serious, but it might still be worth looking at.
But there are still similar glitches/bugs surrounding the different in-game chat commands (/ignore not working for example)

Uploading high scores in 3.0: This is solved but Mike bumped the thread and asked if this is still happening in 3.1.
Very much still an issue but I believe Schik and Mike are actively looking at this.

High score bugs (again): Another high score bug. This looks like a major one to me.
Yes

Chat echoes info: The newest bug outta here. I don't think anyone had time to investigate this yet.
This is to help resolve the 2nd bug in my comments list. Again, the echoes in chat famously affects me the most.
11-30-2007 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Syntax wrote:
In-game chat - duplicate messages: This bug don't seems to be affecting anyone, but it might still be worth looking at.
This bug famously affects just me, but it's since been shown to happen to others too occasionally :)
If it makes you feel any better, it's been happening to me a lot more often lately....
11-30-2007 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (+3)  
Syntax wrote:
Great list!
Here's my input:

Chat echoes info: The newest bug outta here. I don't think anyone had time to investigate this yet.
This is to help resolve the 2nd bug in my comments list. Again, the echoes in chat famously affects me the most.

Maybe this is a firewall or proxy problem? You could try to turn all firewalls and proxys off so you have a direct internet connection, and see if happens again that way.
12-04-2007 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (+2)  
slimm tom wrote:
Maybe this is a firewall or proxy problem? You could try to turn all firewalls and proxys off so you have a direct internet connection, and see if happens again that way.
In order to help resolve this bug here's what I did:
* Moved house
* Changed ISP
* Changed OS
* Changed from modem to router
* Changed firewall
* Changed job

Alas, none of these changed a thing.
12-04-2007 at 02:08 PM
slimm tom
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (+2)  
I updated the thread and added the more recent bug reports.
01-13-2008 at 12:35 PM
slimm tom
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (+1)  
Added a bug report. And thanks for updating my post with the fixed bugs Mike. :thumbsup
01-26-2008 at 01:17 PM
slimm tom
Added a couple of bug reports. You bug-fixers are doing a great job! Keep on going! :thumbsup
02-06-2008 at 11:30 AM
EveSilvaParagorica
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
There are other bug reports that are never replied that are never fixed, like "DROD AE has stopped working" and some others.

01-09-2014 at 03:05 AM
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: A list of all unsolved bug reports (-1)  
:angry. This really looks like it would be an amazingly useful thread, If You Kept It Up Do Date.....

06-26-2014 at 08:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
If you just use the "Bugs" link up below the forum banner, you can kinda filter out all the unresolved bugs.

06-26-2014 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
You can, if you have access to that page. ;)
06-26-2014 at 08:38 PM
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Yup. I think slimm tom is right. Mainly because I cannot see the said link at all.

06-26-2014 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
What? I thought we made that public a long time ago?!

06-26-2014 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Huh. Yeah, so the page is public, but it's just not linked anywhere except... here.

06-26-2014 at 08:47 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : A list of all unsolved bug reports
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com