Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : I have Jeff's Demos (And I didn't download them.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged

File: MOTD Sixth Level 3S Victory.demo (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Other
icon I have Jeff's Demos (0)  
In mysteries of the deep, level 6, I'm finding that I have many of Jeff's room demos, even before playing the rooms. Rooms definitely affected are 3S, 3S1W, and 4S1W. 2S1W, 2S and 1S are not affected, so this is probably something that just started happening. The server has been very slow to bring up the demo listing, and to display scores for these last few rooms, no idea if this is related.

Attached is Jeff's demo to 3S, (which I haven't completed, and won't tonight, since I'm heading to bed.)

11-26-2007 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
icon Re: I have Jeff's Demos (0)  
Well, I've played further in the hold, and so far this has not happened again. Drod.err has nothing since June so no hints there. Don't think there's much else useful that I can add.

Running build 54, if it matters.

11-29-2007 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JoMax
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 65
I have the same 3 demos

I just assumed they were imported with the hold!
12-02-2007 at 06:33 PM
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
JoMax wrote:
Something tells me this is probably the case, that Jeff_Ray... included these intentionally, as architects can.

12-02-2007 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Jatopian wrote:
JoMax wrote:
Something tells me this is probably the case, that Jeff_Ray... included these intentionally, as architects can.

Hmm, I never knew this was possible. If other people have the same ones, thats probably the answer then.

12-03-2007 at 01:13 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Jatopian wrote:
JoMax wrote:
These are the demos that get displayed from the Title Screen when this hold is selected, right?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-03-2007 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
icon Re: I have Jeff's Demos (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
JoMax wrote:
These are the demos that get displayed from the Title Screen when this hold is selected, right?

Well, these are demos available in-game on level 6 even prior to completing the rooms involved. Whether they also would play from the title screen, I don't know.

I waited several minutes to try to trigger the Title Screen demos and nothing happened, but I'm honestly not sure if this was impatience or if the hold has no demos set to display.

EDIT: The "Watch Demo" option is greyed out. I did delete one of the 3 demos though, assuming I somehow had them in error, so if these are the intended demos, that may have broken replay. Are the Title Screen demos normally available in-game?

[Last edited by Beef Row at 12-04-2007 08:12 AM]
12-04-2007 at 08:08 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Has anyone asked Jeff what he intended with those demos? I don't think he reads the Bugs board often. I know that he converted the hold to 3.0.0 just prior to submitting it. They may indeed have been intended as title screen demos, even though they don't show up that way now. (You don't have to conquer a room before watching a title screen demo for that room.)

I'll PM Jeff now...
EDIT: PM sent.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 12-04-2007 08:27 AM]
12-04-2007 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
It's unintended... That's pretty weird it happens. I don't know how these got here. When I selected watch demo, I was surprised to see these rooms in the demos, even though I don't remember using these rooms.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-04-2007 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : I have Jeff's Demos (And I didn't download them.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com