Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Uploading high scores in 3.0
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
IP: Logged
icon Uploading high scores in 3.0 (+1)  
Apologies if this has come up before, I don't follow the bug board too closely, but a quick search didn't find it.

I've done a substantial number of rooms offline - 750ish - in 3.0. I finally get this computer online, I connect to CaravelNet and hit Upload All, the spider acknowledges receiving a large and correct-looking number of rooms. But after the spider finishes, the My Stats page shows only about half the rooms accepted in each hold.

Attempt two; from the Change Location screen I hit Upload Scores for the individual holds I want uploaded. The spider receives the correct number of scores. Again, half are rejected. (Same ones.)

Attempt three; I go into the individual holds, to the individual rooms that are being rejected, and hit Upload Score. The spider accepts these.

After about 50 of these uploads I decided that I'd rather lose a few high scores and keep my sanity, so I'm giving up the quest. You can check my high scores page for examples of partially uploaded holds - Nightmare Dungeon, Tacker Triology and King Reubus' Palace should all be 100%.

[Last edited by Remlin at 07-16-2007 11:08 PM]
07-16-2007 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Uploading high scores in 3.0 (0)  
Remlin wrote:
I've done a substantial number of rooms offline - 750ish - in 3.0. I finally get this computer online, I connect to CaravelNet and hit Upload All, the spider acknowledges receiving a large and correct-looking number of rooms. But after the spider finishes, the My Stats page shows only about half the rooms accepted in each hold.

Attempt two; from the Change Location screen I hit Upload Scores for the individual holds I want uploaded. The spider receives the correct number of scores. Again, half are rejected. (Same ones.)

Attempt three; I go into the individual holds, to the individual rooms that are being rejected, and hit Upload Score. The spider accepts these.

After about 50 of these uploads I decided that I'd rather lose a few high scores and keep my sanity, so I'm giving up the quest. You can check my high scores page for examples of partially uploaded holds - Nightmare Dungeon, Tacker Triology and King Reubus' Palace should all be 100%.
So, if I understand correctly, it sounds like the spider is not accepting many demos when uploaded as a group of demos, but it does accept these same demos when uploaded individually. Is that correct?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-16-2007 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Remlin
That's the one sentence version of it, yup.
07-17-2007 at 07:41 PM
mrimer
Bump. Is this still an issue (with 3.x demos)?

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-01-2007 06:59 PM]
11-01-2007 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Bumping this again just in case Schik still needs to look at this.

02-29-2008 at 07:17 PM
Remlin
With the spider problems and my out-of-date installations, I haven't been able to retest until now, but this bug still exists in 3.2 v 82 on Linux.

This morning I played the hold Drod Tester One while disconnected from CaravelNet. After reconnecting and uploading my scores, the My Stats page only showed me as 5/12. I exported the player and imported into a fresh Linux installation, uploaded again, and still had only 5/12. Then I imported into a Windows installation and uploaded, and after that it went up to 12/12.

Oh, and as an edit to the original bug report, it doesn't seem like the spider is rejecting any demos. They're just plain not being uploaded. After hitting Upload Scores on Linux, the My Scores tab showed that only 5 scores were uploaded.

[Last edited by Remlin at 05-25-2008 05:16 PM]
05-25-2008 at 05:07 PM
JoMax
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 65
Remlin wrote:
<snip>
This morning I played the hold Drod Tester One while disconnected from CaravelNet. After reconnecting and uploading my scores, the My Stats page only showed me as 5/12. I exported the player and imported into a fresh Linux installation, uploaded again, and still had only 5/12. Then I imported into a Windows installation and uploaded, and after that it went up to 12/12.

Oh, and as an edit to the original bug report, it doesn't seem like the spider is rejecting any demos. They're just plain not being uploaded. After hitting Upload Scores on Linux, the My Scores tab showed that only 5 scores were uploaded.

I've noticed similar problems with Windows installation, and trying to recover lost high-scores (I always play connected). Selecting upload scores - exports the data - the correct number of unverified demos showing on My Scores page - however the My Stats page appears not to be updating - or certainly not very quickly. Re-completing a room updates the Stats instantly.

From my point of view this appears to be a server problem.....
05-26-2008 at 11:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Uploading high scores in 3.0 (+1)  
No, that's not a bug. That's just how it is.

When you do a mass upload, the scores don't show on your My Stats page until the spider has verified them. You can see your scores in the spider's cue by looking at the bottom of your My Scores page. When you recomplete a room, your unverified score goes on your My Stats page... and it may later disappear if the spider rejects your demo.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 05-26-2008 11:36 AM]
05-26-2008 at 11:34 AM
captainzakku
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
No, that's not a bug. That's just how it is.

When you do a mass upload, the scores don't show on your My Stats page until the spider has verified them. You can see your scores in the spider's cue by looking at the bottom of your My Scores page. When you recomplete a room, your unverified score goes on your My Stats page... and it may later disappear if the spider rejects your demo.

Any way to check which demo's haven't been checked? For some reason all of my scores from An Aumtlich's Quest disappeared, and while it hasn't been terribly hard to replay through it, in some cases I had the #1 score, but others had duplicated the score. So when my scores disappeared, the next earliest demo got bumped up, and now even if I recreate the demo I go to the end of the first place line. Any thoughts? Just wait to see if the problem sorts itself out?

05-27-2008 at 04:10 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
captainzakku wrote:
For some reason all of my scores from An Aumtlich's Quest disappeared
Schik has told us that, unfortunately, some demos uploaded last year during all highscore problems were not saved. If you are missing highscores from November or December 2007, you will have to upload them again. You should not need to replay any rooms, unless you have a 3.1 demo that is invalid in 3.2. As I write this post, the spider is not working. That means there will be quite a wait between the time of your mass upload and the time your scores appear back in the list for AAQ.
in some cases I had the #1 score, but others had duplicated the score. So when my scores disappeared, the next earliest demo got bumped up, and now even if I recreate the demo I go to the end of the first place line.
That is the very unfortunate consequence of the demos not being saved when you first submitted them. :(
05-27-2008 at 09:59 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Uploading high scores in 3.2 (+2)  
So here's the sitch. Earlier today, I did a mass upload of high scores; now, I'm going through holds to see where I'm missing scores. (Note I'm using 3.2 build 81.)

(As it happens, looking at http://forum.caravelgames.com/highscores.php?action=myscores&o=s , it looks like nothing missing was added.)

So as I say, I'm going hold-by-hold. In "Album", for instance, 1N4E and 2N5E were missing; going to those rooms, hitting F6, and uploading the individual demos worked.

But in An Aumtlich's Quest, I thought, "OK, I'll do a hold upload." Six demos uploaded and verified; one didn't. That was Research Centre: 1N, which is an eight move in-and-out demo, so nothing relevant should have changed or corrupted it. Going to the room and uploading the demo didn't work, either, so I had to replay it. (All eight moves!)

So there's still some uploading issues.
05-30-2008 at 07:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545

File: TCB Deep Uncturage 1E Victory.demo (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
I'll bump this again.

After the spider stuff had settled down, I did a bulk upload of my TCB scores, but I still show heaps missing.

I started uploading individual rooms, but they still didn't stick.

I started replaying individual rooms, and Deep Uncturage: 1E still won't stick. (Some other rooms have.)

I uploaded the newer and better of those DU:1E demos manually and it still hasn't stuck.

That demo is attached, if it helps.

Windows 3.2.0.83, originally installed as 3.1.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 06-08-2008 02:07 PM]
06-08-2008 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Uploading high scores in 3.0
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com