Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Humble Indie Bundle
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Humble Indie Bundle (0)  
Maurog wrote:
I'm proud to say that I haven't bought a single indie bundle, for the reason that I had most of the games already every time, and those were the ones I wanted anyway.
Don't forget that the full soundtracks in FLAC format are also in there - IMHO the Bastion soundtrack alone is more than worth the 20 USD I paid for it on CD... :)

np: Frittenbude - Dies Das (Riesenlöve <3 <3 <3) (Delfinarium)

06-03-2012 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: The Humble Indie Bundle V (0)  
Lone Survivor, Super Meat Boy, and Braid have been added to the list if you pay more than the average. Lone Survivor is a good game (but short, apparently). The soundtrack is good too, but it's not included in the bundle.
06-07-2012 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
I would love to see a Humble Feist Debut. (I recently read it's supposed to come out in July.) I'm going to hold my breath. :smile

[Last edited by Lamkin at 06-26-2012 10:29 PM : Changed the month. Oops.]
06-26-2012 at 10:27 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: The Humble Indie Bundle (+2)  
This month's Indie Royale (which is basically the same as the Humble Indie Bundle but has a different name) has some great games. I bought it for all 5 games in the Geneforge series and Unepic. It's the latter game I feel like a lot of people here may be interested in.

Basically, Unepic is a Metroidvania-style 2D platformer in a fantasy castle setting. It has more RPG elements than most Metroidvania games, including assigning skill points, some randomization in weapons, and a bit of crafting through making potions (although I haven't gotten too far, there might be more).

I do need to point out that the game is not kid-friendly. I was kind of surprised by this, but it's a pure indie downloadable game so there's no obvious rating. However, it does have a significant amount of profanity and fairly early on there's a "quest" involving winning the right to impregnate some goblin ladies. There's no real explicit graphics, since these are rather small 2D sprites, but if that offends you or if you were thinking about buying this for your children, you should know.

I've typed this before, recently, for The Binding of Isaac, but similarly, if you don't care about or can get past the storyline, the gameplay in Unepic is really enjoyable.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-26-2012 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
icon Re: The Humble Indie Bundle (+1)  
TSS FEATURE REQUEST: Goblin ladies.

07-26-2012 at 02:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
Dischorran wrote:
1) Why is this here?

2) I thought they were ladies. Most of them, anyway. Did I miss a penis?

3) Some of them are children too. Beethro kills an awful lot of people.

4) Maybe female guards are in order, though. (Though there was, rather notably, a female player role in TCB that was rather cool, I thought.) We could use a scream queen to apply for voice acting for the death rattle.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-26-2012 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I notice that the Geneforge Saga is in there too. Anyone here played it? How is it?

07-26-2012 at 03:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Trickster wrote:
Dischorran wrote:
1) Why is this here?
He was making a reference to my post just above his, which is the first post in this thread in about a month and thus started a new discussion.

Jatopian wrote:
I notice that the Geneforge Saga is in there too. Anyone here played it? How is it?

I haven't, but I've had my eye on it for a long time and I've liked other Spiderweb Software RPGs so I thought it was a no-brainer.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-26-2012 at 03:30 AM
Briareos
And in original Humble Bundle news:

The Humble Music Bundle

Pay what you want for albums from six brilliant musicians: They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot, Christopher Tin, and Hitoshi Sakimoto! If you pay more than the average, you'll also get an album from OK Go!
*immediately throws money at them*

[Last edited by Briareos at 07-27-2012 09:58 AM]
07-26-2012 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Oneiromancer wrote: However, it does have a significant amount of profanity and fairly early on there's a "quest" involving winning the right to impregnate some goblin ladies.
But it would be kid friendly if you brutally murdered them, right?
07-26-2012 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Banjooie wrote: But it would be kid friendly if you brutally murdered them, right?
Depends on how graphic it is. You have Nethack levels of graphicness, and then you have Dwarf Fortress levels.

07-26-2012 at 09:23 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
Jatopian wrote:
Banjooie wrote: But it would be kid friendly if you brutally murdered them, right?
Depends on how graphic it is. You have Nethack levels of graphicness, and then you have Dwarf Fortress levels.
And then you have (heaven forbid!) actual graphics.
07-27-2012 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
I was really hoping someone would catch that.

07-27-2012 at 02:19 AM
Lamkin
icon Humble Bundle for Android 3 (+1)  
Humble Bundle for Android 3 (plus Mac, Windows, and Linux):
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Fieldrunners
SpaceChem
Uplink
Spirits (You'll have to pay more than the average.)

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Spirits is okay. I already had it but haven't played it much. Its gameplay is like Lemmings. Nice art, too.

[Last edited by Lamkin at 08-15-2012 08:12 PM]
08-15-2012 at 08:07 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Had most of the games in the new bundle. Got it anyway.
I tell you, these guys suck you in :)

08-15-2012 at 08:30 PM
Jatopian
I've just heard of the Indie Gala - most of it looks meh, but I'm wondering about Ghost Master. It has a decent Metacritic score.

08-29-2012 at 05:38 PM
Briareos
Jatopian wrote:
I've just heard of the Indie Gala - most of it looks meh, but I'm wondering about Ghost Master. It has a decent Metacritic score.
Can't help you with that, but - calling "Sacred: Gold" indie is just wrong...

(Mind you, it's a good (if a bit old) "Diablo"-ish game, but it's not indie by any stretch of the word's definition...)

08-30-2012 at 10:34 AM
rowrow
If anyone wants indie gala bundle, you can get multiple giftable copies now during the "Happy hour". It's not exactly an hour, but it comes and goes.
Basically, if you check off that you are buying it as a gift(this is important!) you get extra giftable copies, especially if you bought during the first week of the bundle(now), you can get up to like 3 extra copies of the bundle!

[Last edited by rowrow at 09-02-2012 04:27 AM]
09-02-2012 at 04:25 AM
Lamkin
icon The Humble Indie Bundle 6 (+2)  
The Humble Indie Bundle 6:

Rochard
Shatter
S.P.A.Z.
Torchlight
Vessel
Dustforce (You'll have to pay more than the average to unlock it.)

https://www.humblebundle.com/
09-18-2012 at 06:25 PM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
And do pay more than the average. Dustforce is a fantastic game.

09-19-2012 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rowrow
Another kind of bundle, the Groupee Bundle

Pay at least $1 and receive:
X-Blades(Steam key)
King's Bounty: The Legend (PC & Mac, Steam & DRM Free)
NEO Scavenger(PC, Mac & Linux, Desura & DRM Free) (Currently on Greenlight - if it gets Greenlit, everyone will get Steam keys too)
Bonus Game: Kung Fu Strike (PC, Steam key)

Pay at least $5 and in addition receive:
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (PC, Steam key & DRM free)
Tropico 3 (PC, Steam key)
Dreamscape (PC DRM-Free)

Pay at least $8 and recieve
Earth 2150 trilogy (pc DRM Free)
Septerra Core (PC DRM Free

Plus a few graphic novels and music albums. The only game from this I really played is kung fu strike, and it was pretty neat.
Oh, and it's ending in a few days.

10-15-2012 at 08:56 AM
Snacko
I have played bothing's Bounty and Stranger's Wrath, and they're both great. King's Bounty is a remake of the game from which Heroes of Might & Magic takes its battle system and structure (think large scale exploration mixed with complex army building and turn based battles), while Stranger's Wrath is a delightfully offbeat western in the Oddworld universe with a huge and successful on forcing the player to improvise complex battle plans.

[Last edited by Snacko at 10-15-2012 08:30 PM]
10-15-2012 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
asmussen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 188
Snacko wrote:
I have played bothing's Bounty and Stranger's Wrath, and they're both great. King's Bounty is an adventure-strategy RPG remake of the game Heroes of Might & Magic takes its battle system and structure from while Stranger's Wrath is a delightfully offbeat western in the Oddworld universe with a huge and successful on forcing the player to improvise complex battle plans.

Actually, I believe that the ORIGINAL King's Bounty that I played on my Apple IIe predates the Heroes of Might and Magic series, and HoMM took the battle system from IT.

10-15-2012 at 08:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Yes, as I said. I can see how the muddled syntax might be confusing, though. Cleaning it up right now.

[Last edited by Snacko at 10-15-2012 08:30 PM]
10-15-2012 at 08:28 PM
Jatopian
New Indie Royale contains To the Moon, Oil Rush, The Blackwell Deception, AVSEQ, and Reprisal. Not sure what to make of some of them, especially To the Moon.

10-16-2012 at 05:51 PM
Snacko
Blackwell Deception is the fourth in the franchise. Odd inclusion.

Stick with To the Moon. It's ultimately a really worthwhile experience, and I'm looking forward to the heavily hinted at sequel.

10-19-2012 at 02:22 AM
Jatopian
New Indie Royale contains Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Home, Pathologic, MacGuffin's Curse, and EvilQuest. I've heard good things about the Sam & Max franchise if nothing else. MacGuffin's Curse has mixed reviews.

10-26-2012 at 09:22 PM
rowrow
Humble bundle for android #4
It is pay what you want, and you will receive a DRM free copy of all the games, all compatible with pc, mac, linux, and android.
The soundtracks for each game are included as well.
For those who pay at least $1, they will get a separate steam key as well for all the games,except waking mars, which will be sent if/when it is greenlit on steam.
Separate steam keys for each game
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Eufloria
Splice
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Waking Mars ( Android NO steam key yet, but it is on steam greenlight and will add a key if/when it is greenlit )

If you beat the average(currently $5.42) you will also receive the steam key, DRM free, and android copy of Machinarium
Humble bundle always adds games and other stuff to the bundles around a week after they start. For those who already bought the bundle before it gets added will get the extras automatically. For those who didn't buy it yet, they will have to beat the average to receive the extras. Make sure to buy this bundle ASAP!

[Last edited by rowrow at 11-08-2012 06:59 PM]
11-08-2012 at 06:20 PM
Jatopian
The current deal on IndieGameStand is Caster, which is an odd choice as it's currently only 0.99 USD on Steam.

11-25-2012 at 10:43 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: The Humble Indie Bundle (+3)  
Hey, all -- I just heard back from the guys at Indie Game Stand that they are scheduling DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder to be featured from December 11-14. We will have some great bonus content for those who pay above the average: the exclusive Flood Warning expansion and the DROD soundtrack available for sale on the Caravel Games site.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-26-2012 at 08:43 PM
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Humble Indie Bundle
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com